+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ Applicants from 2011

Moonkey

Oct 7, 2014
jimmy1829 said:
If I were you, I would reconsider that move of hiring a lawyer.
I have very similar timeline as yours. I applied in July 2011, and wrote the test in July 2012, was given the RQ the same day of test.
My application was approved on August 22,2014, and the file was transferred to STC awaiting for the ceremony.
Just hold onto that for now, I think your application will be reviewed soon. Have you ordered an ATIP report and found out which stage your case is at?
I feel like I need a lawyer because I have a pretty special/weird case but...

I just googled what ATIP is and oh my goodness why didn't anybody tell me about this before?
I called the call centre several times but they never gave me any info on this.
Anyways, I shall apply for it now.
Is there a forum about ATIP here?
How soon can I get an access to the info I need?

janoo

May 16, 2014
Once you applied you will get within 30 days... so apply now and get the

atip report... you may find some information on this report based on the report

you may decide your future course of action.

netb2b

Apr 5, 2012
Test Date: 2 Sept 2011 (RQ received after test)
RQ sent: 30 Sept 2011
Latest ATIP note (updated on 27 Aug 2014): file assigned to EB for review (rs)

What does the ATIP note mean? Do it show any good sign? I can see RCMP and FOSS clearance expires in 07/2012. Are they waiting for another one to clear or what?

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
netb2b said:

What does the ATIP note mean? Do it show any good sign? I can see RCMP and FOSS clearance expires in 07/2012. Are they waiting for another one to clear or what?
Hi netb2b,

Do you see "CONV_ADMIN" What was the last UPDATE DATE? Also, look at your GCMS Do you see "Type: PS/Judge's Decision" or "Type: Judge's Decision"

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
netb2b said:

If there is no concern about your case, then they will request an update on the clearance. Once that is done, and also reviewed with no concern, then you case should be finalized soon.

walelo

Mar 11, 2014
echorael said:
Hello there,
Are there still RQ applicants from 2011? Is it me alone here? Applied 2011, Test and RQ 2012. Nothing then???? I've ordered many ATIP still nothing. The RQ is still not reviewed. Case still in process. Call center is not helpful they till what I know that the case is still in process. Spoke with MP and they called on my behalf and the same response that wait. Now my processing time is almost 42 months. I am trapped in this miss and CIC is giving priority to new applicants!!!! What a mess and unfairness! Please post if you read and you are still there like me.
HI

I applied in Calgary on Dec 2011 , RQ 2012 , and since then nothing, Call centre always use their imagination to give me a different answer every time , they are treating us in a very bad way as we have no right to ask. I got depression for that unfair situation!!!

netb2b

Apr 5, 2012
echorael said:
Hi netb2b,

Do you see "CONV_ADMIN" What was the last UPDATE DATE? Also, look at your GCMS Do you see "Type: PS/Judge's Decision" or "Type: Judge's Decision"
Under client & parties section, Update_by is CONV_ADMIN and updated date is 2014/06/14.

There is PS/Judge Decision with status "Pending" and updated date is 2011/07/22 which is well before when my citizenship test was held. There are also other entries like SCHEDULE HEARING, HEARING REQUIRED, RECORD TEST RESULT, SCHEDULE TEST and so many others with older dates before the test. Are these only place holders?

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
netb2b said:
Under client & parties section, Update_by is CONV_ADMIN and updated date is 2014/06/14.

There is PS/Judge Decision with status "Pending" and updated date is 2011/07/22 which is well before when my citizenship test was held. There are also other entries like SCHEDULE HEARING, HEARING REQUIRED, RECORD TEST RESULT, SCHEDULE TEST and so many others with older dates before the test. Are these only place holders?
This is very encouraging.I saw many cases with PS/Judge Decision got approved. Can you look at the older ATIP report and tell me what was the ATIP date and see if the "PS" was added to the "Judge Decision" in that report? because I read one time that it took 1 month to approve since the change.

netb2b

Apr 5, 2012
echorael said:
This is very encouraging.I saw many cases with PS/Judge Decision got approved. Can you look at the older ATIP report and tell me what was the ATIP date and see if the "PS" was added to the "Judge Decision" in that report? because I read one time that it took 1 month to approve since the change.
Old ATIP report (received Feb 2014) does not have the PS. I received the latest couple of days back and it has PS in pending status but updated date is same and that's of 07/2011. What exactly does it mean?

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied in October 2001 and Received a pre test RQ in June 2012. After submitting all the docs in August 2012 I was invited to take the Test in St Clair in March 2014 and I have not heard anything ever since. It has been more than 3 years since I applied and more than 7 seven months since I took and passed the test. I am really frustrated as I don't understand why this is taking so long.
I ordered a copy of my ATIP but it looks like the application has not even been approved by the judge so I am not sure what to do at this point other than to continue to wait.

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
netb2b said:
Old ATIP report (received Feb 2014) does not have the PS. I received the latest couple of days back and it has PS in pending status but updated date is same and that's of 07/2011. What exactly does it mean?
I think this is a very good sign. You are almost there. Your RQ as you said is under review. So it will be few more months between the review and approval I hope.

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
djoli said:
I applied in October 2001 and Received a pre test RQ in June 2012. After submitting all the docs in August 2012 I was invited to take the Test in St Clair in March 2014 and I have not heard anything ever since. It has been more than 3 years since I applied and more than 7 seven months since I took and passed the test. I am really frustrated as I don't understand why this is taking so long.
I ordered a copy of my ATIP but it looks like the application has not even been approved by the judge so I am not sure what to do at this point other than to continue to wait.
What does your latest ATIP said? Can you extract some info and share?

netb2b

Apr 5, 2012
I am not sure why my case is delayed. My friend got RQ the same month (09/2011) as he got an oath last month. I am still waiting :(

steeles

May 7, 2014
netb2b said:
I am not sure why my case is delayed. My friend got RQ the same month (09/2011) as he got an oath last month. I am still waiting :(
Did your friend got RQ before the test? or RQ after the test?

whiterose232

Jun 30, 2014
My citizenship application timeline is even worse than yours:

Citizenship applied - May 2010
Citizenship Test - Mar 2011
RQ Received - Mar 2011 (Same day of citizenship test)
RQ Submitted - Sep 2011 (US border agency took 6 months to release the in/out data)

After repeated calls to CIC, I received three letters from them; Oct 2013, May 2014 and June 2014, saying the same thing that the application is still in the queue and yet to be assigned for reviewing. I also got the reply for ATIP and my case file shows no activity since Nov 2012.

It's been 53 months since I applied and still counting.......................................................