01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Hello Everyone,

I need an important suggestion. My very good friend has done WES evaluation(4 years Bachelor Degree) and IELTS of CLB 10+. The only problem is that she has work experience of 1.5 years and she has to wait till december to get 2 years work ex.
Her CRS score is turning out to be 416 currently but she is not eligible for express entry pool as per come to canada tool as that requires 2 years.
Would you suggest to create an EE profile despite come to canada tool suggesting that she is not yet eligible until she completes 2 years of work ex?
Thanks in advance :)
Express entry requires at least one year of work experience. I'm not sure why is it saying 2 years. o_O
@camaro_lover check your FSW points if it is equal or more than 67/100 with 1 year work experience. This may be the reason you are not eligible.

chr0

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I need an important suggestion. My very good friend has done WES evaluation(4 years Bachelor Degree) and IELTS of CLB 10+. The only problem is that she has work experience of 1.5 years and she has to wait till december to get 2 years work ex.
Her CRS score is turning out to be 416 currently but she is not eligible for express entry pool as per come to canada tool as that requires 2 years.
Would you suggest to create an EE profile despite come to canada tool suggesting that she is not yet eligible until she completes 2 years of work ex?
She'll probably get nominated by Ontario as soon as they open that stream again, so my suggestion would be to at least wait until OINP opens up and then create a profile, which will be probably be around that time. Even if it is earlier she'll have 3 months to furnish documents which will make her eligible.

Although on second thought, I'm not sure if work experience is to be counted until the day you get the ITA or at the time of furnishing documents. Maybe someone else wants to chime in.

Reactions: iluvtomorrowland

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
She'll probably get nominated by Ontario as soon as they open that stream again, so my suggestion would be to at least wait until OINP opens up and then create a profile, which will be probably be around that time. Even if it is earlier she'll have 3 months to furnish documents which will make her eligible.

Although on second thought, I'm not sure if work experience is to be counted until the day you get the ITA or at the time of furnishing documents. Maybe someone else wants to chime in.
I believe if Canada tool rejected her, she is hardly meeting minimum requirement of 67/100 for FSW points. Regardless of OINP, one needs to meet minimum requirement to be considered for FSW category. Am I wrong?

Reactions: iamxty

chr0

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
I believe if Canada tool rejected her, she is hardly meeting minimum requirement of 67/100 for FSW points. Regardless of OINP, one needs to meet minimum requirement to be considered for FSW category. Am I wrong?
@camaro_lover check your FSW points if it is equal or more than 67/100 with 1 year work experience. This may be the reason you are not eligible.
Yeah, not meeting the FSW criteria makes the most sense in this case.
That's true. You need to have 67/100 to be eligible for EE. Also, don't select Quebec for your interested province to stay in. :D:D
What's wrong with Quebec? Francophones can't be that bad to live with :p

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018

You are right @tarunkapoor. One needs to have an EE profile to receive OINP NOI.

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Isn't the minimum work experience 1 year, not 2?

Reactions: Saidkhan

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hello Everyone,

only if she is applying under trades program would she need 2 yrs wexp. under FSW its only 1 year to be eligible. ask her to recheck her answers. she's got something wrong. calculate the score manually as per this grid , if she gets 67 she's good to go http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Reactions: iamxty

Gary_guru

Sep 15, 2017
Hi everyone,
Nice and informative thread to go through.

Can someone explain how does the trend for ITA goes from year start to end?