+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore timeline

LiveUnlimited

Nov 13, 2011
yes, thats how it shows in the e-cas. the day cic-m received the application, same day shows application received for pr in cic-sing VO. maybe they just scan the application bar code and all the info goes to cic-m and cic-sin database. I got approval letter from cic-m on oct 5.

LiveUnlimited

Nov 13, 2011
mirjahan said:
your time line looks fishy
you send your application 28 july 2011 and Singapore receives your PR appoication after one one day send your application and before sponsor approval.
please do not make time like joke and make us worry thank you

yes, thats how it shows in the e-cas. the day cic-m received the application, same day shows application received for pr in cic-sing VO. maybe they just scan the application bar code and all the info goes to cic-m and cic-sin database. I got approval letter from cic-m on oct 5.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
13.12.2011(with PC request), submitted in 2nd week of january 2012
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
LiveUnlimited said:
same for me as well, mine says application received on 20th July, the day we filed our application.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
LiveUnlimited said:
Still it is confuse anyway your application was super fast than any vo office. Look like they started process within 10 days of Singapore after received file. Mean they start your application base on IMM0008ENU_2D and with out IMM 0008DEP,IMM 5669,IMM 5490 and without your official and unofficial supporting documents the received.
(And 2D acrobat reader file mean all data goes to one single bar code or one page from many pages , mean all pages to just one single page. Does not goes to their database just extract )

I have no more voice to say how the Singapore VO does process an application without order and randomly.

LiveUnlimited

Nov 13, 2011
I have filled up new imm 0008(07-2011) e form. cic started this new for from mid july/2011. i guess rest of the forms are same. I think when they update in ecas to in process, that means, they have sent the letter for passport request. because the day i have seen ecas update to in process, it is the same date on my PPR letter.

I do not know if they have new department for the applicant with new form or not. I do not know how it works in Sin-vo.

mirjahan said:
Still it is confuse anyway your application was super fast than any vo office. Look like they started process within 10 days of Singapore after received file. Mean they start your application base on IMM0008ENU_2D and with out IMM 0008DEP,IMM 5669,IMM 5490 and without your official and unofficial supporting documents the received.
(And 2D acrobat reader file mean all data goes to one single bar code or one page from many pages , mean all pages to just one single page. Does not goes to their database just extract )

I have no more voice to say how the Singapore VO does process an application without order and randomly.

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Every one that is in queue for an interview just chill out. If you are the applicant you must collect evidence that your relationship is continuous. Singapore doesn't allow any more evidence to be sent in and added to your file. However you can collect fresh evidence of your continued relationship for the interview. If the evidence is not in English it must be translated or else they will not accept it.

Singapore sends the documents to the sponsor and the sponsor must send them to the applicant. The applicant can only bring these documents into the interview. You can bring new evidence of continued relationship at the interview but it must have a translation.
I read my wife's letter it is a scare letter. Things don't make any sense because my wife only got UCI number now. They were vague about the reason for interview. "Our file did not meet the standard for normal processing" or something. I was expecting my wife to go to interview but not a 24 month wait. People are born and die in 24 months. Marriages are made and broken in 24 months.

My advice is HANG IN THERE they are giving you the test of time. Collect good evidence of continued relationship to present at the interview. The wait for interview is just the test of time some marriages will not last. The interview itself is the test of what you claim on the application. If you claim you speak in English together than you must speak English. If you claim you write every day you must have proof etc. From what I understand the process was taking 21 months. My wife's application has been in Singapore for 7 months. Normally it would take them an additional 14 months for my wife to be in Canada and complete the file at customs at her arrival. They just added 10 more months because interview queue is 24 months. I think they will not communicate with anyone until new medical or police record is required. I also believe if you are accepted after interview things will move quickly.

stupidrim

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
Canadianfirst said:
Every one that is in queue for an interview just chill out. If you are the applicant you must collect evidence that your relationship is continuous. Singapore doesn't allow any more evidence to be sent in and added to your file. However you can collect fresh evidence of your continued relationship for the interview. If the evidence is not in English it must be translated or else they will not accept it.

