+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Return of passports with VISA

AlexAndi

Jan 28, 2009
We sent to the Canadian Embassy Manila our passports already for visa stamping. How long will it take before these are returned? Thanks.

jarla

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
according to their letter it will take 20 to 30 days for then to return the passport. I will send ours tomrow thru courier. Thanks.....

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
can we send it and ask them to return it to a different mailing address if we have moved.Sending the passport seems too risky to me.

beauty

Apr 14, 2008
anyone here ask ko lang po.. my parents in-law already received letter requesting for their passport for visa stamping and nakalagay dun na your visa will be valid until dec 16 2009 and ensure that the validity of your passport is altleast 6 mos beyond the validity date... and expiration po ng passports nila ay jan 2010. is there a need for their passport to renew?
thanks.......

jarla

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hi engg, yes the embassy can send your passport to what ever address you want. you will fill up a form that is attched to the letter requesting you to send your passport. from that letter, there is a mailing address...

AlexAndi

Jan 28, 2009
Passports returned already last 10 Feb with expiry on 29 Sept. We're good to go!

My passport expires in Jan 2010. Will have to leave at least 6 months before it expires. Cannot maximize our stay, have to leave by June-July this year.

jarla

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hi AlexAndi, we might be leaving also by july. where is your destination? us manitoba... just send our passports last week. starting to sell our properties...

AlexAndi

Jan 28, 2009
Hi jarla,

Manitoba too! Am canvassing best air fare rates, have spoken to a couple of our travel agents. We plan to fly out first week of June.

We started selling belongings as well.

mitchieline

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Hello..

also Processed my application in Manila and submitted my passport early this month. Is it also possible to be denied though my passporthave been requested already?

AlexAndi

Jan 28, 2009
As far as I know, any thing is still tentative unless you have the visa in your hands. Passports should be valid and not expiring soon, details on passport should be the same as the fill out forms submitted, etc. I think this is the reason Embassy always reminds us not to prepare yet for departure (selling things, resigning from job, etc) unless we have our visas with us already.

If all's well with your passport, then I guess you are good to go!

mitchieline

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
AlexAndi said:
As far as I know, any thing is still tentative unless you have the visa in your hands. Passports should be valid and not expiring soon, details on passport should be the same as the fill out forms submitted, etc. I think this is the reason Embassy always reminds us not to prepare yet for departure (selling things, resigning from job, etc) unless we have our visas with us already.

If all's well with your passport, then I guess you are good to go!
Thanks Lexandi.

Hope that everything will be fine...