Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
21XX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

My current HR is not providing me Reference Letter (as per them company policy dont permit), can I get it from and co-worker (on plain paper) or senior colleague, will it be fine? Please advice.

Clickitt

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
21XX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wilson said:
It won't serve the purpose what CIC insists.
Hi Wilson,

thanks for your quick response.
I can provide written explanation to CIC. I can provide the business Email of person who will be signing on it along with his Business Card. Will this also not suffice.

If not, what other options are available to me, please advice.

Clickitt

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
21XX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seniors, please advice. Not sure what to do ???

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Get it on company letter head , signed by your line manager and stamped

It will work

Clickitt said:
Dear All,

My current HR is not providing me Reference Letter (as per them company policy dont permit), can I get it from and co-worker (on plain paper) or senior colleague, will it be fine? Please advice.

Clickitt

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
21XX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolguy2010 said:
Get it on company letter head , signed by your line manager and stamped

It will work
Coolguy, that is the issue, company's policy does not allow this :( what to do ???

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Don't look from HR point of view.....I am saying get the print on company letter head ( you need to get company letter head) and signed by your colleague or line manager

Don't inform anybody that you have done this except your colleague who is signing it

If you cannot do this, get a email from your HR in writing that they don't provide reference letter and submit that. But in this case you are taking a risk for discrete decision to be made by Visa officer

Clickitt said:
Coolguy, that is the issue, company's policy does not allow this :( what to do ???

Clickitt

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
21XX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolguy2010 said:
Don't look from HR point of view.....I am saying get the print on company letter head ( you need to get company letter head) and signed by your colleague or line manager

Don't inform anybody that you have done this except your colleague who is signing it

If you cannot do this, get a email from your HR in writing that they don't provide reference letter and submit that. But in this case you are taking a risk for discrete decision to be made by Visa officer
Coolguy, I really appreciate your quick responses and thanks for bearing with me.

This is a big MNC and letterheads are in custody of HRs only :( yes mail I can get and attach that file.

Clickitt

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
21XX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Come on guys, experts pls comment..

kashka

May 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
23-07-2013 (PER)
File Transfer...
08-08-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
27-05-2014 Med's Received 06-06-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
03-04-2015
I would ask HR to write a letter explaining the policy and provide contact details for your immediate supervisor or director for reference. You can also ask your immediate supervisor or director to write and sign a letter. Just tell him or her that you require this to "visit" Canada.

fuad1980

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2014
LANDED..........
18 July 2014
Dear Clickitt,

One of my colleagues has also experienced the same issue with both his current and previous employer. He has done the following as per my recommendation:

1. Attach the appointment letter and last 3/6 months pay stubs of current employer.
2. In case of previous employer, attach the appointment letter and release letter/resignation acceptance letter.
3. Write a note in white paper explaining the situation that as per HR policy the company is unable to provide any reference letter. Mention at least 3 references from each employer, with whom CIC can contact in case they need further clarification or verification of your employment history.
4. Among the 3 referees 1 should be from HR department, 1 should be your previous/current direct supervisor and any other department manager level person.

I am confused what Coolguy2010 has recommended - this is not ethical. You should be very clear and transparent while applying - CIC will hopefully understand your situation.

Best of luck.

Regards,
Fuad

Reactions: Uvr

shripad

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-May-2013, PER received :29-Jul-2013,
AOR Received.
AOR: 05-Sep-2013, Processing started : 07-Mar-14
Med's Request
22-May-2014, RPRF Request : 22-May-2014
Med's Done....
24-May-2014 ; Medicals received : 02-Jun-2014; RPRF encashed 10-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
PPR 1 -18Jun2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Sept-2014
Clickitt said:
Hi this issue with most MNC companies...get a letter from your line manager/senior collegue/project manager on plane paper write all the details (as like company letterhead) write the collegues phone number designation etc and take his signature. You have to attach his visiting card with this letter .. this is fine .. once the CIC verifies your collegue has to tell all details about you properly .. thanks hope this will help

myluckyprincess

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
your employment contract that you and your employer/HR signed when they hired you.

your pay slips.

the explanation of your HR (just like what the others were saying)

cover letter/ your explanation, also stating the name of your boss who can be contacted to justify that you worked there)

Reactions: Uvr

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Clickitt said:
Dear All,

If your company has a "policy" of not providing reference letters that might be a very "good" sign that you and your company are not legitimate....well, that's how CIC may view it.

If not providing reference letters is indeed a matter of company policy as you have claim....then all you have to do is show CIC that this is indeed the company's official policy.

I take it this "policy" is stated somewhere in the company's handbook and that you have a copy of the company's handbook?

You have also indicated that your "current HR" won't provide you with the reference letter......this implies that previous HR normally would provide the reference letter?

Since your "current HR" does not provide reference letter you can get a letter from this "current HR" stating that its the company's policy that reference letters are not provided. Simply show this letter to CIC.

Your next best thing is to show your company contract to CIC.

alertjeba

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I too have the same situation.

It does not mean that company is not legit. Companies do have a policy were only HR team and/or Finance Team alone owns the rite to use a letter head to issue any king of statement.

So have all the other stuff like Offer Letter, Recent Payslips(I got for recent 6 months), Promotion or salary revision letter in place.
Additionally attach reference letters on executive bond paper Dated and Signed by Supervisor/Manager with business card attached.

I am not a expert, But this is What I had done for my application that was sent last week to CIC.

+ me if I was helpful

Regards
AJ