App. Filed.......
14-11-2011
Doc's Request.
05-03-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Interview........
08-05-2012
Hi everyone - Just wondering if anyone has news on the VO lately. They will be receiving our file in January, so just wondering.

Thanks!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Last year at the same date I was leaving Canada to go to Morocco to get married. Today I received a brown envelop from the visa office. Ouch! Triple ouch! The refusal letter stating our relationship is not genuine. Ouch! That hurts! As if the wound was not deep enough...

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys,

Just to let you know that i had my ADR today and we FINALLY WON!!!Habibti it sucks but with determination, and patience and beleive in your love ,,,,beleive that your relationship is genuine it will work out ......To all good luck by journey hasnt ended yet he still has to come and that my friends can take 3months to a year imagine so close but yet so far......Incha allah to all good news and to all some patience.... :_)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hearty congrats to you and your spouse. May you have a peaceful and joyous New Year.

vjamal said:
hey guys,

Just to let you know that i had my ADR today and we FINALLY WON!!!Habibti it sucks but with determination, and patience and beleive in your love ,,,,beleive that your relationship is genuine it will work out ......To all good luck by journey hasnt ended yet he still has to come and that my friends can take 3months to a year imagine so close but yet so far......Incha allah to all good news and to all some patience.... :_)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Painfully poignant, yes, but who knows where you'll be next year? Maybe you'll have something really really positive happen on the anniversary of another milestone in your relationship, and won't that be poetic justice...... :)
Habibti said:
Last year at the same date I was leaving Canada to go to Morocco to get married. Today I received a brown envelop from the visa office. Ouch! Triple ouch! The refusal letter stating our relationship is not genuine. Ouch! That hurts! As if the wound was not deep enough...

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
ddobro2 said:
Painfully poignant, yes, but who knows where you'll be next year? Maybe you'll have something really really positive happen on the anniversary of another milestone in your relationship, and won't that be poetic justice?
Well said!

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
vjamal said:
hey guys,

You cannot imagine how happy I am for you!!! If you were right there in front of me I would give you a BIG hug! Congratulations! You have to tell me everything so I can get prepared! How was it? Their reaction? Yours? The questions asked? How many people? Who was there? Anything you could share with me. There are times I feel so discouraged and I just want to give up! Thanks for sharing the good news with us! It will give us more faith, more courage.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
Painfully poignant, yes, but who knows where you'll be next year? Maybe you'll have something really really positive happen on the anniversary of another milestone in your relationship, and won't that be poetic justice...... :)
Yes, it is well said! I spent some time this weekend to read lots of appeals on this site: http://www.canlii.org/en/index.php

I entered: genuine marriage, age difference and Morocco as keywords.

I got emotionally very down as it seems they don't accept couples with age difference and other differences such as income, culture and religions. I am afraid they will refuse us like all the other couples! That is why I spent the weekend in high anxiety. What are our chances I wonder!

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well there was 4people me, my lawyer, the tribunal judge and the officer that defends immigration....well look its the immigration officer that only asks question she doesnt let u really finish your anwers then she will ask u another ....like what makes u think ur husband wants u for love not for ur for citizenship?.......how can u fall for a man on internet?..... did he know on the chat room whee u met that u were canadian?....about 30-40min of questions i was quite nervous but confident as well i did live with him for 6mths and i did pay a lawyer so cmon but u never know but we won and im so relieved.....

Habibti,,ddbro thanks......habibti what can i say its tough all of it is .....i dont think i wouldve been able to do it fully without the 6mths with him honestly due to the length of time they take to make ur appointment for appeal or adr.....we were blessed that our families are very supportive and hey helped us with this journey ....

and when she came back with the judge and made my verdict and she said that we beleive that your marriage is authentic i could not hold myself back i started crying of joy and FINALLY......a weight has been lifted .......and called my hubby he started crying my mom his mom his sisters his brothers....It was a emotional win but so happy finally our turn came.....

and to all of yours....xoxoxox

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
vjamal said:
well there was 4people me, my lawyer, the tribunal judge and the officer that defends immigration....well look its the immigration officer that only asks question she doesnt let u really finish your anwers then she will ask u another ....like what makes u think ur husband wants u for love not for ur for citizenship?.......how can u fall for a man on internet?..... did he know on the chat room whee u met that u were canadian?....about 30-40min of questions i was quite nervous but confident as well i did live with him for 6mths and i did pay a lawyer so cmon but u never know but we won and im so relieved.....

