+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2011 - Here we go!

Scott Ashmore

Apr 4, 2012
Hey Everyone,

I've posted something on here awhile ago, I wanted to get a little update on people who applied from the US (outland) My fiance got accepted as a sponsor on December 5th, our application moved on Janaury 19th from Buffalo to Seattle and we started our in process on February 16th. It said to give it 90 days after the 19th of january to ask any questions to the people in Seattle we have written four times and there were two generic messages stating us to confirm date of birth...since a few weeks ago there has been nothing else. From what I see on the forum most people who applied around thew same time have had their passport request. Im just feeling worried and upset because we haven't heard anything...any suggestions on what to do or just keep on playing the waiting games checking our email every half hour haha...

Anyhoo we're jsut stressed and want to know something....

thanks!

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
Hi Scott Ashmore, you can try ordering GCMS to see what are outstanding in your file and if there is any concern as noted by the immigration officer.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/ (official site)
immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes (some details)

There are a few September people applied through Buffalo still waiting. You can also check out the Buffalo thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-buffalo-applicants-t41886.0.html

Scott Ashmore said:
Hey Everyone,

I've posted something on here awhile ago, I wanted to get a little update on people who applied from the US (outland) My fiance got accepted as a sponsor on December 5th, our application moved on Janaury 19th from Buffalo to Seattle and we started our in process on February 16th. It said to give it 90 days after the 19th of january to ask any questions to the people in Seattle we have written four times and there were two generic messages stating us to confirm date of birth...since a few weeks ago there has been nothing else. From what I see on the forum most people who applied around thew same time have had their passport request. Im just feeling worried and upset because we haven't heard anything...any suggestions on what to do or just keep on playing the waiting games checking our email every half hour haha...

Anyhoo we're jsut stressed and want to know something....

thanks!

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
PPR :) today. From Detroit VO.. it doesnt seem real.... wow.

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Lasiar said:
waooo congratulations..

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Lasiar said:
SUPER CONGRATS TO YOU LASIAR!!! I am extremely happy for you!! Looks like I'm left by my lonesome lol ;)
Again, very excited for you and all the best to you :)

Sino

Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
Doc's Request.
15-02-2012
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Passport Req..
29-Aug-2012
Hey Everyone!!

I received a call yesterday from the visa office in Abu Dhabi asking me if I wanted to redo my husband's medical or leave it as it is (it ends on June 25 2012), so I asked them is it expected to get the visa before the 25th so the officer said yes (which I consider fast according to the timeline of Abu Dhabi), so I asked her if I should give a call again because I need to discuss the matter with my husband, so she said an email will be sent to the applicant (my husband).

I still did not get an email yesterday, not expected until Sunday as it is the weekend here (Fri & Sat)

Hope an email will come very soon to know what my husband and I should do....

Sino

Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
Doc's Request.
15-02-2012
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Passport Req..
29-Aug-2012
One more thing I wanted to add, when I asked the officer if we redo the medical how long will it take to reach the visa office, so she said 2 months

oreidapennsyltucky

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 13, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 23, 2011
Med's Done....
June 14, 2011
Passport Req..
May 1, 2012
Sino said:
I received a call yesterday from the visa office in Abu Dhabi asking me if I wanted to redo my husband's medical or leave it as it is (it ends on June 25 2012), so I asked them is it expected to get the visa before the 25th so the officer said yes (which I consider fast according to the timeline of Abu Dhabi), so I asked her if I should give a call again because I need to discuss the matter with my husband, so she said an email will be sent to the applicant (my husband).
The following is a quote from Operational Bulletin 423 from CIC: "Effective June 1st, 2012, officers can request that an applicant’s medical file be reassessed by a Medical Officer (MOF) or a Health Branch (HB) delegated staff for the issuance of a new medical certificate. The process applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires. This process is limited to applicants who had a routine immigration medical examination (IME) done by a panel physician within the last 15 months in or outside Canada. The new medical certificate issued will be valid for 12 months."

