+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Status ID Card In Nigeria

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
Oh I see. Yes, my senior brother is a Canadian Citizen living in Canada with his family. An he is even ready to single handedly support my integration in Canada including financial support for even two years if need be according to him. He has a limited liability company in Canada, doing very good. So can individual Canadian Citizen sponsor his sibling(s) who is in danger of these Islamic Terrorist - Boko Haram under the refugee program? If yes, how? He is even ready to pay any consultant that can handle the processing of the aplication. Do you have idea of the amount of funds required to sponsor a refugee claimant as you metioned above?
Or! apart from the refugee program, are there any other programs that I may qualify to apply and get approved? I am more than 40 years old now.

Finally! Below is the news about Nigeria. And it's still happening on daily bases, while most of the international media kept mute, the western countries are denying them Asylum. It's quit unfortunate. May be the life of Christians don't matter. It's confusing and frustrating.

News on Nigeria:

Won't this silent genocide and ethnic cleansing be enough to get Asylum in Canada?. Sorry I am just asking,
Sorry for taking your time.
I think you need to be recognized by the UNCHR as a refugee in order for someone in Canada to be able to sponsor you as a refugee. See what countries around Nigeria have UNHCR agency that you can go to and stay there until your sponsorship process is complete which can take years.

MARIUSA

Jan 6, 2021
Oh I see. Yes, my senior brother is a Canadian Citizen living in Canada with his family. An he is even ready to single handedly support my integration in Canada including financial support for even two years if need be according to him. He has a limited liability company in Canada, doing very good. So can individual Canadian Citizen sponsor his sibling(s) who is in danger of these Islamic Terrorist - Boko Haram under the refugee program? If yes, how? He is even ready to pay any consultant that can handle the processing of the aplication. Do you have idea of the amount of funds required to sponsor a refugee claimant as you metioned above?
Or! apart from the refugee program, are there any other programs that I may qualify to apply and get approved? I am more than 40 years old now.

Finally! Below is the news about Nigeria. And it's still happening on daily bases, while most of the international media kept mute, the western countries are denying them Asylum. It's quit unfortunate. May be the life of Christians don't matter. It's confusing and frustrating.

News on Nigeria:

Won't this silent genocide and ethnic cleansing be enough to get Asylum in Canada?. Sorry I am just asking,

Hi, I would suggest that you come as an International student, as previous person explained, it is a little harder for Nigerians to be given refugee status because of so many factors and it is not an easy process, if you have other options, you should explore those options before asking for asylum. Also if you come as a visitor and then you claim. to be a refugee, you should leave your brother out of this, he will be tied to you, and they might think that he is bringing people here for economic reason, you might end up be the last person to come here as a family if they consider or think that way.Also, do not panic or get stressed out, start to process your case slowly and with confidence, collect of the evidences, threats that you faced, do not rely on Youtube for now

Reactions: wisdom7

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Hi, I would suggest that you come as an International student, as previous person explained, it is a little harder for Nigerians to be given refugee status because of so many factors and it is not an easy process, if you have other options, you should explore those options before asking for asylum. Also if you come as a visitor and then you claim. to be a refugee, you should leave your brother out of this, he will be tied to you, and they might think that he is bringing people here for economic reason, you might end up be the last person to come here as a family if they consider or think that way. Also, do not panic or get stressed out, start to process your case slowly and with confidence, collect of the evidences, threats that you faced, do not rely on Youtube for now
Awesome. Thanks a million times for the advise. Really appreciate.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

News on Nigeria:

Having your brother sponsor you as an asylum seeker is not possible from Nigeria. You would need to leave Nigeria, relocate to another country, and be recognized as a refugee there by UNHCR. Then your brother can sponsor you.

If this isn't an option, then you need to look into other methods of immigrating such as through the Express Entry program (your age will work against you unfortunately and you may struggle to get enough points to be selected) or you can consider coming to Canada on a study permit and then trying to see if you can translate this into PR status.

Good luck.

Reactions: MARIUSA