Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 14, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 19, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with an App
Thanks Dbss and Mysteaka. I really appreciate your response. Thanks again.

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
Does anyone know whether there is any IELTS minimum requirement for applicant who has a valid AEO. Please reply seniors.
Respect. ;D

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
FSWCIO said:
Does anyone know whether there is any IELTS minimum requirement for applicant who has a valid AEO. Please reply seniors.
Respect. ;D
if you have been applied then IELTS minimum requirement dos not apply to you if you apply after then 6 in each module is mandatory .......

mysteaka

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-SEP-2012 / PER on 05-NOV-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
FSWCIO said:
Respect. ;D
Nice to see you FSWCIO :)

(1) If you didn't apply under FSW yet,
(1) -1.
According to CIC webpages, FSW applicant need to have IELTS (general module) bands at least;
* Speaking - 6.0
* Listening - 6.0
* Reading - 6.0
* Writing - 6.0

(1) -2.
If your "AEO" doesn't mean "a valid offer of Arranged Employment" but "an Arranged Employment Opinion", you aren't able to apply under FSW2. You need to have a valid LMO. I'm so sorry if I have misunderstanding(s).

(1) -3.
I believe CIC official guides must help you.
* Determine your eligibility – Federal skilled workers - Section B
* Language testing – Federal skilled workers

(2) If you applied under FSW before May 3rd, 2013
As awai ali said, there're no minimum requirement. Even if someone's band is 0, it's ok.

Good luck!

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
mysteaka said:
Nice to see you FSWCIO :)

(1) If you didn't apply under FSW yet,
(1) -1.
According to CIC webpages, FSW applicant need to have IELTS (general module) bands at least;
* Speaking - 6.0
* Listening - 6.0
* Reading - 6.0
* Writing - 6.0

(1) -2.
If your "AEO" doesn't mean "a valid offer of Arranged Employment" but "an Arranged Employment Opinion", you aren't able to apply under FSW2. You need to have a valid LMO. I'm so sorry if I have misunderstanding(s).

(1) -3.
I believe CIC official guides must help you.
* Determine your eligibility – Federal skilled workers - Section B
* Language testing – Federal skilled workers

(2) If you applied under FSW before May 3rd, 2013
As awai ali said, there're no minimum requirement. Even if someone's band is 0, it's ok.

Good luck!
Thank you all..
Nice to see you too mysteaka.
No, I haven't applied yet but thinking to apply.So asking you about my enquiries.... ;D
How long a LMO/AEO takes to come?
With LMO if I apply will it be a work permit visa? OR a PR such as FSW ? ???
DO I have to be bound working with the same employer for a contracted time?
with LMO/AEO also need has point system and IELTS threshold?- One agency told me theres no IELTS minimum requirment for those applying with AEO/LMO.
I want to be clear, so want your valuable opinion. Thank you very much.

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
How long a LMO/AEO takes to come? (four to six month)
With LMO if I apply will it be a work permit visa? OR a PR such as FSW ? ??? (PR)
DO I have to be bound working with the same employer for a contracted time? (no even not for one day after landing)
with LMO/AEO also need has point system and IELTS threshold?- One agency told me theres no IELTS minimum requirment for those applying with AEO/LMO. (Agency misguiding you)
[/quote]

mysteaka

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
Thanks for the message, and thanks awai ali for helpful posting :)
* I'd like to modify this message and add some details and links... this evening... modified.

FSWCIO said:
Thank you all..
Nice to see you too mysteaka.
No, I haven't applied yet but thinking to apply.So asking you about my enquiries.... ;D
How long a LMO/AEO takes to come?
With LMO if I apply will it be a work permit visa? OR a PR such as FSW ? ???
DO I have to be bound working with the same employer for a contracted time?
with LMO/AEO also need has point system and IELTS threshold?- One agency told me theres no IELTS minimum requirment for those applying with AEO/LMO.
Please read http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp first, so you can get an answer whether you need LMO or not... I guess so.

Below is my opinion and something;

You need a positive LMO, if you;
* intend to apply under current FSW2 (arranged employment category), and/or
* want to get some points on "arranged employment in Canada" factor.

Because AEO(Arranged Employment Opinion) is no longer available, almost all FSW applications without LMO are't accepted since 4th May, 2013.
See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-03-08.asp for more details.
I suppose you can see that "you need to file a photocopy of your LMO with your FSW application" in the FSW checklist (IMM5612E).

Exceptionally, if you meet (1) and (2), you might be fine without LMO.
((1-1) If you're already working in Canada with a valid work permit issued under a federal-provincial agreement or an international agreement (other than an agreement regarding seasonal agricultural workers), such as Working Holiday Visa, OR
(1-2) If your WP shows your employer name and occupation name (the occupation must be a skilled job)
) AND
(2) You have a permanent full-time (not seasonal) job offer from ONE employer, and you work for that employer. Also, if you meet (1-2), this employer must be the same as listed on your work permit.

Below is about LMO. Not about PR;
---
LMO processing time depends on each province/territory. As I know, in BC, LMO takes at least 3 months (A week ago, I heard so from a immigration consultant who is supporting WP applicants).
On the other hand, I heard some employers in Ontario took 6+ months for LMO (no evidence, I'm afraid).

You don't need IELTS test result for LMO/WP. However, in order to get a positive LMO, you must work at least 30 hours per week, and your salary must be higher than average rate.
If you want to get LMO, you need to ask your employer to apply the LMO.
* Application form can be shown here.
* Service Canada Labour Market Opinion Processing Centres for Federal Skilled Worker Program can be viewed here.
* Temporary Foreign Worker Program Manual might help your employer to get a positive LMO though it's a manual for WP.
---

Anyway, you need to get 6.0+ IELTS bands because you need to submit an original IELTS test result when you apply under FSW.

