+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Status ID Card In Nigeria

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
I have a Christian friend whose life is seriously in danger because of the silent killing of Christians and ethnic cleansing going on in Nigeria carried out by the deadly dreaded Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen and Bandits (Nigerian Islamic Terrorist Groups). As I write, their community has been burnt down and he narrowly escaped death with his family. Today, they are homeless. I don't mind sponsoring him and his family via this group five program. But my challenege is that; they don't have Refugee status ID Card.
QUESTION:
1. How can they obtain the Internationally accepted refugee ID Card in Nigeria?
2. Is it possible for them to obtain the same refugee status ID Card from another African country while in Nigeria? If yes, how?
Please I need help / advise on how to help this family in Nigeria. I will be willing to sponsor them if I know how. It's urgent.
Looking forward to hearing from you all on a workable suggestions.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. Leave Nigeria
2. Leave Nigeria. Can’t get card unless they flee the country.

Once out of Nigeria and they have refugee ID card, then you can start Group of 4 application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a Christian friend whose life is seriously in danger because of the silent killing of Christians and ethnic cleansing going on in Nigeria carried out by the deadly dreaded Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen and Bandits (Nigerian Islamic Terrorist Groups). As I write, their community has been burnt down and he narrowly escaped death with his family. Today, they are homeless. I don't mind sponsoring him and his family via this group five program. But my challenege is that; they don't have Refugee status ID Card.
QUESTION:
1. How can they obtain the Internationally accepted refugee ID Card in Nigeria?
2. Is it possible for them to obtain the same refugee status ID Card from another African country while in Nigeria? If yes, how?
Please I need help / advise on how to help this family in Nigeria. I will be willing to sponsor them if I know how. It's urgent.
Looking forward to hearing from you all on a workable suggestions.
A private sponsorship is not a fast process and your group of 5 will need to qualify, have the funds required in a separate bank account, etc. If he is in immediate danger she should relocate within the country of to another country nearby.

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
A private sponsorship is not a fast process and your group of 5 will need to qualify, have the funds required in a separate bank account, etc. If he is in immediate danger she should relocate within the country of to another country nearby.
So if they relocate to a nearby country like Ghana / Liberia, which government or UN agency will they apply to for the Refugee status ID Cards? In order words, if they decide to apply for TRV instead of this group 5 that you said takes too long to process, and they're are given visa. Can they declare refugee at Canadian Port of entry with visitor's visa on their Passport?
If yes, is there likely hood of them being approved during the hearing?

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
1. Leave Nigeria
2. Leave Nigeria. Can’t get card unless they flee the country.

Once out of Nigeria and they have refugee ID card, then you can start Group of 4 application.
Awesome. But how will they get the Refugee ID Card in a foreign country like Ghana or Liberia? Which goverment or UN agencies are incharge?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So if they relocate to a nearby country like Ghana / Liberia, which government or UN agency will they apply to for the Refugee status ID Cards? In order words, if they decide to apply for TRV instead of this group 5 that you said takes too long to process, and they're are given visa. Can they declare refugee at Canadian Port of entry with visitor's visa on their Passport?
If yes, is there likely hood of them being approved during the hearing?
They apply to the UNHRC. For TRVs, your friend and family members need to apply for visitor visas. They must show strong ties to their country (job, property, investments), good travel history and funds to support travel to Canada. They need to prove they will return home. If they get visas, they can claim refugee status at the airport.

Reactions: wisdom7

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
They apply to the UNHRC. For TRVs, your friend and family members need to apply for visitor visas. They must show strong ties to their country (job, property, investments), good travel history and funds to support travel to Canada. They need to prove they will return home. If they get visas, they can claim refugee status at the airport.
Waoo! Thanks a million time for the prompt response. I really appreciate. God bless you for giving to make the world a better place. Take care and stay safe always.

MARIUSA

Jan 6, 2021
Waoo! Thanks a million tior the prompt response. I really appreciate. God bless you for giving to make the world a better place. Take care and stay safe always.
I don't think visitors visa and seeking for asylum goes together, keep doing your research!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Waoo! Thanks a million time for the prompt response. I really appreciate. God bless you for giving to make the world a better place. Take care and stay safe always.
Without very strong ties and enough funds they will have a very hard time getting TRVs. Canada has seen a huge increase in asylum seekers from Nigeria so it is very tough to get a visa especially if you aren’t visiting family and your whole family applies to travel. They will need to show that they have moved to other regions of Nigeria and were not able to find safety throughout the country. Not 100% current on my Nigerian news but I think that the North is really where the danger is so they would still have to show they are being persecuted in the south.

