Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2014
gangster9rls said:
Ram

one thing

As per my understanding (I maybe wrong)
even if the occupation is regulated there is no need to obtain licensing, it was highly difficult for getting license as one of its criteria is you have to work a minimum of 12 months under P.Eng supervisor .
So only need to be verified with regulator body for eligibility. how to get verification we need to think over/contact some regulator bodies on it.

Only critical thing is (especially) for regulated occupations WES assessed report is acceptable or not?
(Probably for you its not a problem as you claiming that your occupation is not regulated)

Guys, whose occupation will come under regulated profession please think over on these two things
its very important too
Yes Gangster. As I have posted a few posts back, its rather frustrating at not getting the right information. I also visted the workingincanada website as suggested and what ever information has been obtained from that I am going to take a risk and file my application. Getting a licence is out of the question. But as I have gone through the immigration process for Australia and FSW Canada, I feel only trades, engineers and Health Occupations require regulation and licensing

sunnytheshine

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
I believe Education credential assessment is not needed for PNP process...
We just need to upload our educational transcripts and degrees.

Canph

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
ram040479 said:
canph

I checked the workingincanada website wherein, if I search for my occupation as consultant, it is asking me to select an area in the province and if I select a random one, it says the profession is not regulated. So my take, purely my take is that my profession is not regulated and I am going to take a risk of applying without any licensing or regulation. If they ask at a later date then I will leave it on destiny to make my nomination get approved. Its just frustrating at not getting clear cut information.
Hi ram,

Even I am thinking of the same taking risk of applying for nomination, as the lack of information is creating lot of confusions regarding respective occupations, I am with you in this risk taking job.

ram040479

Aug 10, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2014
Canph said:
@ ram,

No message in my inbox, can you please resend.
Canph

Was not able to send. Have attached the link. Please have a look, just a few posts back

Canph

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
gangster9rls said:
Ram

one thing

As per my understanding (I maybe wrong)
even if the occupation is regulated there is no need to obtain licensing, it was highly difficult for getting license as one of its criteria is you have to work a minimum of 12 months under P.Eng supervisor .
So only need to be verified with regulator body for eligibility. how to get verification we need to think over/contact some regulator bodies on it.

Only critical thing is (especially) for regulated occupations WES assessed report is acceptable or not?
(Probably for you its not a problem as you claiming that your occupation is not regulated)

Guys, whose occupation will come under regulated profession please think over on these two things
its very important too
Hi gangster,
Its true that getting a licence is not a cake walk it requires hell lot of time.
Moreover in the guideline doc it has been mentioned that after receiving the application it will be sent to the respective regulation body to verify whether the degree is acceptable to get the required licence, so I believe there is no need to get licence before filing the application.
Apart from all this speculation I think we need a clear cut information from SINP people, let us wait for the info and decide on application.
Under which NOC you will be applying, I have seen your quote in FSW 2013 thread, that you have sent the application to CIC last week, so are you trying for FSW 2013 or SINP.

sunnytheshine

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
My checklist for SNIP

=> Scanned front and back of passport in PDF format.
=> Scanned copies of Bachelor of Computer Applications marksheets and degree in PDF format.
=> Scanned copies of Master of Computer Applications marksheets and degree in PDF format.
=> Scanned copy of Birth Certificate in PDF format.
=> Scanned copy of Letter of reference from past and present employer in PDF format.
=> Scanned copy of Fixed Deposits and saving account statements in PDF format.

AIMS Passion

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Canph said:
Hi ram,

Even I am thinking of the same taking risk of applying for nomination, as the lack of information is creating lot of confusions regarding respective occupations, I am with you in this risk taking job.
The entire guideline and process look confusing.
1. Settlement Plan
2. Passport Validity no less than 2 years (Mine is 1 Year and 6 months valid)
3. Only original Birth Certificate, no affidavits (Mine is from my country's National Population Commission)
4. School refuses to send my degree transcript to me. (How will I attached this if I dont have it?)

How can we overcome all these and still be able to apply? I have read through several posts and Canada/Sasks websites, looks a dead end!

Anybody with a way out here? @Regina. Canph and anyother seniors, please help!

sunnytheshine

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
There is no need of getting any licence for applying ... u need a licence to work in ur profession when u arrive to canada.

Canph

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
ram040479 said:
Canph

Was not able to send. Have attached the link. Please have a look, just a few posts back
@RAM,

This time no one can stop you from getting the PR nomination from Saskatchewan, you are ready with docs and you are destined to be in Canada.
As your occupation is not regulated one, as per my opinion you should be in the cap and will be.
Good luck dude.

Canph

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
I second ram, sunnytheshine in regard getting licence, as it is very clear that to work in the respective profession we need licence or else no need to get the licence.

Education and job requirements can vary by region. Workers in regulated occupations require a licence to work legally. Workers in non-regulated occupations do not require a licence, but employers may have other certification requirements.

The above line is found on Canada working website, so above statement is based on my understanding regarding the occupation and licence.

Need views form other experts and thread mates.

ram040479

Aug 10, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2014
Canph said:
@ RAM,

This time no one can stop you from getting the PR nomination from Saskatchewan, you are ready with docs and you are destined to be in Canada.
As your occupation is not regulated one, as per my opinion you should be in the cap and will be.
Good luck dude.
Thanks for your positive vibes. ;D

Canph

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
AIMS Passion said:
The entire guideline and process look confusing.
1. Settlement Plan
No clear picture on this, better to wait for a week
2. Passport Validity no less than 2 years (Mine is 1 Year and 6 months valid)
As per guideline need to have 2 year validity
3. Only original Birth Certificate, no affidavits (Mine is from my country's National Population Commission)
BC from national population commission is accepted
4. School refuses to send my degree transcript to me. (How will I attached this if I dont have it?)
Marks cards and degree certificate is acceptable.

How can we overcome all these and still be able to apply? I have read through several posts and Canada/Sasks websites, looks a dead end!
Even though it is dead end for many, no harm in trying.

Anybody with a way out here? @ Regina. Canph and anyother seniors, please help!

NAMBIVIN

Star Member
Sep 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All

I am new to this thread. I am from India.

First of all thanks to all the seniors for the valuable information on SNIP. They cleared most of my queries around SNIP program. I was thinking of going through some consultancy for the same but got confidence from this thread to apply it myself. Even the consultancy doesn't have these info that you guys have shared . I feel that you guys have saved my hard earned money(90K INR) from spending on some consultancy which could be fraud (who knows)

I have not yet evaluated my educational qualifications yet. I have seen mixed reviews on this topic from this forum. But decided to get my Educational qualification assessed and be ready . Could you someone please throw some lights on below points:
1.Where could i get my education assessed. (Any online link)
2. How much will it cost for the same.
3. How long it will take to get the qualifications assessed.

@ Ram : I have seen that you have done it already . Did you do it by your own. Can you pls share some info.

~Cheers
VN