Medicals: April 1st
Medicals updated: April 16th
Biometrics and notice of seizure: May 8
Work permit issued on: june 20th
Eligibility interview/AOC/Confirmation of referral: July 8
Current Status of application: you will be provided with a decision shortly

Etobicoke

good luck to us guys
Hello have you done with your hearing ??

helpme1

Mar 6, 2024
Any March 2024 applicants waiting to hear back on the initial updates ? Applied March first week. 3 weeks since medicals were done. 1 week since the report was sent per the receptionist at the clinic. I don't yet see a medical update or any correspondence yet. Given the huge backlog per news reports, i thought people could share their experience if in they are in a similar dilemma.

hinhaj

Oct 10, 2023
Any March 2024 applicants waiting to hear back on the initial updates ? Applied March first week. 3 weeks since medicals were done. 1 week since the report was sent per the receptionist at the clinic. I don't yet see a medical update or any correspondence yet. Given the huge backlog per news reports, i thought people could share their experience if in they are in a similar dilemma.
You will be invite for seizure and eligibility soon

helpme1

Mar 6, 2024
Hi everyone. Just curious, has the refugee process changed a little bit ? Noticing on the forum about people being interviewed separately by CBSA officers and ministers delegates separately.. like threads here:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refugee-claim’s-minister’s-delegate-interview-second-interview-cbsa.843032/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-immigration-officer-interview-minister’s-delegate-interview.822066/#post-10603789

This is after the people were given work permits. Has the process changed ? I thought it was all at the irb hearing. Thanks.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi everyone. Just curious, has the refugee process changed a little bit ? Noticing on the forum about people being interviewed separately by CBSA officers and ministers delegates separately.. like threads here:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refugee-claim’s-minister’s-delegate-interview-second-interview-cbsa.843032/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/urgent-immigration-officer-interview-minister’s-delegate-interview.822066/#post-10603789

This is after the people were given work permits. Has the process changed ? I thought it was all at the irb hearing. Thanks.
Nothing has changed, at port of entry CBSA will conduct interview, and if there is anything of interest to be sent to the Minister, officer can do so.

Morale

Apr 6, 2023
Hello, I filed my refugee claim last year, February 2023. I haven’t yet received a hearing date. Has anyone else applied around the same time and if yes have you been given a hearing date yet?

Thank you!

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello, I filed my refugee claim last year, February 2023. I haven’t yet received a hearing date. Has anyone else applied around the same time and if yes have you been given a hearing date yet?

Thank you!
Are you working with a lawyer?

Richard2323

Mar 28, 2024
Hello everyone I received this yesterday October 6, 2023

This notice acknowledges that the Government of Canada received your refugee claim on YYYY/MM/DD.
You are now eligible for health care coverage under the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP). You are required to undergo an Immigration Medical Examination as part of your refugee claim. The IFHP will cover the cost of this examination. Please present this notice and your IMM 1017 form to the panel physician at your appointment.
You are required to return for an interview with respect to your refugee claim.

The details are as follows:
Date:
Time:
Address:

I received this yesterday October 6. I submitted my application October 4.

I have 2 questions please I need your help

I am just wondering why they didn't put any date, time and address for the interview?

And should I apply for IHFP to get health insurance certificate?

Thank you
Any update on your case

Gfr

Star Member
Sep 7, 2022

Thank you!
Wait time is crazy
Filed in Oct 2022, recently got a hearing date scheduled in 6 months time

Ezio3000

Apr 13, 2024
BOC- July 2023
Brown paper- Sep 2023
Less complex case - Jan 2024
Files submitted- Jan 2024
Currently waiting on hearing date. How long is it taking this days to get a decision/ hearing date for less complex cases??

Reactions: waseememirates1
Jan 30, 2024
BOC- July 2023
Brown paper- Sep 2023
Currently waiting on hearing date. How long is it taking this days to get a decision/ hearing date for less complex cases??
i get less complex letter was Feb and submitted Documents in 1st week of march ..... and waiting for decision / hearing .
Some People will get hearing Date in last of October they also get less complex letter , and submitted documents was February Last -

md.ali22

Star Member
May 2, 2023
Hello, I got my GCMS notes from CBSA yesterday, everything passed, but security has not started yet, they put the due date as August 2024. So will they finish it by this date?

hinhaj

Oct 10, 2023
BOC- July 2023
Brown paper- Sep 2023
Most of the people who applied on july 2023 got there hearing in april 2024.may be soon you will get your hearing date