+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected.

lena2010

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
So I had the bad feeling about this from the beginning. I don't think our application was nearly as detailed as it should have been. We didn't have enough pictures, my husband mixed up two dates and that was enough for him to get refused.
He had to go to Vienna for his interview. He has a work permit but he needs a multiple visa to be able to come back to Canada. I need him here so we can fight this together. What are his chances of getting a tourist visa (with a work permit and a job that he does in Canada) if he was refused for family visa?

Lebron-J

Jun 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
AOR Received.
10-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-03-2018
So I had the bad feeling about this from the beginning. I don't think our application was nearly as detailed as it should have been. We didn't have enough pictures, my husband mixed up two dates and that was enough for him to get refused.
He had to go to Vienna for his interview. He has a work permit but he needs a multiple visa to be able to come back to Canada. I need him here so we can fight this together. What are his chances of getting a tourist visa (with a work permit and a job that he does in Canada) if he was refused for family visa?
Did he get right away refused after his interview?

Pitt1234

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
I think you should take this seriously and file an appeal. I would suggest that you use a good lawyer.

Here is the appeal process: http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/BoaCom/references/procedures/Pages/ProcessSpoPar.aspx
I would strongly recommend going through Canadavisa forum and reading "Appeal cases".

>> He has a work permit but he needs a multiple visa to be able to come back to Canada. I need him here so we can fight this together. What are his chances of getting a tourist visa

No one can predict it. But there are very low chances that he would get any type of visa until you guys don't resolve the real reason for the current rejection. The first step to doing that would be to find the "real reason for rejection" and reading up on what to do.

Last edited:

Shantaveli

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
So sorry to hear your husband had been rejected.
Hopefully, some of the more experienced forum members will give their opinion but if you're going for appeal it could take years.
Since he has refusal now and he isn't from visa exempt country he might not have a chance to get any type of visa.
I know how much frustrating it could be but try to calm down and figure out with your hubby a solution whether it will be appeal or re-application for family class visa.
I don't know from which country is your hubby but my husband 's application was approved outland for exact 6 months and he's coming from visa exempt country (we were dealing with Vienna, too and they are tough I dare to say).

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll echo what the others have said, by saying that I'm sorry to hear that this has happened. I also agree that getting a visa to return to Canada at this point is not very likely, unfortunately.

There has to be more to the reason(s) why he was refused, besides not having enough pictures and mixing up two dates. Do you have whatever is needed to satisfy those issues? If you do, you should immediately reapply, since an appeal will be a long and painful process.

Hopefully, your husband wasn't found to have misrepresented himself, in terms of those dates, because that would only amplify the problem.

Good luck!

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Where is your husband from? I thought Austria (vienna) was a visa exempt country?

lena2010

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
You're correct.
I just stopped writing that because I thought it didn't matter and people really don't want to get involved in cases like these.
Anyways, reasons for refusal were.
Lack of intimate pictures. I've never taken those in my whole life.
No knowledge about the vibrant Toronto gay community. I never said I was part of it. I honestly said that we do not go there. Why is it important to go.
They asked when Toronto pride is, and my husband said the wrong date.
Also they thought it was weird that he didn't know the exact date when I came out to his family. I knew a year. I don't even know when I came out to my family. Who remembers these dates?
Anyways, it's all fixable, we will get more pictures and go to gay bars if that's what it takes. I'm just wondering how to do all of that if he's not allowed to come back.
People who haven't read the post history, this is regarding a same sex couple from Bosnia.

lena2010

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Those questions are.... ridiculous, and at best, stereotypes. I'm so sorry.
I swear those are the reasons. I couldn't believe them either.
I'm way beyond heart broken.
I didn't sleep for three days.
Completely falling apart.
I've been crying for two days, and I didn't even cry when my dad died. And now that I know that he might not be coming back at all for a long time, it's killing me. He loves his work, and this is the last year he can do it, afterwards he has has offers as a coach. If he doesn't come back it will kill him, it will kill me.
I don't know.
For now I'm just really broken.
One of these days I will get back up on my feet and we will fight this together, if that means be flamboyant

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
I swear those are the reasons. I couldn't believe them either.
I'm way beyond heart broken.
I didn't sleep for three days.
Completely falling apart.
I've been crying for two days, and I didn't even cry when my dad died. And now that I know that he might not be coming back at all for a long time, it's killing me. He loves his work, and this is the last year he can do it, afterwards he has has offers as a coach. If he doesn't come back it will kill him, it will kill me.
I don't know.
For now I'm just really broken.
One of these days I will get back up on my feet and we will fight this together, if that means be flamboyant
This made me tear up. I'm so sorry to hear you are having issues with this when you shouldn't be. The best thing to do at this point is go to gay bars and do all the stereotypical things that "all gays do". I have 2 lesbian friends and they don't do any of the things the interviewer questioned you on. I feel like they watched I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry and got all their ideas off that, it's ridiculous.

Reactions: Argie2016

lena2010

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Those questions are.... ridiculous, and at best, stereotypes. I'm so sorry.
And he said we proved that we are co habit in together, because he knows so much about me and we had so much proof it that, but that doesn't mean that we are in a conjugal relationship.
What kinds of pictures should I have had?
Were private about this.
We only have 10 friends that know.
Try being gay in Bosnian community, just try it and you will understand.
VO just ruined us, but we will fight this.
I will make an application with so much proof that were intimate. We will go to gay bars in europe and take pictures. I don't know what else to do. I cannot be without him.

Reactions: FairyRaichu

lena2010

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
This made me tear up. I'm so sorry to hear you are having issues with this when you shouldn't be. The best thing to do at this point is go to gay bars and do all the stereotypical things that "all gays do". I have 2 lesbian friends and they don't do any of the things the interviewer questioned you on. I feel like they watched I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry and got all their ideas off that, it's ridiculous.
I don't know.
As I said, he has work that he loves here, and if they do not approve his trv for his work permit, that's it. He will have to stay in Bosnia where and I will have to be here. I will have to work to support both of us, until we figure this out. He's been living in Canada for 4 years. He's an excellent member of this country. He never did anything wrong. Paid taxes on time. We have a freaking life here. I'm just crushed.
So you