Singapore sends the documents to the sponsor and the sponsor must send them to the applicant. The applicant can only bring these documents into the interview. You can bring new evidence of continued relationship at the interview but it must have a translation.
I read my wife's letter it is a scare letter. Things don't make any sense because my wife only got UCI number now. They were vague about the reason for interview. "Our file did not meet the standard for normal processing" or something. I was expecting my wife to go to interview but not a 24 month wait. People are born and die in 24 months. Marriages are made and broken in 24 months.

My advice is HANG IN THERE they are giving you the test of time. Collect good evidence of continued relationship to present at the interview. The wait for interview is just the test of time some marriages will not last. The interview itself is the test of what you claim on the application. If you claim you speak in English together than you must speak English. If you claim you write every day you must have proof etc. From what I understand the process was taking 21 months. My wife's application has been in Singapore for 7 months. Normally it would take them an additional 14 months for my wife to be in Canada and complete the file at customs at her arrival. They just added 10 more months because interview queue is 24 months. I think they will not communicate with anyone until new medical or police record is required. I also believe if you are accepted after interview things will move quickly.
Few days ago, i was discussing with one of my friends found in this forum about our interview list. I told him, probably CIC will introduce "Conditional spouse visa" at the end of this month and will give us the option to choose either interview or conditional VISA. And that's why, they are sending more people in interview queue for very very minimum reason. They already introduced "Super Visa" for our parents ,i am thankful to them for this visa which will be effective by the end of this month. They are changing a lot of their very old immigration system to make it faster and bulletproof :D. I/We appreciate it. We already know that they are working on Conditional spouse visa and honorable minister said, it will be introduced at the end of this year. I pray and hope , we will get rid of this current situation by receiving this visa. So, be optimistic and don't give up your hope.

Hello121

Jan 6, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
stupidrim said:
Few days ago, i was discussing with one of my friends found in this forum about our interview list. I told him, probably CIC will introduce "Conditional spouse visa" at the end of this month and will give us the option to choose either interview or conditional VISA. And that's why, they are sending more people in interview queue for very very minimum reason. They already introduced "Super Visa" for our parents ,i am thankful to them for this visa which will be effective by the end of this month. They are changing a lot of their very old immigration system to make it faster and bulletproof :D. I/We appreciate it. We already know that they are working on Conditional spouse visa and honorable minister said, it will be introduced at the end of this year. I pray and hope , we will get rid of this current situation by receiving this visa. So, be optimistic and don't give up your hope.

Very uplifting post. :) I hope you are right Stupidrim.

Lifer

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
So, I'm still not sure how we're supposed to find the father to get a 'letter of no objection', but...

When Singapore sends mail asking for us to send new immigration photos, and re-do the medical exams, that's good right? I mean, they wouldn't ask for us to re-do the exams just so that they can take another year to process our application... would they?

bev canadian

Apr 27, 2011
Does anyone know how long is going to take for singapore vo to send the 2nd letter confirming the time n place for the interview? and i want to know, can my hubby travel at this time? i am the one sponsoring him, and he wanted to travel back home and then back to Thailand, but dont know when they migth send the letter...pls advise!

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
LiveUnlimited said:
Congratulations. Your procesing time is really very fast. I am happy to see that there are people like you are getting visa from singapore so early. I am glad to think that may be my case will be processed so fast like yours.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
bev canadian said:
Does anyone know how long is going to take for singapore vo to send the 2nd letter confirming the time n place for the interview? and i want to know, can my hubby travel at this time? i am the one sponsoring him, and he wanted to travel back home and then back to Thailand, but dont know when they migth send the letter...pls advise!
if u r from thailand then ask someone from the thai forum, u will get accurate answer.

suva

May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
31.01.2012( in hand)
LANDED..........
1st March 2012
today i got a letter from SG. they returned all the photos and other proofs of relationship. in the letter they asked for my status in UK 2008-2011 that means which visa i had on that period. is it a good sign? will they ask for an interview?? by the way can i send this by fax.?

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
suva said:
today i got a letter from SG. they returned all the photos and other proofs of relationship. in the letter they asked for my status in UK 2008-2011 that means which visa i had on that period. is it a good sign? will they ask for an interview?? by the way can i send this by fax.?
Did they return your all documnets like marriage certificate,birth certificate or only pictures?
did you provide them uk police clearncy cerificate?
if return only pictures or relation supporting document then good sign and return all then bad sign.
you have to provide them your status in uk and pcc on that peruod