+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remove conditions on my open work permit

csus_hk

Apr 6, 2022
Hi all,

I have got my open work permit - and I only found out after I have arrived in Canada, there is a condition stating that I am "not authorized to work in child care, primary or secondary school teaching, health services field occupations." on the open work permit

This condition should only appear if I have not done the medical check. However, in order to get my open work permit application approved, I have already done medical check when I was in my country of origin. I am curious why IRCC said I have not done the medical check.

Now that I have got a job offer to work in elderly care centre, and I am about to apply to change the condition, can I ask:

1) Do I have to do the medical check again? Or I can just show IRCC the proof that I have passed the medical check as they have required? (my medical check is still within 1-year valid period)
2) Has anyone successfully removed this condition through flagpoling? Is there any other way to speed up the process?
3) Can I start working in this job while I am applying to change the condition?

Thank you so much for answering me in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

I have got my open work permit - and I only found out after I have arrived in Canada, there is a condition stating that I am "not authorized to work in child care, primary or secondary school teaching, health services field occupations." on the open work permit

This condition should only appear if I have not done the medical check. However, in order to get my open work permit application approved, I have already done medical check when I was in my country of origin. I am curious why IRCC said I have not done the medical check.

Now that I have got a job offer to work in elderly care centre, and I am about to apply to change the condition, can I ask:

1) Do I have to do the medical check again? Or I can just show IRCC the proof that I have passed the medical check as they have required? (my medical check is still within 1-year valid period)
2) Has anyone successfully removed this condition through flagpoling? Is there any other way to speed up the process?

1) You shouldn't have to take a medical again.
2) Yes, people have done this. This is really the only option for speeding things up.
3) No, you need to wait for the conditions on your work permit to be changed before you can start working in the job.

csus_hk

Apr 6, 2022
1) You shouldn't have to take a medical again.
2) Yes, people have done this. This is really the only option for speeding things up.
3) No, you need to wait for the conditions on your work permit to be changed before you can start working in the job.
Thank you for answering me!

So even if my employer is okay to hire me and they ask me to work and apply to remove the condition at the same time, I will still face the risk of not complying to the condition? Will this affect my PR application - like IRCC will not count the working hours when I am applying to remove the condition while I am working for this employer?

Hope you can expel my concerns! Thanks a lot!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for answering me!

So even if my employer is okay to hire me and they ask me to work and apply to remove the condition at the same time, I will still face the risk of not complying to the condition? Will this affect my PR application - like IRCC will not count the working hours when I am applying to remove the condition while I am working for this employer?

Hope you can expel my concerns! Thanks a lot!
It's illegal for you to work in this field without first removing this condition. It's not up to the employer.

Reactions: Naturgrl

mkremigio

Apr 8, 2022
Hi all,

You must apply back to the government after you have your xray and blood tests done , showing proof and have the restrictions removed. You will get a new work permit without restriction https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadahostukrainians

George27

Oct 5, 2023
Hi all,

3) Can I start working in this job while I am applying to change the condition? online games

1, Typically, organizations that require medical checks have specific guidelines regarding the validity period of the medical examination. If your medical check falls within that valid period, you may be able to provide proof of your previous medical examination to satisfy their requirements.

2, Flagpoling refers to a process where individuals with temporary status in Canada, such as a work or study permit, leave the country and re-enter through a land border crossing to have their status changed or a condition removed. This method is often used to expedite certain processes, such as obtaining a new permit or removing a condition on an existing permit.
While flagpoling has been used by some individuals to successfully remove conditions on their permits, it's important to note that the outcome can vary depending on individual circumstances and the discretion of immigration officers. There is no guarantee that flagpoling will always result in the desired outcome.

3, The ability to start working in a job while you are applying to change a condition on your permit depends on the specific regulations and policies of the country you are in and the type of permit you hold. In the case of Canada, it is essential to understand the rules set by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

If you are applying to change the condition on your permit within Canada, you may need to adhere to certain guidelines to legally start working in the new job. In some cases, you may be required to obtain a new work permit or have the condition on your existing permit amended before you can begin working in the new job.

Bago45

Aug 16, 2023
It’s been 2 Mets since I applied to remove the conditions on my work permit. Still waiting. How long is the process

Jasnoor Kaur

Jan 27, 2024
It’s been 2 Mets since I applied to remove the conditions on my work permit. Still waiting. How long is the process
Hey there,
Did you get your wp after removing conditions or you still waiting? Did you try to go to border?

Thanks in advance.

Bago45

Aug 16, 2023
Its been 9mts and I have not received a response, I did my medical submitted everything. I called twice and emailed once…….nothing