+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

kfq

Oct 26, 2012
Pre-test RQ may 2012, test 16 oct 2012, CIC officer called 19 July 2013 to inquire about RQ documents.......................meaning RQ documents being reviewed now..............looks finally time is coming close......for the oath

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very interesting, what's the RQ about?

smartuser said:
Hello Everyone,

i have also received RQ before citizenship test.

I have just applied in end of march 2013 and received RQ last week(July).

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your best bet will be a written document from your friend stating your stay. Do you have bank statements or CC statements with that address?

goodman36 said:
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of gathering documents to prepare to apply for Citizenship.

Most likely I will be given a RQ because I have traveled to see my parents 6 times in the last 4 years.

However, even though I have traveled 6 times in the last 4 years, I have prove that I have lived 1095 days in the last 4 years. I came as a PR 6 years ago (in 2008). I understand that in the RQ, I will have to provide address verification (places I have stayed) for all of these 6 years period. I can provide confirmation of address verification for the last 4 year only (I have lived in one place by myself in the last 4 years). In the previous 2 years prior to the last 4 year (2008 & 2009), I had lived mostly with my friend, who was renting an apartment. I only had verbal agreement with him in those 2 years. I do not have any proof (cancelled checks, utility payment etc) for this period.

So, I am stressed out what I will do if they ask for verification of address for 2008 & 2009.

Jul 25, 2013
Hi,

Have a question. We are a family of four, applying for citizenship on 29th July. My husband and son are leaving for India the very next day for about 3 weeks. This is the third time since 2010 my husband and son will be going to India. Main reason of these visits is my father-in-laws health issue. Can anyone tell me how these travels will be effecting our application? Heard a lot about RQ but know nothing but the full form. Why do people receive RQs? What to do once RQs are received? Detailed answer will be appreciated.

Thanks

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ho Kfq, do you mean test 16 oct 2012 or 2013 ? , and kindly advice what kind of inquiry did the cic officer ask you ?

Thanks

kfq

Oct 26, 2012
Test already done 16 oct.2012....................waiting for oath or else. The officer asked that RQ form not with documents. Told them that the document box was already opened at the time of test. But we are sure we had submitted. Then she looked again in the box she foud the CIC RQ form sent to us in the bundle where as we had placed it on top.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in process of my citizenship,
Time line
Applied on September 10th 2012
Processing my file, From February 1st 2013
Received an RQ forms from CIC-M on April 14th 2013
No news as such, as per my experience my file is not a routine file so it will take less then 35 months for whole process

My question for you guys, my PR Card is expiring on November-2013, could I apply early to renew my PR Card, does it take affect my citizenship application, do I get another RQ for my PR Status.. this is a lengthy process, paying tax still have to prove that you lived in the country consecutively.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
@: am4u2ster YES, you should apply up to four months in advance as it might take over three months to get it. I applied last April and still waiting for my card as my old one will expire in August!

kfq

Oct 26, 2012
Hi,
Called CIC today. Thecall centre agent informed that you have passed the test and 4 days ago the officer who reviewed the file has written on the file the CJ will decide.

Now waiting for the call from CJ..........................very near yet so far

kfq

Oct 26, 2012
EXTRACTS FROM CP-2............DECISION MAKING

Key duties of citizenship officer
A. The officer evaluates the documentation and information gathered and recorded by him or
herself and by others (CPC Sydney, Immigration, etc.).
B. The officer must ensure the evidence is satisfactory to him or herself before submitting the
file to a judge. In other words, the evidence necessary to grant citizenship must be available
to the officer.
C. An officer submits the file to the judge only when there is enough evidence on file to allow the
judge to make a decision. The officer may request more information or evidence from the
client when it is not clear that the subject has complied with regulatory requirements.
D. The officer ensures all evidence is available to the judge. The file must contain any relevant
information gathered by CIC in its investigations such as records of conversations with port of
entry officials regarding a client's immigration status or residence in Canada. CP 2 - Decision-Making
2007-03-21 7
E. The officer must make a decision about the grant of citizenship based on the judge's
determination. The citizenship officer refers the file to Case Management Branch (Litigation
Management) if the officer believes the Minister may wish to exercise his right of appeal.
1.8. Period of time
A citizenship judge has 60 days to make a decision.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandu007 said:
Your best bet will be a written document from your friend stating your stay. Do you have bank statements or CC statements with that address?
Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I think I have bank statements with the address of my friend.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
kfq,

1) Would you mind sharing your timeline from when you sent application, the diff milestones/timelines, to oath notification.

2) Also, from where you applied ?

3) And general sense if you hold a Canadian job, or are a home maker (M/F), or have an overseas job but do it out of Canada ?

Your brief snapshot would be very useful to us to get an overall picture...

Thanks a lot and appreciate very much your input,

Good Luck !