+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Single or multiple entry visa issued for parents to attend convocation of child in canada?

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
I am currently about to finish studies and and about to graduate in canada. I am intending to invite my parents to canada for the convocation.
Someone told me that the TRV the parents get by this cause is valid for 10 years and they can make multiple six months visit to canada during the 10 years independent of my status in canada.
Is this true or they get visa for only this time but later again if they want to visit, they will have to apply visa again ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am currently about to finish studies and and about to graduate in canada. I am intending to invite my parents to canada for the convocation.
Someone told me that the TRV the parents get by this cause is valid for 10 years and they can make multiple six months visit to canada during the 10 years independent of my status in canada.
Is this true or they get visa for only this time but later again if they want to visit, they will have to apply visa again ?
It's up to IRCC what your parents will get. Normally they will issue a 10 year multiple entry visa. However sometimes they won't if ties to the home country are low. Also keep in mind that the length of the validity of the visa cannot be longer than the validity of the passport.

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
I am intending to apply for shorter duration about 2 weeks only.
Will that cause visa officer to think its short time only and give only single entry visa?
Or that particular decision is independent of duration of intended visit?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am intending to apply for shorter duration about 2 weeks only.
Will that cause visa officer to think its short time only and give only single entry visa?
Or that particular decision is independent of duration of intended visit?
No impact on whether it will be single or multiple entry. They are the ones that need to show their own funds, travel history and ties to home country.