+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SENIORS VS CONSULTANTS

sikanderkhan

Star Member
Nov 29, 2009
Today I met two different consultants, one of them is a renowned consultant in Karachi, and after meeting them it pushed me to create this thread and confirm the things from the seniors because they are the people who have gone through the immigration procedure or are in the final stages. According to them I am not eligible for the immigration process.
To be honest I doubt them, not because they told me that I am not eligible but because I think they are referring things not in the CIC website.

Following are the reasons they told me and I would like you all to reply to each reason separately according to your understanding.

1)Since you are 23 years old, you are too young for the immigration process and you should try student visa but forget about immigration as VO will create unnecessary doubts in your application.

2)You have done B.com(2 years) and after B.com you have 2 years full time work experience as an Accountant but to file immigration case in the NOC-1111 you need to have CA,CGA etc to be eligible for the immigration.

3)You are accountant but not the head of your dept, a person should be head of the dept.

4)Oh you have come so early. You need to have CA,CGA,ACCA etc and experience must be after qualifying these professional qualifications but not B.com. And second thing is that since you have qualified B.Com but pursuing ACCA ( I am ACCA finalist) so the experience will start counting after you qualify ACCA.

5)It is required by CIC that you need to have 4 years experience as an Accountant.

I tried but I couldn’t find any link to find this info. Therefore, I would like seniors to comment on it.

Thanks

spprivate

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/05/2010
Doc's Request.
05/06/2010
AOR Received.
12/09/2010
Normally consultants jump on you to get the most money out of you.But it is rare to see consultants giving honest opinion.What the comments I see here is out of Commonsense.Just @ 23 years it is tough to prove the VO that you have enough experience in one of the 38 jobs.So either wait or apply for student visa and save time and money

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1)Since you are 23 years old, you are too young for the immigration process and you should try student visa but forget about immigration as VO will create unnecessary doubts in your application.

Student Visa & Immigration are two different things. I doubt if he is a consultant! ;D

Mpadhya

Star Member
Dec 18, 2009
Dear Khan,

There are two things......

1. You should fall under 38 categories

2. You should get 67 Points

Do you think you should have both ???

If yes, then think.... Secondly, the way of explaination of the consultant whom you met might be different in relation to your age

sikanderkhan

Star Member
Nov 29, 2009
Mpadhya said:
Dear Khan,

There are two things......

1. You should fall under 38 categories

2. You should get 67 Points

Do you think you should have both ???

If yes, then think.... Secondly, the way of explaination of the consultant whom you met might be different in relation to your age
yes i have more than 67 points. here is the break up.
20 for B.com
10 for age
16 for ielts
5 for relative
17 for work experience

sikanderkhan

Star Member
Nov 29, 2009
mbastudies said:

Student Visa & Immigration are two different things. I doubt if he is a consultant! ;D
yeah and now i doubt it as well :D
what do you think does the age factor matter? is it really gonna create a hurdle?

sikanderkhan

Star Member
Nov 29, 2009
spprivate said:
Normally consultants jump on you to get the most money out of you.But it is rare to see consultants giving honest opinion.What the comments I see here is out of Commonsense.Just @ 23 years it is tough to prove the VO that you have enough experience in one of the 38 jobs.So either wait or apply for student visa and save time and money
Very true because i asked one of them to tell me the reasons why i am not qualifying for the immigration then he said its a free consultancy and to know the reason you have to pay :eek:
what a crap consultant he was.

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
sikander

Ask the consultant if the age does matter, then y have canadian immigration allotted max points for age 21-49? it clearly shows that they want younger generation. and as far as work exp is concerned, their req is atleast one year continuos exp, which is a not at all a big deal at the age of 23.

now u go to them and ask them to pay u, for this valuable info ;) as u dont do free consultancy 8)

Mpadhya

Star Member
Dec 18, 2009
Dear Khan,

Please refer to the link below... might help you to decide on your own....

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=1111

immigration1

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
San Diego
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo USA
NOC Code......
0811 - Primary Production Managers (Except Agriculture)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2nd AOR "In-process"
IELTS Request
Sent CIO - CHC VO
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
some consultants are guide you well, but for that you must have to know them or someone from them, for example look at me , my family cousine is consultant and I ask him everything and not paying full fees and I refer this forum too, so if you know or paid them If you know + trust him/her, I never ask any website based consultant or any other advertisement one consultants, I take advise only from my family cousine because he is lawyer and have consultancy firm, he is also memeber of immigration board means his firm approved by canadian immigration systems and CIO also have code list in the systems. he have only one office and no more other branch offices or any other consultants. just he and his juniors which is going to be lawyer soon they are helping him. I handover my case because I trust him.

Immigration1(Prashant)

sikanderkhan

Star Member
Nov 29, 2009
angeleye said:
sikander

Ask the consultant if the age does matter, then y have canadian immigration allotted max points for age 21-49? it clearly shows that they want younger generation. and as far as work exp is concerned, their req is atleast one year continuos exp, which is a not at all a big deal at the age of 23.

now u go to them and ask them to pay u, for this valuable info ;) as u dont do free consultancy 8)
Thats exactly i was thinking. I thought the same way and it sound logical to me because they need people to help their economy in the longer time span.

And yeah i think i am gonna charge him so he can know the basic things :p

Thanks

sikanderkhan

Star Member
Nov 29, 2009
Mpadhya said:
Dear Khan,

Please refer to the link below... might help you to decide on your own....

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=1111
yeah i have seen this and i referred this to him as well and he said its clearly mentioned in the employment details that a person should be CA, CGA etc :-[

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
but i think if you get 67 points with Bcom, its sufficient. there isnt any strict req of CA and all that.

misty02

Apr 13, 2010
If your heart tells you to go ahead then follow it, lot of things has happened and more will still happen, a friend from UAE got his citizenship approved and he was not even in Canada as at then.
but common sense matters here "consider the age thing also"

Mpadhya

Star Member
Dec 18, 2009
dear khan

i wish the difference between a book-keeper and an accountant is understood.....

please ask this to your heart... whether you are doing substential part of the duties that are mentioned onto the NOC website ??? Do you think a two years of education enables you to do these duties competently ???

I mean you need to be absolutely clear as what is the requirement of the CIC... as you said, age might not matter and agreed that you are meeting the points as well (have you already scored high profeciency in Eglish - 4 in each or expecting ???)

You know what it sounds illogical to an officer that 2 years of education and 2 years of experience would make you a competent accountant to get a good job in canada

Think... Act.

Best Wishes