+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rejected WP

abbyanehh

Feb 9, 2024
I had my past experience as Food Attendant, way back 2016.
Career wise, yes it’s a downgrade. But Salary wise, the Food Attendant’s salary is much better than my current salary now.
My current role is good by its name only.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Career wise, yes it’s a downgrade. But Salary wise, the Food Attendant’s salary is much better than my current salary now.
I suspect you'll find the cost of living in Canada is going to negate any benefit from the higher salary.

Reactions: YVR123 and canuck78

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your need to show proof of employment as food attendant in 2016 with reference letter/pay slips. What is your salary and where? Making more money then you do now may not help you in Canada because it cost of living is so expensive. And you cannot take on a second job.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Salaries mean nothing until you factor in COL. The fact that you will make more money on paper and have to take a significant downgrade will make it quite difficult to justify the WP. Unless the employer is in the middle of nowhere I agree that it is very usual to get an LMiA for a food attendant when there are so many international students and you people who can’t a find a job in Canada

wrkprmt

Feb 18, 2024
Hello,

I have lmia based job offer for welder work and I'm planning to apply for work permit.

My concern is, I have 2 2-year work experience gap in the welding field. In the years 2022 and 2023 I worked as an Electrician technician. However, from the year 2019- to 2021 I worked as a welder.

Does the above experience gap create any problems in getting work permit approval?

Thanks

wrkprmt

Feb 18, 2024
Hello,

I have lmia based job offer for welder work and I'm planning to apply for work permit.

My concern is, I have 2 2-year work experience gap in the welding field. In the years 2022 and 2023 I worked as an Electrician technician. However, from the year 2019- to 2021 I worked as a welder.

Does the above experience gap create any problems in getting work permit approval?

Thanks

@canuck78 could you please provide advise based on experience?

wrkprmt

Feb 18, 2024
Impossible to say. Why had you switched to become an electrician technician for the last few years? What is your immigration visa/permit history?
Thanks, During 2023 -2024, I was not getting a Welder job and got the opportunity to work as an electrician helper in Dubai. So, I accepted that and worked as electrician helper. But I didn't study as an electrician. My study is related to Welder only.

I never applied for any visa in Canada and so currently living outside of canada.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks, During 2023 -2024, I was not getting a Welder job and got the opportunity to work as an electrician helper in Dubai. So, I accepted that and worked as electrician helper. But I didn't study as an electrician. My study is related to Welder only.

I never applied for any visa in Canada and so currently living outside of canada.
Would suggest explaining that you were unable to find welding work which is why you had temporarily been working as an electrician technician. It shouldn’t be an issue since you worked as a welder pretty recently