Good luck :)

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
You don't need IELTS test result for LMO/WP. However, you must work at least 30 hours per week, and your salary must be higher than average rate. (If go to provincial nomination then IELTS is not required if you use option FSW but with LMO then he must have to submit IELTS with mandatory band 6 in each module )...all the job condition like working hour and salary will be on his offer letter but after landing he is not bound to work with the same employer .......so on ......

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
mysteaka said:
Thanks for the message, and thanks awai ali for helpful posting :)
* I'd like to modify this message and add some details and links... this evening... modified.

Please read http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp first, so you can get an answer whether you need LMO or not... I guess so.

Below is my opinion and something;

You need a positive LMO, if you;
* intend to apply under current FSW2 (arranged employment category), and/or
* want to get some points on "arranged employment in Canada" factor.

Because AEO(Arranged Employment Opinion) is no longer available, almost all FSW applications without LMO are't accepted since 4th May, 2013.
See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-03-08.asp for more details.
I suppose you can see that "you need to file a photocopy of your LMO with your FSW application" in the FSW checklist (IMM5612E).

Exceptionally, if you meet (1) and (2), you might be fine without LMO.
((1-1) If you're already working in Canada with a valid work permit issued under a federal-provincial agreement or an international agreement (other than an agreement regarding seasonal agricultural workers), such as Working Holiday Visa, OR
(1-2) If your WP shows your employer name and occupation name (the occupation must be a skilled job)
) AND
(2) You have a permanent full-time (not seasonal) job offer from ONE employer, and you work for that employer. Also, if you meet (1-2), this employer must be the same as listed on your work permit.

Below is about LMO. Not about PR;
---
LMO processing time depends on each province/territory. As I know, in BC, LMO takes at least 3 months (A week ago, I heard so from a immigration consultant who is supporting WP applicants).
On the other hand, I heard some employers in Ontario took 6+ months for LMO (no evidence, I'm afraid).

You don't need IELTS test result for LMO/WP. However, in order to get a positive LMO, you must work at least 30 hours per week, and your salary must be higher than average rate.
If you want to get LMO, you need to ask your employer to apply the LMO.
* Application form can be shown here.
* Service Canada Labour Market Opinion Processing Centres for Federal Skilled Worker Program can be viewed here.
* Temporary Foreign Worker Program Manual might help your employer to get a positive LMO though it's a manual for WP.
---

Anyway, you need to get 6.0+ IELTS bands because you need to submit an original IELTS test result when you apply under FSW.

Good luck :)
Thanks for your informative reply. As much my knowledge goes after reading your links and infos, I need a LMO not AEO. I hope my agency knows that I need a LMO as he always talking about AEO & AEO. He (My Agency ) told me the whole AEO(!!) process will take 9-12 mounth in total as my employer need to give ad first. :-\ :-X
Would you mind calculating my points if I PM you all my details? Thanks once again and Good Luck with your application.Hope we will keep in touch. +1 :)

FSWCIO

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2012
awai ali said:
How long a LMO/AEO takes to come? (four to six month)
With LMO if I apply will it be a work permit visa? OR a PR such as FSW ? ??? (PR)
DO I have to be bound working with the same employer for a contracted time? (no even not for one day after landing)
with LMO/AEO also need has point system and IELTS threshold?- One agency told me theres no IELTS minimum requirment for those applying with AEO/LMO. (Agency misguiding you)
Thanks.. :)+1

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
FSWCIO said:
Thanks for your informative reply. As much my knowledge goes after reading your links and infos, I need a LMO not AEO. I hope my agency knows that I need a LMO as he always talking about AEO & AEO. He (My Agency ) told me the whole AEO(!!) process will take 9-12 mounth in total as my employer need to give ad first. :-\ :-X
Would you mind calculating my points if I PM you all my details? Thanks once again and Good Luck with your application.Hope we will keep in touch. +1 :)

Your Duffer attorney does not know that now AEO has been replaced with LMO...........

mysteaka

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
FSWCIO said:
Thanks for reply and +1 :)
You don't need to give me your details, here is a free self-assessment script :
http://www.qlseeker.ca/immig4e.htm
(Although it's provided by a consulting company, of course you don't need to ask them to help :p)

gaurav1182

Mar 19, 2012
Hello Guys,
In lots of confusion. My application reached CIO on 29th April, 2013 and payment has been taken on 7th May, 2013 but still hasn't received email for eligibility review. My Ecas status shows "In process" - We received your application for PR on April 29, 2013. I went down and checked actual explanation given by CIC on status which says "In Process means - Based on review of your complete application package, it has been determined that your application is eligible for processing & Processing has begun". For me, it indicates that eligibility review is completed and application has been sent to respective VO for processing but hasn't got email regarding PER so bit worried about it. Anyone faced similar kind of situation? Plz post your views. Thanks, Gaurav

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
gaurav1182 said:
Hello Guys,
In lots of confusion. My application reached CIO on 29th April, 2013 and payment has been taken on 7th May, 2013 but still hasn't received email for eligibility review. My Ecas status shows "In process" - We received your application for PR on April 29, 2013. I went down and checked actual explanation given by CIC on status which says "In Process means - Based on review of your complete application package, it has been determined that your application is eligible for processing & Processing has begun". For me, it indicates that eligibility review is completed and application has been sent to respective VO for processing but hasn't got email regarding PER so bit worried about it. Anyone faced similar kind of situation? Plz post your views. Thanks, Gaurav
I cannot understand if you do not receive any email then how do you check your status on Ecas ....what the number you putted in Ecas to check status that is actually PER number......and their first email.....