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
muffy1 said:
SUPER CONGRATS TO YOU LASIAR!!! I am extremely happy for you!! Looks like I'm left by my lonesome lol ;)
Again, very excited for you and all the best to you :)
Ty Muffy, any word yet for you? am still waiting for the info to be returned to my hubby as he has to land june 13/12. havent heard anything yet. needless to say am anxious.. Been thinking of you. hope you get word soon.
Lasiar :D

Sino

Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2011
Doc's Request.
15-02-2012
File Transfer...
02-12-2011
Passport Req..
29-Aug-2012
oreidapennsyltucky said:
The following is a quote from Operational Bulletin 423 from CIC: "Effective June 1st, 2012, officers can request that an applicant's medical file be reassessed by a Medical Officer (MOF) or a Health Branch (HB) delegated staff for the issuance of a new medical certificate. The process applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires. This process is limited to applicants who had a routine immigration medical examination (IME) done by a panel physician within the last 15 months in or outside Canada. The new medical certificate issued will be valid for 12 months."
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but I wanted to ask isn't it the same procedure done previously? If no, what changes have been made?

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Hi Lasiar,
Thanks for your kind words! I've been thinking about you, as well, and hoping everything goes well with the landing! And I'm sure it will!

I FINALLY received an email response last week after not hearing anything since December stating that they did acknowledge payment of ROPR fee and receipt. But, no word of acknowledgement of my PCC. Now, with the latest going on with the Buffalo VO closure, I'm not feeling very hopeful that we will hear anything any time soon. So, just trying to stay positive and hoping for the best!

Thank you for asking and I will keep you posted! Please let me (and us) know how landing goes! All the best to you :)

Lasiar said:
Ty Muffy, any word yet for you? am still waiting for the info to be returned to my hubby as he has to land june 13/12. havent heard anything yet. needless to say am anxious.. Been thinking of you. hope you get word soon.
Lasiar :D

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
muffy1 said:
Hi Lasiar,
Thanks for your kind words! I've been thinking about you, as well, and hoping everything goes well with the landing! And I'm sure it will!

I FINALLY received an email response last week after not hearing anything since December stating that they did acknowledge payment of ROPR fee and receipt. But, no word of acknowledgement of my PCC. Now, with the latest going on with the Buffalo VO closure, I'm not feeling very hopeful that we will hear anything any time soon. So, just trying to stay positive and hoping for the best!

Thank you for asking and I will keep you posted! Please let me (and us) know how landing goes! All the best to you :)
I surely will Muffy, its rather hectic getting things in place but its a good feeling too.. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope your time comes soon.... Hang in there :)

GOGOGO

Jan 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo->New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
I'm keeping my finger crossed for you too! Have you got GCMS after you've submitted your PCC? I submitted my GCMS request after I resent my medical receipt to them and I saw it referenced in the GCMS notes.

muffy1 said:
Hi Lasiar,

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
Hello to everyone here!! Im s happy to see that many of you already got your PPR'S and have actually landed in Canada. My dad is sponsoring me "dependant child". We actually sent our application to Missisauga on Sept 16! for 8 months nothing! Finally after my dad sent a lleter in April they responded to us by mail telling us that "we are sorry for the inconvinience but we are unable to lacte your application at this time" they lost it!!!!!

Needless to say we were crushed as Ive been back in Costa Rica for about a year and a half now because my university expenses were too high as an international student. And my dad misses me, and i miss him and my little baby brother.

Anyways, my dad sent everything again to a different address they gave us, along with Canada Post receipt of sept. *according to canada post they received it on May 25)

By June 1 they sent us i think is the AOR, it was email stating that CIC had received our application sept 16 2011 and nothing else.

Then a week later info shows on ecas as Application received Medical received

Im wondering does this mean Gutaemala VO has received our application? My medicals expire on August 15 , ive been reading that many people get approved or called before exams expire so that they can land in canada faster instead of redoing them or getting an extension,

Anyone has some light on this,

thanks sorry for so much writing im just hoping july comes to an end soon and then maybe i can go back to university by sept!!

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
I'm sorry for the late response! I did not notice your posting! I have not ordered GCMS notes, yet. I think I will go ahead and do that tonight. I believe I am able to proceed with that via email, correct? Would it take about 4 weeks or so to receive?

GOGOGO said:
I'm keeping my finger crossed for you too! Have you got GCMS after you've submitted your PCC? I submitted my GCMS request after I resent my medical receipt to them and I saw it referenced in the GCMS notes.