Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 28, 2015
Passport Req..
July 9, 2015
off topic:

why do you have to include the " + me... "? i just think it would be best if others initiate doing it, not telling others to do it for you.

though the good part of it is that the newbies would learn about it.

alertjeba said:
+ me if I was helpful

Regards
AJ

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
alertjeba said:
I too have the same situation.

It does not mean that company is not legit. Companies do have a policy were only HR team and/or Finance Team alone owns the rite to use a letter head to issue any king of statement.

So have all the other stuff like Offer Letter, Recent Payslips(I got for recent 6 months), Promotion or salary revision letter in place.
Additionally attach reference letters on executive bond paper Dated and Signed by Supervisor/Manager with business card attached.

I am not a expert, But this is What I had done for my application that was sent last week to CIC.

+ me if I was helpful

Regards
AJ
+1, also sometimes I wonder why people are so worried about this exp letter, all you need to send is just a copy not original so....;)

rinash

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Clickitt said:
Come on guys, experts pls comment..
If i were you then i would ask for my colleague to sign the letter for me, may that be a plain paper. Because CIC says that even you can justify your experience yourself (if not affiliated to any organization). For your case, your colleague might have business card, attach it with the letter too and also your JD and contract letter that you were provided!!

rajeeve6600

Star Member
Dec 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
AOR Received.
October 2013
Med's Request
February 2014
Passport Req..
February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
By Jesus's grace , May 2014
Clickitt said:
Coolguy, I really appreciate your quick responses and thanks for bearing with me.

This is a big MNC and letterheads are in custody of HRs only :( yes mail I can get and attach that file.
I worked for 2 MNC's in the past and still working with another MNC , in IT field.
As far as i know, and well, i did, they issued the reference letter in the format i demanded.
So this seems to be strange for me.

Please note that the companies cannot deny you a reference letter. If they say that its their policy, y cant u ask them to send u the policy document mentioning the point.

Iam pretty sure that there wont be any policy.... :D

Clickitt

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
21XX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajeeve6600 said:
I worked for 2 MNC's in the past and still working with another MNC , in IT field.
As far as i know, and well, i did, they issued the reference letter in the format i demanded.
So this seems to be strange for me.

Please note that the companies cannot deny you a reference letter. If they say that its their policy, y cant u ask them to send u the policy document mentioning the point.

Iam pretty sure that there wont be any policy.... :D
rajeeve6600, thanks for views. They have this policy in place, when asked them they sent me a link with details about this policy, which clearly mentioned that HR or line managers cant issue any reference letters for employees in India, yes I can attach that mail and policy print out with my application.

Clickitt

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
21XX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fuad1980 said:
Dear Clickitt,

One of my colleagues has also experienced the same issue with both his current and previous employer. He has done the following as per my recommendation:

1. Attach the appointment letter and last 3/6 months pay stubs of current employer.
2. In case of previous employer, attach the appointment letter and release letter/resignation acceptance letter.
3. Write a note in white paper explaining the situation that as per HR policy the company is unable to provide any reference letter. Mention at least 3 references from each employer, with whom CIC can contact in case they need further clarification or verification of your employment history.
4. Among the 3 referees 1 should be from HR department, 1 should be your previous/current direct supervisor and any other department manager level person.

I am confused what Coolguy2010 has recommended - this is not ethical. You should be very clear and transparent while applying - CIC will hopefully understand your situation.

Best of luck.

Regards,
Fuad
Thanks fuad, it makes sense.supervisor and HR, is a big pain :( though senior colleagues are ready to provide on plain paper. to fulfill points 1,2 3 is not a problem at all.

Clickitt

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
21XX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shripad said:
Hi this issue with most MNC companies...get a letter from your line manager/senior collegue/project manager on plane paper write all the details (as like company letterhead) write the collegues phone number designation etc and take his signature. You have to attach his visiting card with this letter .. this is fine .. once the CIC verifies your collegue has to tell all details about you properly .. thanks hope this will help
thanks shripad, it helps. seniors colleagues are ready to provide on plain paper and they can attend any queries as well.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Clickitt, tomorrow if you are resigning from company , then they would provide experience/reference letter or not ?

To get experience letter is right of employee and it cannot be denied

Clickitt said:
Thanks fuad, it makes sense.supervisor and HR, is a big pain :( though senior colleagues are ready to provide on plain paper. to fulfill points 1,2 3 is not a problem at all.

