+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

rejection after status change to In Process?

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
professional 1 said:
Hey googleman, I found the definite answer for our discussion from CIC official link :

"Processing

Once processing begins, officers will review the application against the minimal requirements and
the selection criteria for FSW. Visa officers are also required to approve or refuse FSW
applications according to the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA)
and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

In cases of refusals, this means an applicant fails to meet the minimal requirements, is not
awarded sufficient points or is found to be inadmissible
. As applicants may specify more than one
NOC code in their application, failure to meet the minimal requirements for an occupation on the
MI list will not necessarily result in refusal.
Interviews, verifications of the authenticity of documents, site visits, investigations or seeking
clarification from applicants constitute processing. These activities may be undertaken to
determine if applicants meet the minimal requirements, can be awarded points for the selection
criteria or are inadmissible.
Finding inadmissibility for misrepresentation involves a relatively high standard of procedural
fairness. In addition, only an operations manager, deputy program manager or immigration
program manager may refuse for misrepresentation."

This states clearly that they start counting the points after the processing begins not before.

The source : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

At the end of page 20 and the beginning of page 21.
Agree here with Professional1. In some cases, the applicant also claims the adaptibility factor points and get over 67. The Visa officer may check whether the applicant's relatives currently reside in Canada or not (which will happen during the "In Process" stage) and if any information is doubtful, he may not award the 5 points. In this case if the points total is below 67, the applicant may be denied for lack of 67 points.

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
professional 1 said:
Hey googleman, I found the definite answer for our discussion from CIC official link :

"Processing

Once processing begins, officers will review the application against the minimal requirements and
the selection criteria for FSW. Visa officers are also required to approve or refuse FSW
applications according to the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA)
and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

In cases of refusals, this means an applicant fails to meet the minimal requirements, is not
awarded sufficient points or is found to be inadmissible
. As applicants may specify more than one
NOC code in their application, failure to meet the minimal requirements for an occupation on the
MI list will not necessarily result in refusal.
Interviews, verifications of the authenticity of documents, site visits, investigations or seeking
clarification from applicants constitute processing. These activities may be undertaken to
determine if applicants meet the minimal requirements, can be awarded points for the selection
criteria or are inadmissible.
Finding inadmissibility for misrepresentation involves a relatively high standard of procedural
fairness. In addition, only an operations manager, deputy program manager or immigration
program manager may refuse for misrepresentation."

This states clearly that they start counting the points after the processing begins not before.

The source : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

At the end of page 20 and the beginning of page 21.
There are many scenarios for rejection. You can be rejected during Visa Office IA as you can see in a case posted at trackitt.com last night--at the time of his rejection his status was Visa Office Eligibility Review Complete, so it was before moving into In Process. There was another guy who claimed the same thing happened to him. There are three or four scenarios after your status changes to In Process. First, you get rejected without receiving any IA completion letter: "We have now completed the initial assessment of your application...." Second, you are requested for additional doc with the IA letter. Third, you're requested for interview & additional doc. Fourth, you're requested for medical exam either with or without additional doc requests. So what I'm saying again and again is you can get rejected either before or after your status change to In Process. You can even get rejected between ME & PPR, with no medical problem.

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
mpapdp.1984 said:
Agree here with Professional1. In some cases, the applicant also claims the adaptibility factor points and get over 67. The Visa officer may check whether the applicant's relatives currently reside in Canada or not (which will happen during the "In Process" stage) and if any information is doubtful, he may not award the 5 points. In this case if the points total is below 67, the applicant may be denied for lack of 67 points.
I personally responded to her case (Bristirdine at trackitt.com). She wasn't even given a chance to prove her relationship to her uncle--no additional doc request. She was rejected during In Process. As Qorax insinuated, there was more to her story, which she wasn't willing to share with us at that time.

gillian

Sep 12, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi there. i have a question. after submitting full documents, what if i got rejected at the visa office stage because i did not reach the 67 points needed, will i get a refund and can i apply again? thanks!!

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
gillian said:
hi there. i have a question. after submitting full documents, what if i got rejected at the visa office stage because i did not reach the 67 points needed, will i get a refund and can i apply again? thanks!!
You cannot get a refund after the initial assessment by Sydney is positive but the visa office you submitted your documents to reject your application.

rana3112

May 6, 2010
Hello

I got my Medicals + Passport Request + RPRF requirements on 18TH March 2010. Does this mean that my Background Check and Security Check is complete.

My medicals were done on 29TH March 2010 and I sent my passports + RPRF on 6Th April 2010. When can I expect my passports back

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
rana3112 said:
Hello

I got my Medicals + Passport Request + RPRF requirements on 18TH March 2010. Does this mean that my Background Check and Security Check is complete.

My medicals were done on 29TH March 2010 and I sent my passports + RPRF on 6Th April 2010. When can I expect my passports back
New Delhi tends to do that. Pretty soon you'll be done.

nars

Apr 23, 2010
Phil
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2009
AOR Received.
18-11-2009
File Transfer...
25-11-2009
Med's Request
04-05-2010
Med's Done....
21-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2010
LANDED..........
August! Kakain ako ng isnow!!!
googleman said:
New Delhi tends to do that. Pretty soon you'll be done.
Wow! they requested all three at once?! oh how i wish my local VO will aslo do that. such an inspiration.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like a good discussion and wanted to be a part of it.

As per my opinion many members have stated it correctly the reasons and status explanation.

CIC has tried to make it a simplified fast enough process for immigration where they have check points and try to meet the objective of every check point. In process status changes when they IO/VO checks the papers as per face value and concludes as per the face value that the application is eligible for processing for FSW (Under the applied category). Now technically If the status is Received by Visa office then the next step is to check the eligibility of the file for processing and it is up to the visa officers to ask for more documents in case he/she thinks that benefit of doubt can be given the the PA and with more documents VO/IO can have more clarity for assessing the file. If the VO thinks that no the file doesn't meet the requirements then it should change to Decision Made and if clarification is required the Eligibility Review Complete and file should be put 1 tag - administrative help where more documents are requested from PA. But as per the trend CHC - London and now CHC - New Delhi, applicants are getting rejection letter after this status.

So in my opinion, after In Process, practically what is happening during processing is that the applicant can still receive refusal which is technically wrong but reason's can the one stated by professional1 in his first post. This is just my opinion.

- Inability to verify the documents by the immigration officers.

- fraudulent (has been caught during the background check) )in some documents such as fake degrees, work experience documents...and so forth.

- Medical inadmissibility.

- Security inadmissibility.

Thanks