Reactions: Kindsoul

MARIUSA

Jan 6, 2021
Without very strong ties and enough funds they will have a very hard time getting TRVs. Canada has seen a huge increase in asylum seekers from Nigeria so it is very tough to get a visa especially if you aren’t visiting family and your whole family applies to travel. They will need to show that they have moved to other regions of Nigeria and were not able to find safety throughout the country. Not 100% current on my Nigerian news but I think that the North is really where the danger is so they would still have to show they are being persecuted in the south.
Better to immigrate here as students or sort off if they have money

Reactions: wisdom7

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Thanks for taking the time to help. In fact, as a matter of fact, no where in Nigeria is now safe. It's true the earthnic cleansing and killing of Christians started from the North. But it has all spread now to every part of Nigeria. From the North to the South, and East to West. The Eastern part is now very dangerous. I am from the South, as I write, my people can't go to the farm again. As these Boko Haram Terrorist have now invaded our forest, farm land and villages in the South, West, East as well. Unfortunately, they have also infiltrated into the Army, Police and all round. In my village in the South, they have been lots of farmers who were killed or cut into pieces in their farms by these deadly religious terrorist. For two years now, I have not been able to go home. As I have been advised not to come home for safety reasons. There's no day that men, women and children are not killed in the east. It's horrible. So no where is safe in Nigeria.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for taking the time to help. In fact, as a matter of fact, no where in Nigeria is now safe. It's true the earthnic cleansing and killing of Christians started from the North. But it has all spread now to every part of Nigeria. From the North to the South, and East to West. The Eastern part is now very dangerous. I am from the South, as I write, my people can't go to the farm again. As these Boko Haram Terrorist have now invaded our forest, farm land and villages in the South, West, East as well. Unfortunately, they have also infiltrated into the Army, Police and all round. In my village in the South, they have been lots of farmers who were killed or cut into pieces in their farms by these deadly religious terrorist. For two years now, I have not been able to go home. As I have been advised not to come home for safety reasons. There's no day that men, women and children are not killed in the east. It's horrible. So no where is safe in Nigeria.
Getting asylum in Canada from Nigeria is not guaranteed. Would add that without getting to Canada or finding someone to privately sponsor you it will be very difficult to claim asylum.

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Getting asylum in Canada from Nigeria is not guaranteed. Would add that without getting to Canada or finding someone to privately sponsor you it will be very difficult to claim asylum.
Incrdible! Just wondering why it's very difficult despite the silent earthnic cleansing and killing of innocent Nigerian Christians on daily bases all across the country. And yet, it's difficult for Nigerians to claim refugees in Canada. Sorry! I am just thinking loud. It's absolutely incredible. Will like to know the requirements used by Canadian Immigration to decide who should qualify for refugee in Canada under their refugee program, and the possible reasons why it's difficult for Nigerians to be approved when they apply for asylum.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Incrdible! Just wondering why it's very difficult despite the silent earthnic cleansing and killing of innocent Nigerian Christians on daily bases all across the country. And yet, it's difficult for Nigerians to claim refugees in Canada. Sorry! I am just thinking loud. It's absolutely incredible. Will like to know the requirements used by Canadian Immigration to decide who should qualify for refugee in Canada under their refugee program, and the possible reasons why it's difficult for Nigerians to be approved when they apply for asylum.
Unless you have proof that you were personally targeted then it becomes tough to get approval. There are still areas in the cities where it would be considered safe. To get approval for asylum you have to prove that there is no safe place within your whole home country. Your major issue that from Nigeria or surrounding countries it will be extremely difficult to get asylum unless you know someone in Canada that can either sponsor you for asylum and provide the funds to support your asylum claim or work on your behalf to try to secure a private sponsorship for you. Getting a TRV to visit Canada to apply for asylum in Canada is also very difficult partially because of the large number of claims for asylum in Canada from Nigeria for the past few years. Although your claim may be for legitimate reasons there are also many who are economic migrants applying for asylum. Do you have friends or family in Canada who would be in a financial position to submit a group of 5 application (essentially an asylum claim where they support your integration including financially for 1 year)?

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
Unless you have proof that you were personally targeted then it becomes tough to get approval. There are still areas in the cities where it would be considered safe. To get approval for asylum you have to prove that there is no safe place within your whole home country. Your major issue that from Nigeria or surrounding countries it will be extremely difficult to get asylum unless you know someone in Canada that can either sponsor you for asylum and provide the funds to support your asylum claim or work on your behalf to try to secure a private sponsorship for you. Getting a TRV to visit Canada to apply for asylum in Canada is also very difficult partially because of the large number of claims for asylum in Canada from Nigeria for the past few years. Although your claim may be for legitimate reasons there are also many who are economic migrants applying for asylum. Do you have friends or family in Canada who would be in a financial position to submit a group of 5 application (essentially an asylum claim where they support your integration including financially for 1 year)?
Oh I see. Yes, my senior brother is a Canadian Citizen living in Canada with his family. An he is even ready to single handedly support my integration in Canada including financial support for even two years if need be according to him. He has a limited liability company in Canada, doing very good. So can individual Canadian Citizen sponsor his sibling(s) who is in danger of these Islamic Terrorist - Boko Haram under the refugee program? If yes, how? He is even ready to pay any consultant that can handle the processing of the aplication. Do you have idea of the amount of funds required to sponsor a refugee claimant as you metioned above?
Or! apart from the refugee program, are there any other programs that I may qualify to apply and get approved? I am more than 40 years old now.

Finally! Below is the news about Nigeria. And it's still happening on daily bases, while most of the international media kept mute, the western countries are denying them Asylum. It's quit unfortunate. May be the life of Christians don't matter. It's confusing and frustrating.

News on Nigeria:

Won't this silent genocide and ethnic cleansing be enough to get Asylum in Canada?. Sorry I am just asking,
Sorry for taking your time.