Clickitt

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
21XX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolguy2010 said:
Clickitt, tomorrow if you are resigning from company , then they would provide experience/reference letter or not ?

coolguy2010, my past 3 companies have already denied to provide reference letter, and I have their mails (from their official mail ids) which states that as per their business policy they cannot provide reference letter!!! dear, how can we challenge them now :(

Clickitt

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
21XX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Clickitt said:
coolguy2010, my past 3 companies have already denied to provide reference letter, and I have their mails (from their official mail ids) which states that as per their business policy they cannot provide reference letter!!! dear, how can we challenge them now :(
Moreover, I checked on CEC thread as well and people who are working in Canada, are also facing this issue!!!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t122673.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t94031.0.html

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
coolguy2010 said:

You are right, but this right is supposed to be exercised while leaving a company..meaning while leaving the company one should get his exp cert. it's not an easy task to get exp cert from the companies where you had been working previously, employers are usually reluctant...yes if you have some good terms with your old bosses, they could be helpful otherwise just write down the job responsibilities on a piece of paper and attach all the possible proofs to show you have been working on such and such position and no harm in attaching the email correspondence that you have recently done with previous employers in which they denied the letter. This is the worst case scenarios when no option is left, however best thing would be to SOMEHOW get one, cheers

Clickitt

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
21XX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasni said:
You are right, but this right is supposed to be exercised while leaving a company..meaning while leaving the company one should get his exp cert. it's not an easy task to get exp cert from the companies where you had been working previously, employers are usually reluctant...yes if you have some good terms with your old bosses, they could be helpful otherwise just write down the job responsibilities on a piece of paper and attach all the possible proofs to show you have been working on such and such position and no harm in attaching the email correspondence that you have recently done with previous employers in which they denied the letter. This is the worst case scenarios when no option is left, however best thing would be to SOMEHOW get one, cheers
If anybody is leaving at good note, employers definitely provide exp certificate which just mentions name, emp id, start date, end date and latest designation, challenge here is to get letter which provides complete/high level job Responsibilities which an employee performed during his service tenure.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
alertjeba said:

It does not mean that company is not legit. Companies do have a policy were only HR team and/or Finance Team alone owns the rite to use a letter head to issue any king of statement.

So have all the other stuff like Offer Letter, Recent Payslips(I got for recent 6 months), Promotion or salary revision letter in place.
Additionally attach reference letters on executive bond paper Dated and Signed by Supervisor/Manager with business card attached.

I am not a expert, But this is What I had done for my application that was sent last week to CIC.

+ me if I was helpful

Regards
AJ

It does not matter what we think it means, all that matters is what CIC thinks.

alertjeba said:
It does not mean that company is not legit.

This policy of only HR and/or Finance being able to use a letter head on any kind of company statement is probably the same policy that most companies around the world have, there is nothing wrong with that policy...........but that is not the problem that Clickitt has.

alertjeba said:
Companies do have a policy were only HR team and/or Finance Team alone owns the rite to use a letter head to issue any king of statement.
Clickitt is perfectly ok with the letter being written and issued by HR......the problem Clickitt has is that HR won't write/issue the letter.

The policy of the HR dept. at Clickitt's company is to not write/issue reference letters.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Clickitt said:
rajeeve6600, thanks for views. They have this policy in place, when asked them they sent me a link with details about this policy, which clearly mentioned that HR or line managers cant issue any reference letters for employees in India, yes I can attach that mail and policy print out with my application.

This "no issue of reference letter" policy at your company seems very strange, especially if this is a MNC.

Are you sure you legally work for the company?

What I mean is, is it possible you actually legally work for a "job agency" (or some other third party company) with your day-to-day work assignment being at the MNC?

If you legally work for a "job agency" (or some other third party company) then...you don;t actually work for the MNC....even if your day-to-day work assignment is at the MNC office.

For example, lets say you legally/contractually work for a ABC Job Agency as a tech support engineer but ABC Job Agency actually assigns you to work at XYZ MultiNationalCorp...........The HR dept. at XYZ MultiNationalCorp cannot issue you a reference letter....because you do not work for XYZ MultiNationalCorp.

At best, maybe your managers at XYZ MultiNationalCorp could issue you with a "character reference" letter to say ".....you were a good contractor/consultant etc, etc, etc". Note I did not say ".....you were a good employee"

neel-here

Champion Member
May 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per my two previous employers, they provide a 'Standard Letter' (Relieving letter/ service certificate/ work ex whatever title you want to give it)- the Standard Letter includes my name, date of joining, date of relieving, last designation, etc..It doesn't include main job duties, no of hrs worked etc, neither it is mentioned there in my Offer letter. (I did request to their HR's but they declined "on email" -as per co. policy only Standard letter, no such reference letter will be provided.. literally meaning lenaa ho to lo nahi to g ** nd m a *a o (they don't care what is your requirement or CIC- they just want to peacefully manage their HR deptt and thousands of existing & past employees)

As per CIC it is must to have a 'Reference Letter' with details of job duties, no of hrs worked etc, neither it is mentioned in my Relieving letter nor in my Offer letter. None of colleagues/ supervisor are currently working with these co... (given, the high turnover in the industry, most of them have switched jobs & multiple jobs)... now how should I myself tell CIC about my main job duties, given the fact that I'm claiming my eligibility for FSW under the given NOC on the basis of same job duties) .