+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

HiCan

Mar 29, 2017
They sometimes do ask PCC if the stay is close to 6 months, say 5 months. Its purely upon discretion types.

Call and tell them about the request decline and ask what needs to be done next. You cannot argue based on the fact that you stayed only for 5 months and you are not required to get PCC.
Thank you !
I just called CIC, he told me to upload a LOE alongwith the Decline screenshot and upto officer's discretion. I can only hope the officer accepts it. There is no other option, since the Singapore website does not provide COC for less that 6 months stay.

vick77

Sep 15, 2017
Hello friends, I have an issue here. Please help ......

My SG PCC was issued with incorrect start date which is 3 days after my actual entry date into Singapore. It is matching with employment pass start date.
I do not remember whether I only put that date during the PCC/COC request or may be Singapore officer might have put it deliberately. However the immigration stamp on my passport has a date 3 days older.

Would CIC reject it because start date on PCC is 3 days later than actual entry date ?

Colonial

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Hi Members,

It seems that even after Receiving ITA and providing all necessary documents the probability of rejection are high.

@Wandering Mind your valuable advice/suggestions are much appreciated in this regards. The word application CANCELLED is fearing, they are not responding back saying a particular document is missing or so forth.

Appreciate if any valuable members have gone pass smoothly through these processes and obtained visa to share there experience and advice, this may help others.

Thanks

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi Members,

It seems that even after Receiving ITA and providing all necessary documents the probability of rejection are high.

@Wandering Mind your valuable advice/suggestions are much appreciated in this regards. The word application CANCELLED is fearing, they are not responding back saying a particular document is missing or so forth.

Appreciate if any valuable members have gone pass smoothly through these processes and obtained visa to share there experience and advice, this may help others.

Thanks
I am in the same boat as you. The only additional document they requested from me was the RPRF payment receipt. But heard nothing else so far and my application says "No Additional Documents Needed" But even so, you can never tell what might happen. I'm "hallucinating" errors in my application even though it's as straightforward as can be.

Reactions: Colonial

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi Members,

Thanks
You've nothing to worry about as long as you've followed CIC's instructions carefully and uploaded every document that was asked for.

I can't speak for others but I'm happy that I tried my best to give CIC everything it wanted. The outcome of my application is not in my hands anymore so I've decided to sit back and let the process take its own sweet time.

If I get PPR, I'll do a little dance around the room and start packing my bags. If I get rejected, I'll take comfort from the fact that I did everything I could and then I'll start working on Plan B.

Good luck to us. Hope we all land in Canada sooner or later.

Colonial

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
You've nothing to worry about as long as you've followed CIC's instructions carefully and uploaded every document that was asked for.

I can't speak for others but I'm happy that I tried my best to give CIC everything it wanted. The outcome of my application is not in my hands anymore so I've decided to sit back and let the process take its own sweet time.

If I get PPR, I'll do a little dance around the room and start packing my bags. If I get rejected, I'll take comfort from the fact that I did everything I could and then I'll start working on Plan B.

Good luck to us. Hope we all land in Canada sooner or later.

@Wandering Mind ,

Nice and motivating advice , please keep posted on your progress. I wish you the very best.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Colonial

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Hi Members,
Need a advive, i have a PCC from india, issued a mnth back, but it has Newzealand written on it, instaed of canada, will that be a problem fr me.
And coming to my USA pcc its being issued a 8 mnths back, is there any validity fr PCC?
Please suggest!!!

Canadian_Iam

May 29, 2017
I have submitted my PR application (e-APR) recently. I am wondering if CIC calls/emails employer for verification.

My concerns are:
1.What sort of queries does CIC make to employer?
2.Does CIC also ask about applicant's family information to employer?
3.Should I inform my employer upfront about all these possibilities?
4.What if my employer unintentionally provide wrong information about my employment/family information?

Appreciate in advance for any valuable thoughts. @BillHyatt @Wandering Mind

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
I have submitted my PR application (e-APR) recently. I am wondering if CIC calls/emails employer for verification.

My concerns are:
4.What if my employer unintentionally provide wrong information about my employment/family information?

I don't know anybody who's employer received a call from CIC. However some applicants on this forum have reported that their employers got calls from CIC to verify their employment.

If it makes you feel better, let your employers know that CIC may or may not call them. However, I wouldn't bother if I were you because I anyway don't have a say in what former employers choose to share with CIC.

As far as unintentional "wrong" information is concerned, I don't think CIC will take your employer's word for it without evidence.

I don't know the exact nature of these calls but it appears that CIC only calls when they can't verify the existence of a company through regular internet searches.

As long as you've done nothing wrong and all your paperwork is genuine, you've nothing to worry about.

Good luck.

Canadian_Iam

May 29, 2017
I don't know anybody who's employer received a call from CIC. However some applicants on this forum have reported that their employers got calls from CIC to verify their employment.

If it makes you feel better, let your employers know that CIC may or may not call them. However, I wouldn't bother if I were you because I anyway don't have a say in what former employers choose to share with CIC.

As far as unintentional "wrong" information is concerned, I don't think CIC will take your employer's word for it without evidence.

I don't know the exact nature of these calls but it appears that CIC only calls when they can't verify the existence of a company through regular internet searches.

As long as you've done nothing wrong and all your paperwork is genuine, you've nothing to worry about.

Good luck.
Thank you so much for such detailed insights :)

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto

My concerns are:

Usually employers receive calls in INDIA because it is simple for them to connect with them.

However, CIC will call your employer if they don't have any website or there is not sufficient data available to proove that employer actually exists. If they are satisfied and are able to locate using google maps then mostly they will give positive verdict.

CIC will ask employer about you and what you used to do. Does an applicant is relative or family member of owners of the firm? What was the nature of work and number of hours worked?

If CIC needs further investigation then you will be called for an interview.

I hope this will help.

Colonial

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Thank you for the good wishes.

I've passed my medicals on Sep 1st, IP1 and NA2 on Sep 2nd.
@Wandering Mind ,

Good to hear that!.. I have one ☝ query, regarding spouse's Police clearance certificate as its taking a while to come coz its from FBI usa. I thought of submitteing LOE stating I have applied for one along with parcel tracking number details. I hope that would suffice and buy me extra time. Please suggest ..

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
@Wandering Mind ,

Good to hear that!.. I have one ☝ query, regarding spouse's Police clearance certificate as its taking a while to come coz its from FBI usa. I thought of submitteing LOE stating I have applied for one along with parcel tracking number details. I hope that would suffice and buy me extra time. Please suggest ..
Some members who've done this have suggested that it's better to submit your PR application closer to the deadline (a week or 10 days before the due date) along with LOE and evidence that you've applied for FBI PCC (receipt, tracking number etc).

In most cases, applicants who've done this have got an extension of 60 days to submit the FBI PCC.

Good luck.

Reactions: lino82 and Colonial

deepaksisodia079

Star Member
May 3, 2017
NOC Code......
I stayed in usa for 5 months and 27 days,as per the guidelines mentioned by CIC it is less than 6 months but i have anyways sent my figerprints to FBI.

Should i wait for the PCC to come or submitt and if CIC asks for PCC then only provide it.