+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Galen6 said:
Dear Friends,

Thank you for your valuable advices, I find this topic very useful and I have already started to read the comments from the beginning but there are plenty of them so I am still reading. I hope you don’t mind if I ask you two questions.

My husband got an ITA with the last draw and two sensitive questions came up regarding my part in his application.

1. My IELTS exam will expire in September. If we didn’t get the Permanent Resident Card until then (because the application would be still in progress) will it make us uneligeble? If yes, can it be a solution to take another IELTS exam during the summer and send the document using a CSE?

2. I forgot to put a one-month-long job into my work experience. It was full-time and I don’t claim any points for it, it wouldn’t even matter regarding the CRS points. Should I put it into my work history or is it enough to put it into my Personal History where they say there shouldn’t be any gaps? Could this lead to a rejection?

Thank you very much for your help!
2. No adverse effect on your app by skipping it from work history and putting it in the personal history

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
Galen6 said:
Dear Friends,

Thank you for your valuable advices, I find this topic very useful and I have already started to read the comments from the beginning but there are plenty of them so I am still reading. I hope you don’t mind if I ask you two questions.

My husband got an ITA with the last draw and two sensitive questions came up regarding my part in his application.

1. My IELTS exam will expire in September. If we didn’t get the Permanent Resident Card until then (because the application would be still in progress) will it make us uneligeble? If yes, can it be a solution to take another IELTS exam during the summer and send the document using a CSE?

2. I forgot to put a one-month-long job into my work experience. It was full-time and I don’t claim any points for it, it wouldn’t even matter regarding the CRS points. Should I put it into my work history or is it enough to put it into my Personal History where they say there shouldn’t be any gaps? Could this lead to a rejection?

Thank you very much for your help!
1. You are good to go. Nothing to worry.
2. Mention all the gaps in the personal history section.

app4ee

Feb 13, 2017
Hello friends,

if iam getting married after receving an ITA then according to some suggestions it is best to add spouse name after receving e-Apr, so my question is that do i have to tell them that i got married before E-apr and added the name later or do i have to postpone the marriage untill im getting E-apr, confused alot help me in this. appreciate your valuable replies.
]

Xpress_Ram

Feb 6, 2017
KRahman said:
hello everyone..I am preparing my documents for submitting Eapr.. i have started my full time work two month before my graduation as i was doing final year internship with a company and they recruited me directly from that.
1. So my questions is should it create any problem as i started full time work before graduation? i have all the documents though.

2. My undergrad ended on October of 2013 but my certificate was issued nearly after six months. So i have put October 2013 on the section "the day you obtained qualification for working professionally". Is it okay ? as far as i know all universities worldwide issues certificate after few months from graduation date. and it's also mentioned on my certificate that "Mr. X has completed all the requirement of the degree in Fall 2013...".

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I have the same question, i passed out my distance education MCA in December 2005 , but i started working before 6 months from July 2005?
should i mention December 2005 as qualified date but my work experience start from july 2005, Please advise?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Xpress_Ram said:
I have the same question, i passed out my distance education MCA in December 2005 , but i started working before 6 months from July 2005?
should i mention December 2005 as qualified date but my work experience start from july 2005, Please advise?
Many of us have this variance between finishing date and the actual date on the certificate.

In your case it doesn't really matter since this happened over 10 years ago. I'm sure you have more than 3 years experience since then.

So not to worry.

hanin142

Jul 30, 2016
Dubai
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/11/2016
Doc's Request.
01/03/2017 ITA
AOR Received.
14/03/2017
Ezgi84 said:
You are welcome, I am not an expert but I will just try to answer your questions based on what I have learned so far :)

If you are claiming points for it (meaning if you are mentioning them in your work history and if your chosen primary NOC code is one of them) yes you need to upload the reference letter... If you are not claiming points for these then just mention them in your personal history...

If your reference letter mentions most of the points related to the chosen NOC code then dont worry... the important point is to mention the majority of the duties listed there...

So if I mention the extra work experience ( over and above the 3 years I require ), and I do not provide complete docs, will I get a rejection even though I have provided complete docs for my other work ex and substantiate my claim for max points. I am only mentioning this in the work history just in case they disqualify my proper work ex with complete docs.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
hanin142 said:
So if I mention the extra work experience ( over and above the 3 years I require ), and I do not provide complete docs, will I get a rejection even though I have provided complete docs for my other work ex and substantiate my claim for max points. I am only mentioning this in the work history just in case they disqualify my proper work ex with complete docs.
any experience that you are entering in work experience section, you need to provide reference letters. And yes, your application can be rejected if the officer doesn't find your supporting documents complete.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
app4ee said:
Hello friends,

if iam getting married after receving an ITA then according to some suggestions it is best to add spouse name after receving e-Apr, so my question is that do i have to tell them that i got married before E-apr and added the name later or do i have to postpone the marriage untill im getting E-apr, confused alot help me in this. appreciate your valuable replies.
]
If your marriage will be done before your E-APR (including on the same day as E-APR), your points will be recalculated as if you were married on the day of ITA.
If you will marry after E-APR, your points will be kept untouched.
So if you feel that as married you might fall under draw requirement postpone it until after submitting your application. You can still change family composition after. Be ready for medicals and PCC for your spouse as well.

