+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received letter from CIC asking to send in Quebec undertaking, CSQ needed???

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
Hello,

We just received a letter from CIC saying that we need to send in a Quebec undertaking to MICC since we reside in Quebec. The letter also states:

"Since you reside in the Province of Quebec, you must submit a certificate of “Selection du Quebec” from the Ministère de l’immigration et des communautés culturelles for the person whom you are sponsoring."

My wife does not have a CSQ, what do we do?

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
princesultan said:
Hello,

We just received a letter from CIC saying that we need to send in a Quebec undertaking to MICC since we reside in Quebec. The letter also states:

"Since you reside in the Province of Quebec, you must submit a certificate of “Selection du Quebec” from the Ministère de l'immigration et des communautés culturelles for the person whom you are sponsoring."

My wife does not have a CSQ, what do we do?
Hi,
Is your wife a sponsored person (Applicant)? If so, yes, she needs to get CSQ.
In the client letter, there is the next URL. www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca
Just click it and go to the section Sponsors and Sponsored Pesrons. Here is the section.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/index.html
Please read it and follow the instructions.

You can find 'INFORMATION' and it says that Have you received the letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada inviting you to continue your sponsorship process with the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles? If so, download the appropriate undertaking application kit.

Download the undertaking application, fill them out in FRENCH, then send them with a photocopy of the client letter to MICC.

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
Yes but the letter states that we must send in the CSQ in less than 3 months! Is this even feasible???

SHALOM8180

Dec 18, 2012
princesultan said:
Yes but the letter states that we must send in the CSQ in less than 3 months! Is this even feasible???
yes, if you do it very fast, in just less than 3 weeks, if all is well, you will receive it, then you can email them to your Visa office...I did the whole thing for my husband and I got the certificate in exactly 21 days..good luck

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
princesultan said:
Don't worry. You just send applications and some documents which are requested as soon as possible.

Did you download the undertaking applications kit? In 'SPONSOR'S GUIDE',
7. WHAT STEPS COME NEXT?
In its Declaration of Client Services, the MICC made a commitment to issue a decision within
20 business days of receiving an application containing all the duly completed forms and
supporting items required.

So, after sending your application to MICC, maybe after 1 month or so, they will send you a letter with Your wife's CSQ. MICC also send the CSQ information to CIC directly. You don't need to send it to CIC. But I recommend you to confirm whether CIC receives it.

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
and to confirm, if i'm sponsoring my wife who is living in quebec, then i would fill out these forms?

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/undertaking-application/kit-a.html

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
princesultan said:
and to confirm, if i'm sponsoring my wife who is living in quebec, then i would fill out these forms?

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/undertaking-application/kit-a.html
Yes. You choose Kit A and download them. Good Luck! ;)

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
ok great. filling them out now. the application for the CSQ gets sent WITH the undertaking application correct?

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
princesultan said:
ok great. filling them out now. the application for the CSQ gets sent WITH the undertaking application correct?
You mean Formulaire d'engagement (A-0546-GF)? Yes.

You enclose
Payment by credit card (A-0591-A) (If you want to pay the fee by credit card)
a copy of the client letter from CIC
2 copies of Formulaire d'engagement (A-0546-GF)
Application for selection cretificate (A-0520-BA)
Proof of your status in Canada

Please look at 'Checklist'. Don't forget to sign. ;)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
MICC (Québec Immigration) sends you two copies of the CSQ, and they send one to CIC for you at the same time. We just submitted the undertaking and never had to send anything else to CIC. I did follow up with CIC, though, to ensure they received the CSQ from MICC.

omideiran

Nov 17, 2013
I'm the sponsored person and my wife is PR of Quebec. We got the email from CIC and we are going to send the required forms to MICC. My wife has a daughter from her previous marriage living with her in Montreal. However, I don't have any kid.
Now, I have a question about the "Application for Selection Certificate – Family class" form (A-0520-BA). In section 3, Identity information on family members of the principal sponsored person, should I leave it blank or I have to write my wife and her daughter's information? I could not find any instructions in the guide file.