+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ Applicants from 2011

steeles

May 7, 2014
echorael said:
I believe those who received a pre test RQ will have the rocket speed of oath letters after doing the test. The long wait time is for those post test applicants.
Really?
Are you sure?
I had RQ before the test and had a test after 2 months in July and so far I did not hear anything from
Oath. Waiting for almost 3 months now and no news for Oath..

oceankairouan

May 4, 2014
I also applied since October 2011 (montreal office) and still waiting.

Application : Oct 2011
TEST may 2013
RQ Sept 2013
RQ sent dec 2013

Security expired according to ATIP and I am still waiting : 35 months so far....

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Applied July 2011
Test and RQ July 2012
Case review completed and transferred to Scarborough for ceremony on August 22, 2014. Waiting since.

janoo

May 16, 2014
six... did you receive atip report if not than order one will get some information,

also keep calling as your processing time is over and you may also contact Mp

for assistance.

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
jimmy1829 said:
Applied July 2011
Test and RQ July 2012
Case review completed and transferred to Scarborough for ceremony on August 22, 2014. Waiting since.
Hi jimmy1829,
My timeline and yours is very similar. Can you please share how did you know about the case review and transfer?? Is it the call center or the ATIP report. If ATIP until when are your security checks are valid? Also, what was the outcome of the case review "I hope its approval mentioned somewhere"?This might be the reason for the oath letter delay.

slx

Mar 19, 2014
janoo said:
six... did you receive atip report if not than order one will get some information,

also keep calling as your processing time is over and you may also contact Mp

for assistance.
Oh, I've ordered the report several times, both physical file and notes from the electronic file, as well as contacted the call centre, MP, the local office and the minister himself, to no avail - just received those generic boilerplate answers... Looks like I need to hire the lawyer and file the writ of mandamus to get anywhere. Extremely frustrating experience.

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
steeles said:
Really?
Are you sure?
I had RQ before the test and had a test after 2 months in July and so far I did not hear anything from
Oath. Waiting for almost 3 months now and no news for Oath..
Yes really ;D!!!! also, i am sure!!! CIC Offices are giving the oath letters right and left may be there are few exceptions to this.

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
I wonder if any one from post test 2011 RQ's got his recent ATIP and would like to share some info.

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
echorael said:
Hi jimmy1829,
My timeline and yours is very similar. Can you please share how did you know about the case review and transfer?? Is it the call center or the ATIP report. If ATIP until when are your security checks are valid? Also, what was the outcome of the case review "I hope its approval mentioned somewhere"?This might be the reason for the oath letter delay.
I called CIC pretty frequently, and the information was obtained from the call. I have also ordered ATIP about 2 months ago, and the last update showing there was no concern, and file was transferred for paper review. Once I received the ATIP, I called CIC again, and I was informed my case was approved, and file was transferred to STC awaiting for ceremony.

Security clearance was renewed as well when my case was under review. Approval will be mentioned somewhere within ATIP, but I was too lazy to order another one just to confirm that.

Oath delay is fairly common for STC office. Plus these days ceremony letters are handed out directly to the test takers right after the test, which will cause significant delay for applications being transferred to that office.

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
echorael said:
Hi jimmy1829, Thank you for the details. I hope that by next week you will have your oath.
Thanks buddy, but I highly doubt it. That is fine. I am used to be waiting now. Sooner or later it will come.

Moonkey

Oct 7, 2014
Application received on December 2, 2011
Started processing the application on April 11, 2012
Test written on August 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM
RQ sent on first week of October, 2013

By next month I'm reaching my 35th month and I guess I better start looking for a lawyer.

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Moonkey said:
Application received on December 2, 2011
Started processing the application on April 11, 2012
Test written on August 14, 2013 at 1:00 PM
RQ sent on first week of October, 2013

By next month I'm reaching my 35th month and I guess I better start looking for a lawyer.
If I were you, I would reconsider that move of hiring a lawyer.
I have very similar timeline as yours. I applied in July 2011, and wrote the test in July 2012, was given the RQ the same day of test.
My application was approved on August 22,2014, and the file was transferred to STC awaiting for the ceremony.
Just hold onto that for now, I think your application will be reviewed soon. Have you ordered an ATIP report and found out which stage your case is at?