+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - STEM Draw

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
Thread for all waiting for STEM draw!

Why do you think we had just 500 STEM invites as of now?

aalalapaai

Sep 12, 2023
Again no draw. What's going on, does anyone know?
What was them point in them announcing that 28-31% of invites will go to STEM workers, if there has been almost nothing at all?

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
Again no draw. What's going on, does anyone know?
What was them point in them announcing that 28-31% of invites will go to STEM workers, if there has been almost nothing at all?
What is more surprising, that even PNP are not being invited. Maybe IRCC modify category based programs or something else after Immigration minister change and have IT problems... Who knows.

nad_16

Star Member
Nov 19, 2022
What is more surprising, that even PNP are not being invited. Maybe IRCC modify category based programs or something else after Immigration minister change and have IT problems... Who knows.
It's really frustrating. It's been a whole month since the last draw, and we're uncertain about when they'll resume. With the increasing number of people added to the pool in the past month, there's a concern, that the competition will be intense, and the score required to qualify may skyrocket. It's indeed a challenging situation, and we can only hope for the best.

Also, creating a STEM category with only 500 ITAs can be frustrating and may not fully address the demand for putting separate category for STEM.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
It's really frustrating. It's been a whole month since the last draw, and we're uncertain about when they'll resume. With the increasing number of people added to the pool in the past month, there's a concern, that the competition will be intense, and the score required to qualify may skyrocket. It's indeed a challenging situation, and we can only hope for the best.
I know it doesn't help a lot, but look at some of us that are in the pool from 2019 and had to go through two large pauses after COVID and missing our chances time and time again. What we learned what that immigration is something that's out of our control. Unless we have a visa stamped on our passports, nothing is to be trusted. IRCC has always been inconsistent with their draws, rightfully so, as they never said they'll do a consistent roll-out.

Another thing to consider is the million+ TRVs that will eventually show up in the pool. It is either going to get "relatively unfair" or insane tough very soon. Best one can do is to overinvest into immigration while assuming that it might not workout.

• Sad
Reactions: nad_16

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
The saddest thing is miscommunication and lack of transparency from IRCC. Huge presentation of STEM opportunities and 500 invites since the beginning of summer. Start of category based draws and again long pause with draws...
Just a few comments from officials about what to expect can make this waiting time so much less frustrating...

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
The saddest thing is miscommunication and lack of transparency from IRCC. Huge presentation of STEM opportunities and 500 invites since the beginning of summer. Start of category based draws and again long pause with draws...
Just a few comments from officials about what to expect can make this waiting time so much less frustrating...
All of what I'll say is speculation, but from what I read Marc Miller is not on the same bandwidth as Sean Fraser was. Sean Fraser was similar to a churn and burn executive who chased KPIs like crazy on VC money. He left and I guess a lot of his plans are to be re-evaluated.

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
All of what I'll say is speculation, but from what I read Marc Miller is not on the same bandwidth as Sean Fraser was. Sean Fraser was similar to a churn and burn executive who chased KPIs like crazy on VC money. He left and I guess a lot of his plans are to be re-evaluated.
Re-evaluated in positive or negative way for newcomers? What do you expect?

aalalapaai

Sep 12, 2023
[rant] I am 489 and STEM and a month ago received an OINP notification of interest.

I really don't want to accept it, because well, I don't want to pay extra money and double the work on submitting documents etc. And I thought that I just needed to wait a little bit for the federal draw to come. Also it makes the process longer (but apparently not so much anymore, they now say it only takes them 3 months to process).

But now the situation is clearly changing, so this starts really creating serious doubts if it's the right choice.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
[rant] I am 489 and STEM and a month ago received an OINP notification of interest.

I really don't want to accept it, because well, I don't want to pay extra money and double the work on submitting documents etc. And I thought that I just needed to wait a little bit for the federal draw to come. Also it makes the process longer (but apparently not so much anymore, they now say it only takes them 3 months to process).

But now the situation is clearly changing, so this starts really creating serious doubts if it's the right choice.
Take the NOI. You are wasting an opportunity right there.

Reactions: scylla

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Re-evaluated in positive or negative way for newcomers? What do you expect?
Watched a video of PP saying Marc Miller doesn't agree with Sean Fraser's numbers. I think not a very positive way. Even me as a newcomer is feeling pretty odd given the shift in sentiment around immigration in Canada.