Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
Hi, i got refused for study permit, requested officer notes and this is what i got:

"I have reviewed the application. Given family ties or economic motive to remain in Canada, the applicant's incentives to remain in Canada, may outweigh their ties to their home country. Applicant's mother in US (father is deceased), sister in Canada. Noted 3 undeclared US refusals. Applicant declares having created an EE profile but doesnt declare his 2xCAN refusals. Applicant is 37yo, seeks SP to study for a certificate of supply chain management at Seneca college. Applicant holds an MBA in supply chain management and has been working in that field of nearly 10 years, as per his statement. Not satisfied course of study follows the natural or normal progression because PA intends to study in an equal or lesser field than what PA has already accomplished. Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons above, I have refused this application."

Based on these notes, i need advice on if i should re-apply? and if yes then what can improve my chances? Thanks alot in advance for help,

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
But in 2015 using this user Id you said you were a PR so what happened ? Did you not meet the residency obligation and have since renounced?

The refusal states you failed declare 3 US refusals and 2 Canadian so lucky you have not been banned for misrepresentation.

Also already having an MBA in supply chain and now applying for a certificate in supply chain makes no sense to come to Canada for that reason. Plus working in that field for 10 years already.

So apart from the no declares need to think of a course that enhances not repeats the same qualification.

Are you referring to someone else’s application ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, i got refused for study permit, requested officer notes and this is what i got:

"I have reviewed the application. Given family ties or economic motive to remain in Canada, the applicant's incentives to remain in Canada, may outweigh their ties to their home country. Applicant's mother in US (father is deceased), sister in Canada. Noted 3 undeclared US refusals. Applicant declares having created an EE profile but doesnt declare his 2xCAN refusals. Applicant is 37yo, seeks SP to study for a certificate of supply chain management at Seneca college. Applicant holds an MBA in supply chain management and has been working in that field of nearly 10 years, as per his statement. Not satisfied course of study follows the natural or normal progression because PA intends to study in an equal or lesser field than what PA has already accomplished. Weighing the factors in this application, I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons above, I have refused this application."

Based on these notes, i need advice on if i should re-apply? and if yes then what can improve my chances? Thanks alot in advance for help,
You can certainly reapply - but you will need to change your program of study. As said in the notes, it doesn't make sense for you to be coming all the way to Canada to take a lower level of study. You should change your plans to either pursue a Masters in Canada or a PhD.

Also, make sure you declare ALL of your refusals in any future application. Failing to declare refusals can result in a 5 year ban from Canada.

maaayankkk

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hello there

After reading the refusal notes, I think you should apply for study permit once again

Just make sure you follow the below points

1. Make sure you mention all the visa refusal including the current study permit refusal you ever had in Canada and the USA, don’t know why you wouldn’t in the first place. Remember to include the refusal letter you received for each application.
  2. You have done an MBA, make sure to choose a different diploma/ degree program which is at the same time related to the MBA but still different so that it helps you somehow in the future. OR. Choose a totally different course than this one. For e.g. Paralegal Education, Culinary Management, Business Administration etc. … Remember you have been refused because the program you chose was similar to what you have already done in your country so it wouldn’t make sense to do it again in Canada. Right?
  3. Make sure to follow the document checklist thoroughly, don’t miss any documents, including documents that are not there in the document checklist but you feel would be important for your application.
Follow these steps, you will get your study permit.

Cheers

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012

when u get refusal?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

I mean you are (imo) borderline banned for representation so I would say your chances are extremely low. Although, you have the privilege of applying again since you officially were not

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
But in 2015 using this user Id you said you were a PR so what happened ? Did you not meet the residency obligation and have since renounced?

The refusal states you failed declare 3 US refusals and 2 Canadian so lucky you have not been banned for misrepresentation.

Also already having an MBA in supply chain and now applying for a certificate in supply chain makes no sense to come to Canada for that reason. Plus working in that field for 10 years already.

So apart from the no declares need to think of a course that enhances not repeats the same qualification.

Are you referring to someone else’s application ?
Hi, yes this is for my brother's application. thanks for your response, but there was no question related to declare any US refusals, then why do we need to declare that in canadian application?

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
when u get refusal?
got refusal letter end of feb, and then applied for immigration officer notes, which we got couple of days ago.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, yes this is for my brother's application. thanks for your response, but there was no question related to declare any US refusals, then why do we need to declare that in canadian application?
Yes, there is. The question asks about refusals to Canada AND any other country.

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
There is a field for declaration in the main application form you are lucky you did not get banned