+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP processing time

Poli

Oct 2, 2012
Hello, my name is Walter and I've applied for SINP in November 2011 and I haven't hear anything since then. Does anybody know how long this process take?
Thank you

RebeccaCQ

Sep 6, 2012
I was under the impression that the application would be processed within a few weeks (eg 6-12 weeks). I know someone that had this experience, however I have heard of a lot of people having far longer waiting times. I don't know why there is this difference between different people's experiences.
We are just about to submit our application so I will report back when we get a response/approval.

However you applied a LONG time ago & I would definitely chase it up, but I don't know how you should go about doing this, sorry.

JulieLord

Apr 4, 2012
W, UKales
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/11/2011 via Representatives
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
waiting ...
Poli said:
Hello, my name is Walter and I've applied for SINP in November 2011 and I haven't hear anything since then. Does anybody know how long this process take?
Thank you
Hi Walter,

We applied for SINP (Skilled Worker) November 2011 and like you, have not heard anything. The only bit of information we recently received was that my employer in Canada had a phonecall to verify the job offer etc, but that was 5 weeks ago now.

The wait is a nightmare.

What category have you applied under and what is your country of residence? Did you apply yourselves or use a consultant. We are from the UK and used a consultant based in Regina, SK.

Lets hope we hear soon!!!

Julie

RebeccaCQ

Sep 6, 2012
I am wondering if the job category & your country of origin may have some affect on the processing times?

Poli

Oct 2, 2012
Thank you everybody,
I've applied for a Skilled Worker category through a lawyer in Vancouver ( I didn't apply from my country "Argentina"). When i called the SINP immigration office they told me that my file is in process.

chosen

Jan 24, 2011
Naija
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011...initially Mar 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 & Feb 2014
Nomination.....
February 28, 2014
AOR Received.
June 10, 2014
Med's Request
July 3, 2014
Med's Done....
July 5, 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Mar 3, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 12, 2015 (received Mar 23)
LANDED..........
June 2015. ...By God's grace
Hi everybody,

I also applied in March 2011, had a document update in June or July 2011, sponsor's call in Feb 2012 but havent heard anything since then!

I really do wonder who's filling up the Sask quota?!!!

JCS

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 27, 2011
Doc's Request.
September 4, 2012
Nomination.....
September 19, 2012
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 06, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Already in Canada (28/09/2010)
RebeccaCQ said:
I was under the impression that the application would be processed within a few weeks (eg 6-12 weeks). I know someone that had this experience, however I have heard of a lot of people having far longer waiting times. I don't know why there is this difference between different people's experiences.
We are just about to submit our application so I will report back when we get a response/approval.

However you applied a LONG time ago & I would definitely chase it up, but I don't know how you should go about doing this, sorry.
Did all of the people you heard off apply in Saskatchewan? Saskatchewan is the province with the longest waiting times on PNP; minimum of 8 months these days and only if you're really lucky. Its only being processed quicker if you already have a work permit with LMO.
In other provinces it can take as little as a month.

truedream

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO, sydney, Nova Scotia Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21july 2011
Doc's Request.
11 nov 2011
Nomination.....
waiting
IELTS Request
already send with application
Hi all..!! We applied in July 2011...had additional documents update Nov 2011..since then no update..

dr4u

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
regina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-12-11
Doc's Request.
12-2-2014
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
9-1-12
IELTS Request
12-2-2014
File Transfer...
no
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
hello

i applied in SINP FAMILY CASE,

IN 6 DECEMBER 2011 UNDER FROM REGINA , UNDER GENERAL PHYSICIAN -3112

NO , RESPONSE STILL YET

OFFICE TOLD ---PROCESSING TIME IS APP. 1 YEAR

GOING TO ONE YEAR ON 6 2012.

LETS HOPE FOR BEST

WAITING ......................................
[flash=200,200][/flash]

RebeccaCQ

Sep 6, 2012
JCS said:
Did all of the people you heard off apply in Saskatchewan? Saskatchewan is the province with the longest waiting times on PNP; minimum of 8 months these days and only if you're really lucky. Its only being processed quicker if you already have a work permit with LMO.
In other provinces it can take as little as a month.
Just to update..we submitted the SINP application online & within about 8 days received a request for further documentation/clarification. We submitted these within the next week, then waited less than a week to receive the Visa approval. So all together it was about 3 weeks, but half of that time was spent with being told to/ sorting out the additional documentation.
This is WITH a valid job offer, but the actual work visa will be applied for at arrival (immigration in Toronto airport).

This is almost identical to our friends' experience.

JCS

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 27, 2011
Doc's Request.
September 4, 2012
Nomination.....
September 19, 2012
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 06, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
RebeccaCQ said:
Just to update..we submitted the SINP application online & within about 8 days received a request for further documentation/clarification. We submitted these within the next week, then waited less than a week to receive the Visa approval. So all together it was about 3 weeks, but half of that time was spent with being told to/ sorting out the additional documentation.
This is WITH a valid job offer, but the actual work visa will be applied for at arrival (immigration in Toronto airport).

This is almost identical to our friends' experience.
Are you talking about saskatchewan immigration nominee program? Your timeline and those of your friends don't match anyone elses timelines. it takes about three months alone for the employer to get registered (new requirement) before the employee can apply for SINP. how long did that part take for you? Or did you apply before may?

ang1907

Aug 30, 2012
JulieLord said:
Hi Walter,

We applied for SINP (Skilled Worker) November 2011 and like you, have not heard anything. The only bit of information we recently received was that my employer in Canada had a phonecall to verify the job offer etc, but that was 5 weeks ago now.

The wait is a nightmare.

What category have you applied under and what is your country of residence? Did you apply yourselves or use a consultant. We are from the UK and used a consultant based in Regina, SK.

Lets hope we hear soon!!!

Julie

Hi Julie,

Just wondered how long your application actually took? We are also from the UK and have now waited around 5 months

Regards

Angela

JCS

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 27, 2011
Doc's Request.
September 4, 2012
Nomination.....
September 19, 2012
AOR Received.
November 26, 2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 06, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ang1907 said:
Hi Julie,

Just wondered how long your application actually took? We are also from the UK and have now waited around 5 months

Regards

Angela
She got her nomination last November and had a flight for the beginning of December. Haven't heard anything from her since then. So about a year. same for me btw.

Poli

Oct 2, 2012
Fazan, i tried to answer your question thru here but i couldn't so i post my reply here....hope you see it!
I applied under SINP Skilled worker in Nov 2011, one year after (Nov 2012) additional docs were required so my consultant sent them. I'm still waiting for some hopefully good news.....
If anybody have any news to share please do!

fazan

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-03-2012
Poli said:
Fazan, i tried to answer your question thru here but i couldn't so i post my reply here....hope you see it!
I applied under SINP Skilled worker in Nov 2011, one year after (Nov 2012) additional docs were required so my consultant sent them. I'm still waiting for some hopefully good news.....
If anybody have any news to share please do!
Hi poli

I think average processing time for sinp skilled worker varies from 15 to 18 months for nomination's only and add 8 to 10 extra months for CIC