+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

rejection after status change to In Process?

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
Hi guys, I've seen some cases rejected after their status changed to In Process, which means they have passed the visa office IA. Do you know why some cases are rejected after In Process, not before that. I'm just curious.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
googleman said:
Hi guys, I've seen some cases rejected after their status changed to In Process, which means they have passed the visa office IA. Do you know why some cases are rejected after In Process, not before that. I'm just curious.

- Inability to verify the documents by the immigration officers.

- fraudulent (has been caught during the background check) )in some documents such as fake degrees, work experience documents...and so forth.

- Medical inadmissibility.

- Security inadmissibility.

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
professional 1 said:

- Inability to verify the documents by the immigration officers.

- fraudulent (has been caught during the background check) )in some documents.

- Medical inadmissibility.

- Security inadmissibility.
I think the first two are checked during the visa office IA, which can take up to 90 days.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
googleman said:
I think the first two are checked during the visa office IA.

Actually i do not think so because remember that many visa officers have asked the applicants to submit more proofs such as, tax return documents, original degrees and transcripts or the accredition of their degrees after they started processing their applications not before. Therefore, how come they are going to grant the points for unverified documents which might be genuine OR fake documents !

Have you ever seen any case under the new system (fast track) got refused before the processing of their applications starts for reasons other than :

Based on a review of your application, you do not fall under any of the three categories identified by the minister of immigration and multiculturalism to be eligible ?

They never say that you have not got suffcient points at this stage (Initial assessment) so that your application is not eligible for processing.

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
professional 1 said:
Unfortunatly no, because remember that many visa officers have asked the applicants to submit more proofs such as, tax return documents, original degrees and transcripts or the accredition of their degrees after they started processing their applications not before. Therefore, how come they are going to grant the points for unverified documents which might be genuine OR fake documents !
I agree, but if a visa office completes IA and requests for more docs, it means an app has 67 or more, at least on paper. So visa officers do further processing--request for more docs--when they have questions, or request ME if everything looks all right. But if it's obvious an app has below 67, it is rejected right away, that is, its status doesn't changes to In Process, but straight to A Decision Made. There was at least one case I know. He was rejected a week after the transfer from Buffalo to Detroit: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-is-the-appeal-procedure-in-case-of-rejection-for-fsw-applications-t30041.0.html;msg275267#msg275267

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
googleman said:
There was at least one case I know. He was rejected a week after the transfer from Buffalo to Detroit.
It means that they have started processing his application even if his e-case was not showing that fact, remember as well that the e-case does not always represent the actual progress of the application especially when it comes to Buffalo.

To be honest with you my case was the first case i have ever seen in which the e-case got changed to In Process after one day only from starting the processing of the application, and i am sure it was only by chance. That is why i got really surprised about it.

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
professional 1 said:
Have you ever seen any case under the new system (fast track) got refused before the processing of their applications starts for reasons other than :
There are many rejections after transfers to other visa offices, and I suspect some were rejected during IA and before In Process. Other cases' status hasn't changed for 90 days--Pending Review--and I don't know what happened to them, because they just tend to disappear after getting rejected. So there's no way I can ask questions to them.

CanadaVisa4me

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
I think one can get rejected for points before it changes to in process or after. I think one can get rejected anytime they find something amiss. Usually, before in process, they don't check documentation carefully and after in process, its a more thorough check. That is my understanding. perhaps someone can correct me on it.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
googleman said:
There are many rejections after transfers to other visa offices, and I suspect some were rejected during IA and before In Process. Other cases' status hasn't changed for 90 days--Pending Review--and I don't know what happened to them, because they just tend to disappear after getting rejected. So there's no way I can ask questions to them.

Exactly, here is the point, if you can ask any of them to copy and paste the refusal letter, we will know exactly in which stage the application was, and why it got rejected.

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
CanadaVisa4me said:
I think one can get rejected for points before it changes to in process or after. I think one can get rejected anytime they find something amiss. Usually, before in process, they don't check documentation carefully and after in process, its a more thorough check. That is my understanding. perhaps someone can correct me on it.
Now we all know NS CIO IA doesn't mean anything, but Visa Office IA means something, that is, it means VO sees 67 or more, at least on paper, even though VO might have some questions. Below is their explanation of the two different steps:

Visa Office - Eligibility Review Complete
The review of the application and supporting documents has been completed at the visa office. A letter with additional information has been mailed.

In Process
Based on review of your complete application package, it has been determined that your application is eligible for processing.
Processing has begun.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaVisa4me said:

I kind of agree with that, but still the points will be on paper only at this stage ( hypothetically only at this stage, based on what the applicant has claimed, and after the processing begins, they do the actual practical checks for the points contacting the third parties (employers, universities.....and so on).

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
googleman said:
In Process
Based on review of your complete application package, it has been determined that your application is eligible for processing.
Processing has begun.

Well, i like this constructive discussion,

Here is what i understand from the above sentence;

Your application is eligible (means falls under one of the three categories, and as a result, the processing of your application has begun to check the six selection factors which are; ( education, experience, age....etc. to check your points and that stuff.

That is my understanding for it.

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
professional 1 said:
I kind of agree with that, but still the points will be on paper only at this stage ( hypothetically only at this stage, based on what the applicant has claimed, and after the processing begins, they do the actual practical checks for the points contacting the third parties (employers, universities.....and so on).
We know why NS CIO IA doesn't mean anything. It's because all VO has in front of him is an application form, that is, what we claim on the app. No supporting docs. But Visa Office IA looks at both and determines whether our claim makes sense. Only if it does, a case moves into "In Process". So what I am saying is Visa Office IA means something. Some apps get rejected during Visa Office IA and before In Process.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
googleman said:
We know why NS CIO IA doesn't mean anything. It's because all VO has in front of him is an application form, that is, what we claim on the app. No supporting docs. But Visa Office IA looks at both and determines whether our claim makes sense. Only if it does, a case moves into "In Process". So what I am saying is Visa Office IA means something. Some apps get rejected during Visa Office IA and before In Process.

I know man, i am completely against the idea of the CIO, it is just a waste of time for the applicants and makes an undesirable redundancy, so i am not even taking them or what they have done in my consideration, because at the CIO stage, if you have a very good skills in writing duties effeciently or even lies regardless where the truth is, you pass strongly with them, and if you are not good in writing short description of the job duties, you fail in their assessment even if you are really eligible.

Whenever i try to analyze, i usually skip the (CIO) stage completely, and start with the visa office.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey googleman, I found the definite answer for our discussion from CIC official link :

"Processing

Once processing begins, officers will review the application against the minimal requirements and
the selection criteria for FSW. Visa officers are also required to approve or refuse FSW
applications according to the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA)
and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

In cases of refusals, this means an applicant fails to meet the minimal requirements, is not
awarded sufficient points or is found to be inadmissible
. As applicants may specify more than one
NOC code in their application, failure to meet the minimal requirements for an occupation on the
MI list will not necessarily result in refusal.
Interviews, verifications of the authenticity of documents, site visits, investigations or seeking
clarification from applicants constitute processing. These activities may be undertaken to
determine if applicants meet the minimal requirements, can be awarded points for the selection
criteria or are inadmissible.
Finding inadmissibility for misrepresentation involves a relatively high standard of procedural
fairness. In addition, only an operations manager, deputy program manager or immigration
program manager may refuse for misrepresentation."

This states clearly that they start counting the points after the processing begins not before.

The source : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

At the end of page 20 and the beginning of page 21.