+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recent PR renewal April-May 2014 Timeline

torontonianguy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
valp said:
Guys,

When you apply for renewal, do you receive your new PR cards by email?

I applied for my Mom's PR card renewal in June and now the status is In Process.
There is a link to click on to see details about the process and when I look at the details of the DECISION MADE status it reads:

DECISION MADE
Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. You will be informed of the decision.
If your application is approved, you will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the CIC office closest to you.
If your application is rejected, you will be notified of the decision by mail.

Hence, it tells me that my Mom needs to go pick up the card from the CIC office. I don't see an option to get it mailed to the home address.
And I am really concerned because my Mom is currently out of the country.

What is your experience?

Hats-off to your brain !
Folks.....PR cards in email ?hainnnn ?
Discovery !

bonty

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AUH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
Doc's Request.
27-02-2014
AOR Received.
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
LANDED..........
01-11-2014
valp said:
Guys,

When you apply for renewal, do you receive your new PR cards by email?

I applied for my Mom's PR card renewal in June and now the status is In Process.
There is a link to click on to see details about the process and when I look at the details of the DECISION MADE status it reads:

DECISION MADE
Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. You will be informed of the decision.
If your application is approved, you will be notified by mail within four weeks and invited to pick up your card at the CIC office closest to you.
If your application is rejected, you will be notified of the decision by mail.

Hence, it tells me that my Mom needs to go pick up the card from the CIC office. I don't see an option to get it mailed to the home address.
And I am really concerned because my Mom is currently out of the country.

What is your experience?
Your status still shows in process, wait for the decision made status. 95% of PR card are mailed 5% are randomly selected for quality assurance.

valp

Nov 5, 2014
bonty said:
Your status still shows in process, wait for the decision made status. 95% of PR card are mailed 5% are randomly selected for quality assurance.
Thank you bonty!!!

Today the status on the website shows Completed. :)

Does anyone know if I can call CIC and ask them how my Mom will receive the card: by mail or at the local CIC office?

valp

Nov 5, 2014
valp said:
Thank you bonty!!!

Today the status on the website shows Completed. :)

Does anyone know if I can call CIC and ask them how my Mom will receive the card: by mail or at the local CIC office?
I mean: would they give me this info?
It is critical to know this asap because I have bought her a ticket to fly to Canada - if she would receive the card by mail, I would want change the flight for a later date.

carbo

May 29, 2014
KrisR said:
Hi Carbo,

I have been following your case pretty closely - I am going to be renewing my PR soon - My case is a little different than yours though.
I work in Detroit but live in Windsor ( I have more than 750 days in Canada already) ....

Couple of Quick questions -

1.) What were you asked to submit in the RQ ( Health Records , Exits and Entries ??)
2.) What were you asked in the land crossing when you traveled with an expired PR card ( Did you need to show anything other than the COPR , like renewal application fee, status ) ? Specifically what questions..?

At least one silver lining ,is that the Windsor and London office usually are quick (from what i have heard) and it usually takes about 6 months for a Citizenship application .. way much faster than other offices.. but not sure on the PR renewal ..
Hello Kris, a little late but here are my answers
1) There is a standard 3 page questionnaire, basic infor like name address work status, list absences, etc.
For me there were 2 extra pages of custom questions: -List PRESENT days as well as ABSENCES (for me each of them took 8 pages to list). List where your immediate family members live, dont know why this is relevant for MY application. but ok whatever.
2) Yes I had COPR, Expired card, which YOU MUST HAVE WITH YOU. I also had a print out of application status from CIC website, and confirmation of employment from my employer. Which always helped, sometimes they stopped questioning me further when they saw these two. But sometimes they still dragged on and on and on (specifcs of job responsibilities, where exactly in the city you live, tell me what route you took, etc!)

carbo

May 29, 2014
carbo said:
Hi everyone,

applied with urgent processing first week of april, and it was received the same week.
Aug 17 I have received a Residency Questionnaire. :mad:
dont know how long i should expect this to take...
Guys here is an update! I have received my RENEWAL today. timeline
1) April first week: applied for PR Renewal (URGENT) and Citizenship
2) August 17: Received RQ for PR Renewal, sent it in 7 days
3) September 2nd week: Received another RQ for Citizenship, completed in 7 days.
3) Oct 1, received a letter dated september 19: Renewal approved by local office, application forwarded to Sydney for issuance of card.
4) Nov 10: received new PR card!!

An important note: The CIC website application was NEVER updated ever since april.

All in all it took these guys 7 months to give me a new card which was "URGENT processing". Hard to believe you are in a first world country when this kind of delay happens for a simple renewal. I was also informed on the phone last week my citizenship application processing might take until 2017 to be finalized.

best of luck if anybody in this timeline is still waiting.

yuz

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
I have applied in late Oct., there is still nothing in ecas.

cannot wait for six months, just applied again using urgent processing, hopefully I can get it in Dec.

My uncle applied under urgent processing late Sept, got the new card in two weeks.