AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Hi Lena. I am so sorry to see that they rejected your spousal case, however, very happy to see they are giving your husband a TRV to return to Canada based on his work permit.

I would suggest, rather than appealing the current case, to fill a new application (provided the fees are not a big issue for your family) and be sure to include everything you previously did as well as any current photos you are able to obtain of you and your husband from other friends and family.

I don't feel that the VO was correct in his assessment, but I can see how he might have questions. I did not realize (because I didn't read your background) when you asked originally that you were a same sex couple. I don't think it would've made a difference, excepting in the fact that you were previously in what they would consider a heterosexual marriage which included children. Based on that information, I would've expected them to question your current relationship a bit more closely, only because that is not a typical situation.

Please don't misunderstand me, I don't at all doubt the genuineness of your love and commitment to your husband, only explaining to you what someone on the outside might see.

Knowing this information, I would suggest you try to think about what you would say and/or do to speak to someone from that perspective to convince them that your relationship is real and true. Maybe go into more depth about why and how your previous marriage didn't work out. Maybe explain how you felt being married to a woman and how you knew it wasn't right, but maybe it was expected from your family or the way you grew up ...

I'm just rambling now, but please, if you need assistance trying to figure out how to overcome this, and you CAN and WILL overcome it, don't hesitate to ask.

Best of luck to you and your husband!

lena2010

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Hi Lena. I am so sorry to see that they rejected your spousal case, however, very happy to see they are giving your husband a TRV to return to Canada based on his work permit.

I would suggest, rather than appealing the current case, to fill a new application (provided the fees are not a big issue for your family) and be sure to include everything you previously did as well as any current photos you are able to obtain of you and your husband from other friends and family.

I don't feel that the VO was correct in his assessment, but I can see how he might have questions. I did not realize (because I didn't read your background) when you asked originally that you were a same sex couple. I don't think it would've made a difference, excepting in the fact that you were previously in what they would consider a heterosexual marriage which included children. Based on that information, I would've expected them to question your current relationship a bit more closely, only because that is not a typical situation.

Please don't misunderstand me, I don't at all doubt the genuineness of your love and commitment to your husband, only explaining to you what someone on the outside might see.

Knowing this information, I would suggest you try to think about what you would say and/or do to speak to someone from that perspective to convince them that your relationship is real and true. Maybe go into more depth about why and how your previous marriage didn't work out. Maybe explain how you felt being married to a woman and how you knew it wasn't right, but maybe it was expected from your family or the way you grew up ...

I'm just rambling now, but please, if you need assistance trying to figure out how to overcome this, and you CAN and WILL overcome it, don't hesitate to ask.

Best of luck to you and your husband!
You guys are so awsome :)
The thing is, VO did not ask my husband anything about out previous relationships. He really did not go into that direction, and we really thought he would have. He just asked about the dates of separation and when did I (exact date) came out to my family. He was more into asking him about gay scene in Toronto. I understand completely it's not you average every day case, that's why we thought he would ask us more about previous lives, but they didn't.

One more question.
Hopefully my husband is coming back at the end of next week. He has, as I previously said, trv and work permit. Will he have an interview at the border? If that happens will they make issues out of my husband being rejected for his pr?
Now I'm freaking out again.

Reactions: carolbb23

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
The thing is, VO did not ask my husband anything about out previous relationships. He really did not go into that direction, and we really thought he would have. He just asked about the dates of separation and when did I (exact date) came out to my family. He was more into asking him about gay scene in Toronto. I understand completely it's not you average every day case, that's why we thought he would ask us more about previous lives, but they didn't.

One more question.
Hopefully my husband is coming back at the end of next week. He has, as I previously said, trv and work permit. Will he have an interview at the border? If that happens will they make issues out of my husband being rejected for his pr?

I dunno

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017

One more question.
As long as he has enough funds in his account for a return flight and evidence of employment he should be fine... they may ask about the pr but he can just say yourr going to appeal while hes on the work permit

Reactions: carolbb23

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
He should have no issues at the border. He has a valid work permit and a valid visa. They may ask him about the refusal and all he needs to tell them that you either plan to appeal or to reapply. It really shouldn't hinder his ability to return.

lena2010

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Hello guys
Update, he got his passport back with multi visa until the end of 2019. He bought a ticket to travel to Toronto tomorrow and we're just waiting for the confirmation. It's taking too long, but hopefully they will issue the ticked soon.
I'm so happy, although there's a fight that we need to win, but it will be easier with him here.
Thanks for help and support :)
I will keep you updated

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
He's on a work visa but he got a trv
Hi, just wondering that if your husband was on work visa, why did he need TRV to come to Canada?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Hi, just wondering that if your husband was on work visa, why did he need TRV to come to Canada?
Because of mistaken terminology. OP's partner is from Bosnia, which is not a visa-exempt country, so they need to get a visa (a TRV) to travel to Canada.

Separately from that, they have a work permit, which allows them to work in Canada having travelled there, and entered the country.

Reactions: carolbb23 and MM345

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Because of mistaken terminology. OP's partner is from Bosnia, which is not a visa-exempt country, so they need to get a visa (a TRV) to travel to Canada.

Separately from that, they have a work permit, which allows them to work in Canada having travelled there, and entered the country.
Thanks for the explanation!