+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - STEM Draw

Krithika95

Dec 8, 2023
Anyone still waiting for ITA? My CRS score is 481, Software Engineer. I submitted my profile on November 2nd.

ash_786

Jun 25, 2021
I am starting a role in the STEM field. Do I need to gain 6 months of STEM experience to qualify for the draw? My current score is 489.

Are there any chances of ITA in 2024 general draws with 489 as the CRS score or STEM is a better option?

mudittchauhan

Jan 6, 2020
Hello all,

Congratulations to all who received the ITA today. I also got my ITA today with a 481 score.

Just need some help from you guys. My ECA from IQAS expired in August 2023, and even though I updated the same in my profile, my score didn't fluctuate after August 2023. Meanwhile starting June 2023, I applied for another ECA and after getting all my documents from all the universities, the ECA process got started in October with ICAS this time. So, now I have 60 days to submit all the documents, and now the only problem is, that I got this ITA with an expired ECA, and don't know what to do.

I am not able to find any similar case, so asking you guys for suggestions.

Thanks.

aalalapaai

Sep 12, 2023
But I'd like to say to everyone who has not gotten the invitation yet to start french. I started 85 days ago and have studied 220 hours so far. I've finished A1 after 180 hours and started A2 around 2 weeks ago.

I believe it's totally doable to get B2+ in french in a year. I also have a friend who did it in a year as well.
Yes, totally. I've made it to 16 addtl points (5 listening+reading, 3 writing, 1 speaking) in 8 months from 0 while also working full time.

And just got my ITA with 489 too :D congratulations to everyone else.

CanICT

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Can anyone provide detailed information about PCC. Are Walk-ins available in Toronto or an appointment is required, Typically how much time is being taken to provide certificate.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Can anyone provide detailed information about PCC. Are Walk-ins available in Toronto or an appointment is required, Typically how much time is being taken to provide certificate.
Someone I know recently went through BLS for PCC. Appointments are preferred, and they take only 15-25 people over walkins. You need to get in line at 4 AM to be safe. For every mistake in your doc, be prepared to pay $25 fees to BLS. Best of luck!

alfredJones

Dec 8, 2023
my score was 481 and when I checked one hour ago I already had the invite. although i've been in the pool for 8 months now.

what is your score and when did you join the pool?

if you joined before the tie break with 481 or you have anything higher you've been invited 100%. provided that there is no technical issues.

mine is 489 and i finally :Dgot my invite yesterday. joined the pool in Oct 2023

alfredJones

Dec 8, 2023
I am starting a role in the STEM field. Do I need to gain 6 months of STEM experience to qualify for the draw? My current score is 489.

Are there any chances of ITA in 2024 general draws with 489 as the CRS score or STEM is a better option?
it said 6 months till the starting of the stream(which was june-july period of this year). so i am not sure if current experience will make one eligible for it