+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 75th Draw

PixelDust

Jul 27, 2017
Singapore
So - in theory, if new numbers are announced Oct 31, any draws from Nov 1 and onwards should be based on new numbers or will it be from Jan 1st onwards?
In 2017, they started sending 3200-3400 invites in 1st half and settling to 2700-2800 in the 3rd quarter.
I am hoping, bigger draws early on(Starting Nov or Jan) should bring down the CRS cutoff considerably - unless CIC has some imaginary cutoff and they manipulate intake to control the score to that score only.

Does anyone know why they don't make approx equal sized draws throughout the year?
In the reverse calculation ,all the variables were assumed as constants,
Few reasons i can think of-
1. The ITA unsuccess rate is variable
2.in The pool size the scores distribution is variable e.g. in last draw may be including 435 would have increased the ITAs to 3100-3200
3.Summer is vacation time so staff strength becomes variable

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto

walk_2_canada

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
One question , my passport is about to expire in an year Oct-2018.
I am currently awaiting ITA, as what point can i apply for a new passport, so that it doesn't affect the EE process ?

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
One question , my passport is about to expire in an year Oct-2018.
I am currently awaiting ITA, as what point can i apply for a new passport, so that it doesn't affect the EE process ?
I'd suggest updating it as soon as possible, so that when it's time to give them your passport, you already have the new one. We stayed in the pool while my husband's was being renewed,. and updated the number when it arrived.

delhitoottawa

Oct 23, 2017
Hi,

My child's passport is expiring in mid 2019. I am likely to create my EE profile by Dec. Should i be renewing my child's passport now? I am not even sure if the authorities renew passport 1.5 years in advance. Pls advice.

sysadmin141

Jul 18, 2017
NOC Code......
I'd suggest updating it as soon as possible, so that when it's time to give them your passport, you already have the new one. We stayed in the pool while my husband's was being renewed,. and updated the number when it arrived.
Does this mean that there's a minimum number of months for which one's passport must be valid at the point of PPR?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Few of us here pointing out to the number of ITAs issued this year and thinking that IRCC setting a CRS cap above 430 and purposely holding it. No this is not correct! If you understand the economic category immigration system of Canada then you should know that eligibility criteria is not based on high CRS scores it is purely based on six selection factors where you need to score 67/100 points (age, education, work experience, whether you have a valid job offer, English and/or French language skills and adaptability (how well you’re likely to settle there)). If a person scores minimum 67 points then he/she is eligible to join the Express Entry pool. CRS score only ranks a person based on his/her selection factors, it does not make some one more or less eligible than others. Just ability to speak good English or French can boost someone's score by 50 to 100 points, does it mean who is a masters or phd holder with 10 years of experience is less eligible than one who got invitation with high language proficiency but only with a bachelor degree and one year of experience? Certainly not.

It is true that they want people who can easily cope in the vibrant Canadian society however they must have also know that a skillful person with moderate language ability can also be very handy for their economic growth. This is the reason they have set that six selection factor 100 points as eligibility criteria not that Comprehensive Ranking Systems Points. It is just the capacity of their system to handle application and new entrants that made them to set a annual immigration target and number of ITAs per draw. One more point- if Ontario consider and send NOI all people at or above 400 and IT professional below 400 (who is eligible on six selection factors) are eligible to live and work in Canada then how on earth IRCC would cap people based on CRS points?

This draw system is such that it slowly but certainly will decrease over the time and invite everyone who is eligible and got moderate language ability, if not all with minimum eligibility. CRS score is not a criteria to be invited, it is the 100 point selection points which is important here so this CRS cutoff point is bound to go down to 400 and below. Just be patience and let the bottle neck clear up above 420, it is coming down soon!

Gur3392

Jul 6, 2017
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-04-2018
AOR Received.
08-04-2018

Jalolo

Sep 20, 2017
Malaysia
Few of us here pointing out to the number of ITAs issued this year and thinking that IRCC setting a CRS cap above 430 and purposely holding it. No this is not correct! If you understand the economic category immigration system of Canada then you should know that eligibility criteria is not based on high CRS scores it is purely based on six selection factors where you need to score 67/100 points (age, education, work experience, whether you have a valid job offer, English and/or French language skills and adaptability (how well you’re likely to settle there)). If a person scores minimum 67 points then he/she is eligible to join the Express Entry pool. CRS score only ranks a person based on his/her selection factors, it does not make some one more or less eligible than others. Just ability to speak good English or French can boost someone's score by 50 to 100 points, does it mean who is a masters or phd holder with 10 years of experience is less eligible than one who got invitation with high language proficiency but only with a bachelor degree and one year of experience? Certainly not.

It is true that they want people who can easily cope in the vibrant Canadian society however they must have also know that a skillful person with moderate language ability can also be very handy for their economic growth. This is the reason they have set that six selection factor 100 points as eligibility criteria not that Comprehensive Ranking Systems Points. It is just the capacity of their system to handle application and new entrants that made them to set a annual immigration target and number of ITAs per draw. One more point- if Ontario consider and send NOI all people at or above 400 and IT professional below 400 (who is eligible on six selection factors) are eligible to live and work in Canada then how on earth IRCC would cap people based on CRS points?

This draw system is such that it slowly but certainly will decrease over the time and invite everyone who is eligible and got moderate language ability, if not all with minimum eligibility. CRS score is not a criteria to be invited, it is the 100 point selection points which is important here so this CRS cutoff point is bound to go down to 400 and below. Just be patience and let the bottle neck clear up above 420, it is coming down soon!
Wow man standing ovation...awsome thoughts, praying for this to be the case for every one in sha Allah !!!

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes