+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second application through gckey or ircc? Please connect here!!

jewelbuet

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Hello Experts,Seeking your suggestions:I wish to apply supervisa for my mom and wanted to ask if it is okay to apply through Gckey or it has to be through IRCC portal?Is there anyone applied via Gckey recently?
TIA

Deen031201

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
The first application with spouse and 8 years old kid was applied in December 2019 and was refused in January 2020.
Then, the Second application reapplied together on 11 March 2022 and still processing.

Both are from GC Key.

I applied from Kuwait and the estimated processing time showing only 66 days.

The below message showing in the application form from the 28th of march onwards, but no update after that.

Review of eligibility  We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements

mohan99

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
I wanted to seek some advise here on GCKey vs IRCC portal

I had d applied on GC Key for a reunion with my brother in Canada. I have seen many people get processed in less than 15 days while I m still waiting for my July22 application to be processed/ opened.

Should I have applied in IRCC portal?
Should I switch from GC Key to IRCC portal?
What will be the procedure for me to withdraw gc Key application and use IRCC portal instead. Thank you.

Reactions: ssparkles and quami

Nitika17

Mar 5, 2019
I wanted to seek some advise here on GCKey vs IRCC portal

I had d applied on GC Key for a reunion with my brother in Canada. I have seen many people get processed in less than 15 days while I m still waiting for my July22 application to be processed/ opened.

Should I have applied in IRCC portal?
Should I switch from GC Key to IRCC portal?
What will be the procedure for me to withdraw gc Key application and use IRCC portal instead. Thank you.
I applied for my husbands visitor on the same day as well and still waiting

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
I am seeing a trend in this post that gives an idea that GCKey is the faster option compared to new IRCC portal. I applied for my mother visit visa on 03 Apr 2022 via GCKey and 6 months have lapsed since the application. There is no update at all. I just wanted to let everyone know that grass is not really greener on the other side and GCKey seems to be just as bad. I have requested GCMS notes and contacted MP but no progress at all. I wonder what else to do!!

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
I am seeing a trend in this post that gives an idea that GCKey is the faster option compared to new IRCC portal. I applied for my mother visit visa on 03 Apr 2022 via GCKey and 6 months have lapsed since the application. There is no update at all. I just wanted to let everyone know that grass is not really greener on the other side and GCKey seems to be just as bad. I have requested GCMS notes and contacted MP but no progress at all. I wonder what else to do!!
03 Apr 2022 applied using GCKey for my moms visit visa. She resides in Pakistan.
15 Apr 2022 biometrics
26 Sep 2022 PPR
No ghost update or any email between biometrics and ppr. 6 months of patience paid off. Good luck to everyone else in this thread.

Reactions: Zain2011

Anunay

Star Member
Jun 2, 2022
03 Apr 2022 applied using GCKey for my moms visit visa. She resides in Pakistan.
15 Apr 2022 biometrics
26 Sep 2022 PPR
No ghost update or any email between biometrics and ppr. 6 months of patience paid off. Good luck to everyone else in this thread.
Congratulations. Saw your posts and can understand the stress you have been through. Hope we too get to hear our decision.

Reactions: ibtee

happypumpkin

Nov 4, 2021
it is my first time applying for a study permit. I wonder if I need to apply for a study permit using the new portal or the GCKey?
Will the online portal expedite the processing time? What is your experience with the new portal?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
it is my first time applying for a study permit. I wonder if I need to apply for a study permit using the new portal or the GCKey?
Will the online portal expedite the processing time? What is your experience with the new portal?
This is for TRVs so posting in wrong section.

Anunay

Star Member
Jun 2, 2022
You may raise the question in the study visa threads. This is a visitor visa thread. However, my wife raised her study visa in Nov 2021 in the new portal and got it approved in March 2022. Hence I would suggest for new portal. Best of luck.

happypumpkin

Nov 4, 2021
You may raise the question in the study visa threads. This is a visitor visa thread. However, my wife raised her study visa in Nov 2021 in the new portal and got it approved in March 2022. Hence I would suggest for new portal. Best of luck.
what is the link for that?