Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Sept 5, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
September 20, 2011
LANDED..........
October 23, 2011
Hey everyone! Just wanted to share some good news. My wife got her passport back with her visa inside it. The waiting has finally ended!!!! For those who are curious for how long it took them to send back my wife's passport, it took approximately 2 weeks.!!!

slysaint

Feb 17, 2010
sovo said:
Hey everyone! Just wanted to share some good news. My wife got her passport back with her visa inside it. The waiting has finally ended!!!! For those who are curious for how long it took them to send back my wife's passport, it took approximately 2 weeks.!!!
sovo a question pls, your application was it handled directly from singapore or was it routed from other countries i.e bangladesh.

2nd did you get a call from them to pick up your passport or did they send a letter?

sovo

Star Member
Jan 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2010
Doc's Request.
29-06-2011
Med's Request
29-06-2011
Med's Done....
12-11-2009, re done july 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Sept 5, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
September 20, 2011
LANDED..........
October 23, 2011
slysaint said:
sovo a question pls, your application was it handled directly from singapore or was it routed from other countries i.e bangladesh.

2nd did you get a call from them to pick up your passport or did they send a letter?
Just directly through Singapore.

When they sent a letter for passport, they requested that we hand it in to IOM (international organization for migration). Basically all contact between us and Singapore was done through IOM, with respect to sending and receiving the passport. IOM gave my wife a call when the passport was ready for pick-up.

j5huynh

Oct 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
12-01-2011
Passport Req..
21-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2011
LANDED..........
03-12-2011
sovo said:
That is great news sovo, congratulations!! your long wait is over i bet you are losing sleep waiting to be reunited lol.

silenthill_ca

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
j5huynh said:
hey guys,

i have just checked online and received a weird update on CIC online status. this is what it shows:

Sponsored Person Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Residence Application Status
(spouse name) Decision Made Application Received

(spouse name) In Process Application Received

prior to today, there was online one line under sponsored person. today i got an update with the second line but instead of permanent residence application status changing to in process it is sponsorship application. it is so wierd.

I have exact same thing on my status, and its been month with no change. Experts any idea about this status.

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
silenthill_ca said:
I have exact same thing on my status, and its been month with no change. Experts any idea about this status.
I have same thing almost more than one month. I think it is a bug. Today they are doing maintenance hope it will fix.

j5huynh

Oct 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
12-01-2011
Passport Req..
21-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2011
LANDED..........
03-12-2011
from what I understand, it means that they are working on our cases and there has been a update in their system. I also believe it is also a glitch but it does not mean good or bad news. it could go either way but at least they are working on our files.

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
I have been reading and following this thread for a few months now. I go on at least once a week. My wife is the sponsored person and she lives in HCM city Vietnam. I have been to Vietnam twice last year and my application has been sent to Singapore on May 3rd 2011. I understand that this is not much time after reading all the other member's post. Of course I have the same complaint as everyone else and I have signed the petition letter to the Minister of immigration. As a tax paying citizen I find that the wait and unresponsiveness of Singapore is completely unacceptable. Like everyone else I wonder what they are doing in that office. I will keep my criticisms to myself at this moment because it has only been 6 months since Singapore has received our application. Too early to get angry. The problem at this moment is personal because I support my wife and her family 100%. Singapore does not realize this and I am sure they don't care because they have their secure and cumpfy public servant job and live with their families.
My questions is;Can I have my wife come to Canada on a visitors or tourist visa while we wait for the PR visa? Is the PR visa in conflict with a tourist visa or Visitors Visa?

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
My time lines are as follows:
Received sponsorship approval: May 3 2011
Application received in Singapore: May 13 2011
Received CSQ approval on: July 12 2011

Singapore status on CAS: Received application on May 13 2011
No other updates from Singapore.

What I don't understand is why the Canadian Gov't suggests to you to contact Singapore for other inquiries if Singapore never answers you.
The Government should say "don't contact us we will contact you" If you expect timely service from Singapore don't! I understand that the canadian Gov't is not a corporation. Which means you pay and don't expect service. CAS is a joke and a waste of time. I only check once a month now.

I am sorry but I could not hold back my criticism any longer. I think i lasted about 20 minutes

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Canadianfirst said:
My time lines are as follows:
Received sponsorship approval: May 3 2011
Application received in Singapore: May 13 2011
Received CSQ approval on: July 12 2011

Singapore status on CAS: Received application on May 13 2011
No other updates from Singapore.

What I don't understand is why the Canadian Gov't suggests to you to contact Singapore for other inquiries if Singapore never answers you.
The Government should say "don't contact us we will contact you" If you expect timely service from Singapore don't! I understand that the canadian Gov't is not a corporation. Which means you pay and don't expect service. CAS is a joke and a waste of time. I only check once a month now.

I am sorry but I could not hold back my criticism any longer. I think i lasted about 20 minutes
Did you send any e-mail to Singapore VO or get any reply ? Singapore visa office does reply some time but always reply general answer. If you ask for file status they never reply. I wish ecas sgould shows more file status deeply.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Have you heard anyone got visa within six months in singapore visa office recently?

mirjahan

Jul 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
18-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2012
Amy612 said:
Have you heard anyone got visa within six months in singapore visa office recently?
I know one Singapore received file Jan 11,2011 and started process July 5,2011 and ask for passport after three weeks. Only that i know

slysaint

Feb 17, 2010
Thank you

ps congrats. (forgot to say that earlier, my apologies)

sovo said:
Just directly through Singapore.

When they sent a letter for passport, they requested that we hand it in to IOM (international organization for migration). Basically all contact between us and Singapore was done through IOM, with respect to sending and receiving the passport. IOM gave my wife a call when the passport was ready for pick-up.

slysaint

Feb 17, 2010
Canadianfirst said:
I have been reading and following this thread for a few months now. I go on at least once a week. My wife is the sponsored person and she lives in HCM city Vietnam. I have been to Vietnam twice last year and my application has been sent to Singapore on May 3rd 2011. I understand that this is not much time after reading all the other member's post. Of course I have the same complaint as everyone else and I have signed the petition letter to the Minister of immigration. As a tax paying citizen I find that the wait and unresponsiveness of Singapore is completely unacceptable. Like everyone else I wonder what they are doing in that office. I will keep my criticisms to myself at this moment because it has only been 6 months since Singapore has received our application. Too early to get angry. The problem at this moment is personal because I support my wife and her family 100%. Singapore does not realize this and I am sure they don't care because they have their secure and cumpfy public servant job and live with their families.
My questions is;Can I have my wife come to Canada on a visitors or tourist visa while we wait for the PR visa? Is the PR visa in conflict with a tourist visa or Visitors Visa?

if she qualifies for a visa, yes she can, my wife did that.

j5huynh

Oct 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
12-01-2011
Passport Req..
21-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2011
LANDED..........
03-12-2011
hey guys

I just checked the cic online status and my double line has dissapeared. it is back to the way it was prior to the update. back to waiting.