+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-appear in one more or modules only for IELTS (British Council) for score improvement

Arslan Ahmed

Aug 19, 2023
I have score 9 in listening, 8 in reading and 7 each in Writing and Speaking. To have a competitive CRS score I have to improve my band scores in writing and speaking.

And meanwhile i am afraid even though my writing and speaking scores may improve, i could potentially not achieve the same band score in reading and listening again.

Is there a way that i could only re-take my IELTS exam for selective modules to improve my scores?

PS. I have checked with British Council UAE and they confirm that i cannot retake only selective modules in UAE, to improve my scores i have to retake the complete IELTS exam.

Any suggestions are warmly welcomed.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have score 9 in listening, 8 in reading and 7 each in Writing and Speaking. To have a competitive CRS score I have to improve my band scores in writing and speaking.

And meanwhile i am afraid even though my writing and speaking scores may improve, i could potentially not achieve the same band score in reading and listening again.

Is there a way that i could only re-take my IELTS exam for selective modules to improve my scores?

PS. I have checked with British Council UAE and they confirm that i cannot retake only selective modules in UAE, to improve my scores i have to retake the complete IELTS exam.

No you cannot do this. IRCC doesn’t accept one module retakes for immigration purposes. It is right on the IRCC site stating so under Language Testing. You retake the whole test.

Reactions: Arslan Ahmed

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

No, you cannot retake just selective modules. You must retake the entire test. If your test results are lower, you can still use your first test results in your EE profile. However you cannot mix module results between two different tests. You can only use the results from one single full exam for your EE score.

Reactions: Arslan Ahmed

Shayini

Jan 29, 2024

Hey,

Could you please tell me how to score high band in reading and writing because I scored 7 in Reading and listening.