+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsor approval

philipslight

Mar 3, 2015
hi guys if my sponsor get approved to be sponsor, is there also a high chance that my application will be approve?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't think you can really say that. The two steps evaluate different things. The first evaluates if your sponsor meets all of the criteria to sponsor you. The second step examines the applicant and the relationship. What gives you a high chance of being approved is putting together a complete application and ensuring that you include strong evidence to show that your relationship is genuine.

philipslight

Mar 3, 2015
scylla said:
I don't think you can really say that. The two steps evaluate different things. The first evaluates if your sponsor meets all of the criteria to sponsor you. The second step examines the applicant and the relationship. What gives you a high chance of being approved is putting together a complete application and ensuring that you include strong evidence to show that your relationship is genuine.
Thanks. I have a question, should I include receipt of grocery, household items, restaurant receipt etc in the application for the proof even if our names is not there?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
philipslight said:
Thanks. I have a question, should I include receipt of grocery, household items, restaurant receipt etc in the application for the proof even if our names is not there?
That is not really good proof, showing credit card statements with both your names is good, or bank statements, or hotel receipts with your names, that kind of thing. If you stayed at a hotel with a restaurant or went on a specific trip with a certain restaurant it might be worth putting in with an explanation otherwise I would not bother.

philipslight

Mar 3, 2015
Aquakitty said:
That is not really good proof, showing credit card statements with both your names is good, or bank statements, or hotel receipts with your names, that kind of thing. If you stayed at a hotel with a restaurant or went on a specific trip with a certain restaurant it might be worth putting in with an explanation otherwise I would not bother.
what if I am not included in hotel receipt/reservation is it possible? but we have pictures inside the hotel room.
Another question, so is it more okay just to submit the credit card statement rather than sending the receipt without names?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
philipslight said:
what if I am not included in hotel receipt/reservation is it possible? but we have pictures inside the hotel room.
Another question, so is it more okay just to submit the credit card statement rather than sending the receipt without names?
Yes, if you have credit cards with both your names on the statements then that is good to send, receipts don't really show anything, unless you have receipts where both you and your spouse signed for the same credit cards. If you have receipts and pictures in a hotel then it goes well together. It's normal to only have one name on the hotel reservation.

gooh

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2015
AOR Received.
23-4-2015
File Transfer...
29-4-2015
Med's Done....
5-2-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 14-8-2015 DM: 15-12-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
In case it helps, my common-law partner and I lived together for roughly 3 years. In our app we included hard evidence like:

- My original plane ticket up there
- An assortment of bank statements spanning at least one year showing us both at the same Canadian address
- Holiday cards from my family addressed to us both in Canada
- TONS of photos chronicled over my years living with him. Like family vacations I took with him and his family, and him on vacations with me and my family when they came up to visit us

And of course things like notarized letters from friends and family attesting to our co-habitation, chat logs, etc.

philipslight

Mar 3, 2015
gooh said:
In case it helps, my common-law partner and I lived together for roughly 3 years. In our app we included hard evidence like:

- My original plane ticket up there
- An assortment of bank statements spanning at least one year showing us both at the same Canadian address
- Holiday cards from my family addressed to us both in Canada
- TONS of photos chronicled over my years living with him. Like family vacations I took with him and his family, and him on vacations with me and my family when they came up to visit us

And of course things like notarized letters from friends and family attesting to our co-habitation, chat logs, etc.
hi thank you for your insight. can we just send notarized letters from our friends and my family only?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
philipslight said:
hi thank you for your insight. can we just send notarized letters from our friends and my family only?
Do you mean as the only piece of evidence? If so - no, that's not recommended. You want to provide quite a bit more evidence than that to prove your relationship is genuine.

gooh

Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-3-2015
AOR Received.
23-4-2015
File Transfer...
29-4-2015
Med's Done....
5-2-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 14-8-2015 DM: 15-12-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
[quote author=philipslight]
[/quote]

Short answer is no. If you're married, there is a little less burden on you to provide proof that you lived together and your relationship is genuine compared to common-low or conjugal. Obviously you want to treat them all with the same severity and send as much evidence as possible. However, with common-law, you really, REALLY need to convince CIC you were living with your partner in a marriage-like union for no less than 12 months. This would include concrete evidence like bank statements, credit card statements, join accounts, joint insurance, leases, etc, AS WELL AS things like photographs, chat logs, letters from family/friends, and so on. Either way, as mentioned above, sending only letters for either of those scenarios is not recommended.