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
I just received this email that your application is with NDVO / Local Visa Office. Does that mean it has crossed A.112 and R10 review, It has been 3.5 months! What are chances of rejection provided that I have informed all my employers now and they will reply to phone call / email by CIC / Canadian Embassy?

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
hanin142 said:

Thinking that you are a FSW applicant;

Lets say you have over 3 years work experience and you provided enough supporting documents for the 3 years and lets think that your NOC code matches your duties... then you dont have to mention other experiences because 3 years is the most you can get from that section of CRS.... just put them in personal history

but if you still want to show the other experiences as well and if those references do not match with their NOC code or smt then no you wont get rejected because you already have the other 3 year one satisfying the requirement (again this is imagining that you have a reference letter matching you NOC and if everything else is ok and you are sure it wont get rejected by the VO)...however you should also think about the FSW grid when you are doing this calculation, because FSW grid works different than CRS and you should have at least 67/100 from that.... and FSW does not maximize at 3 years...

So to make it short, firstly check; if it doesnt make a difference in FSW grid points (meaning it wont put you below 67/100) and if it is the maximum that you will receive from CRS, then yes provide 3 year experience.... anything else wont get you any points and no it wont cause you to get rejected as well.... because you wont be getting any additional points for them, so you wont be loosing anything if they do not satisfy the reference requirement or smt.... but ofcourse if you dont have any document regarding those, dont put it .....

However you have to be sure that the documents that you have provided for these 3 years and your primary NOC code should be satisfying enough , otherwise if that gets rejected then that is when your application gets rejected...

I hope I got your question right ...

hanin142

Jul 30, 2016
Dubai
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/11/2016
Doc's Request.
01/03/2017 ITA
AOR Received.
14/03/2017
Ezgi84 said:
Thinking that you are a FSW applicant;

Lets say you have over 3 years work experience and you provided enough supporting documents for the 3 years and lets think that your NOC code matches your duties... then you dont have to mention other experiences because 3 years is the most you can get from that section of CRS.... just put them in personal history

but if you still want to show the other experiences as well and if those references do not match with their NOC code or smt then no you wont get rejected because you already have the other 3 year one satisfying the requirement (again this is imagining that you have a reference letter matching you NOC and if everything else is ok and you are sure it wont get rejected by the VO)...however you should also think about the FSW grid when you are doing this calculation, because FSW grid works different than CRS and you should have at least 67/100 from that.... and FSW does not maximize at 3 years...

So to make it short, firstly check; if it doesnt make a difference in FSW grid points (meaning it wont put you below 67/100) and if it is the maximum that you will receive from CRS, then yes provide 3 year experience.... anything else wont get you any points and no it wont cause you to get rejected as well.... because you wont be getting any additional points for them, so you wont be loosing anything if they do not satisfy the reference requirement or smt.... but ofcourse if you dont have any document regarding those, dont put it .....

However you have to be sure that the documents that you have provided for these 3 years and your primary NOC code should be satisfying enough , otherwise if that gets rejected then that is when your application gets rejected...

I hope I got your question right ...
yes ! you got my question bang on :) . I have over 12 years experience for which I have gathered docs. In the major part of my experience which is 8.5 years, I feel matching the NOC might not be a problem with the job description but the salary is not mentioned. I do not have payslips for these either. Instead I have attached the online bank statements. So that's why I am a bit skeptical. I satisfy the the 67 points eligibility too. Even for POF, since I was not able to obtain the balance certificate, I have attached authenticated bank statements, no liability letter and some estatements from my other Indian accounts with FDs.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Is it bad that I'm now too scared to click "preview my score..." :p

I haven't changed anything but I'll be scared to hit it if it flashes up a low score ;)

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
kryt0n said:
Is it bad that I'm now too scared to click "preview my score..." :p

I haven't changed anything but I'll be scared to hit it if it flashes up a low score ;)
hahaha, very normal. It's called the fear of rejection.

It's still not working though, says, "Our system is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

hanin142

Jul 30, 2016
Dubai
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/11/2016
Doc's Request.
01/03/2017 ITA
AOR Received.
14/03/2017
vishalg said:
any experience that you are entering in work experience section, you need to provide reference letters. And yes, your application can be rejected if the officer doesn't find your supporting documents complete.
Hi Vishal,

this is a worry for me then. Whats your source for this info? Would you provide the links/post regarding the same.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
vishalg said:
hanin142 said:
Hi Vishal,

this is a worry for me then. Whats your source for this info? Would you provide the links/post regarding the same.
This is correct, read through this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Enter only what you are claiming points for and have reference letters for in employment history. Enter the rest in personal history where no evidence is required.

All the best