Habibti,,ddbro thanks......habibti what can i say its tough all of it is .....i dont think i wouldve been able to do it fully without the 6mths with him honestly due to the length of time they take to make ur appointment for appeal or adr.....we were blessed that our families are very supportive and hey helped us with this journey ....

and when she came back with the judge and made my verdict and she said that we beleive that your marriage is authentic i could not hold myself back i started crying of joy and FINALLY......a weight has been lifted .......and called my hubby he started crying my mom his mom his sisters his brothers....It was a emotional win but so happy finally our turn came.....

Wow! What a moving story! What were your answers? I am curious to know. It will inspire me for my own answers. Especially the one about "What makes you think your husband really loves you and not using you for citizenship?" That could be very tricky to answer.

So what is your next step? Are you going to visit your husband until he gets his visa? You were very lucky to have lived with him for 6 months. It was a big plus for winning the ADR. I could never do that. So if I get the ADR, I will to wait one year? I cannot imagine how I will be in one year! I am already suffering very much.

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well for that question .....I said that my husband will not wake up no matter whatever time in the night due to time differences to talk to me on msn or skype for hours and hours if it all of this was for papers and obviously me going there for 6mths really really helped my case a lot .....
When we got refused dec 2010 i took a lawyer in january 2011 and we were waiting for the appeal while i was living in Morocco ...then When i came back in August thats when they said they selected our case for the ADR ...so u cannot ask for it ....So for APPEAL its about a year if they think they can resolve the issue fater its the ADR which its only me talking and defending ...The appeal they call your husband so its both of you talking and defending with or without translator......

But for sure u got to go back for a visit and take pics with family ....either way we had about 200-300pics for the 6mths only the we had another 200-300 pics fromthe other times and the lawyer only chose 37pics and at the ADR nothing was shown....

They just to know that your not a desperate woman getting tricked by a moroccan for papers basically...and ur love is genuine ....
But im still wondering how much time it will take for my habibi to come ...hmmmm

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
vjamal said:
well for that question .....I said that my husband will not wake up no matter whatever time in the night due to time differences to talk to me on msn or skype for hours and hours if it all of this was for papers and obviously me going there for 6mths really really helped my case a lot .....
When we got refused dec 2010 i took a lawyer in january 2011 and we were waiting for the appeal while i was living in Morocco ...then When i came back in August thats when they said they selected our case for the ADR ...so u cannot ask for it ....So for APPEAL its about a year if they think they can resolve the issue fater its the ADR which its only me talking and defending ...The appeal they call your husband so its both of you talking and defending with or without translator......

But for sure u got to go back for a visit and take pics with family ....either way we had about 200-300pics for the 6mths only the we had another 200-300 pics fromthe other times and the lawyer only chose 37pics and at the ADR nothing was shown....

They just to know that your not a desperate woman getting tricked by a moroccan for papers basically...and ur love is genuine ....
But im still wondering how much time it will take for my habibi to come ...hmmmm
Thank you!!! That is very informative! So it took you a year to get the ADR and you say the appeal is about a year... so I see the waiting time is quite the same. I read another case where the person had his ADR in 3 months!!! And another person had her ADR in 7 months! Are you planning to go back to Morocco or you just wait for your husband to come?

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No unfortunatley no Morocco for me ...NO $$$$.......i will pray that its not going to take tooo much time for him to come and we shall see...

But like i said we were waiting for an appeal but they contacted my lawyer by letter stating they selected us for ADR....the selction for adr was given in august then the date was december ......

Look its not easy at all all this especially after a refusal ..like i said i dont know how i wouldve got through without spending alot of time with my husband ....before that we didnt see each other for 10mths then lets say i didnt go that would another 11mths tagged on ....i wouldve gone coucou.......

Just when u go get all kinds of proof pics ...emails...msn history or skype...train tickets...hotel bills.....anything .....