+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 72nd Draw

camaro_lover

Sep 12, 2017
@tarunkapoor @imxty @chr0 @mapleleaf987 Thanks Guys, yes she isnt meeting 67. Infact her score is 66. The sad part is CRS is not affected whether she is one year or two year work ex but Come to canada tool is cribbing about this. My doubt here was even though C2C tool is showing her ineligible, it is generating a reference number which is a must for EE profile. Should she go ahead and create a EE profile with this reference number? I am not even sure that will she be eligible to submit it after creation of profile..

chr0

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Hi everyone,
Nice and informative thread to go through.

Can someone explain how does the trend for ITA goes from year start to end?
And to add to this, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/past-rounds.asp is the info about all previous rounds. You can make a lot of guesses and predictions by observing this trend data.

Reactions: iluvtomorrowland

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
@tarunkapoor @imxty @chr0 @mapleleaf987 Thanks Guys, yes she isnt meeting 67. Infact her score is 66. The sad part is CRS is not affected whether she is one year or two year work ex but Come to canada tool is cribbing about this. My doubt here was even though C2C tool is showing her ineligible, it is generating a reference number which is a must for EE profile. Should she go ahead and create a EE profile with this reference number? I am not even sure that will she be eligible to submit it after creation of profile..
very odd! can u give the breakup of 66? what her edu & how much is she claiming?

chr0

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
There's no point then, is there? See what she can do to increase her score by one point, so that there is an end game in sight.

Reactions: iluvtomorrowland

camaro_lover

Sep 12, 2017
very odd! can u give the breakup of 66? what her edu & how much is she claiming?
yep sure
IELTS - L/R/S/W -- 9/9/8/7.5
Work Ex - 1.5 year
Education Bachelor

FSW Points -
Language - 24
Bachelors in Engineering -- 21
Experience -- 9
Age -- 12
Employement -- 0
Adaptability -- 0

Total 66

Reactions: Mithu3

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Only if I quite smoking and push my body. :p

I have been telling myself to quit smoking for quite sometime now but I always end up busting my lungs. However, major summits in Canada are going to major inspiration and hopefully I'll quit one day and lead a disciplined life. :)
The best way to stop smoking is to stop trying to **QUIT**
instead,just try postponing the next smoke by an hour ...to afternoon or evening ...then a day ....then day after tomorrow...
like a child keeps his treat for the last,keep ur smoke for end of the day or for your week end...and if you push past 5-6 days,you are off addiction....never quit...reserve ur right to smoke any moment you wish to smoke...that gives you the strength to push it away for anotjer hour another day ,another week ...for me from 25+ cig a day to now I've pushed it off now by 3 years 3 months and 17 days now...several times prior to that I had Quit,but one puff,& I was back in the game...but now,I haven't quit...I'm just waiting for the best time to enjoy my next smoke...
And,undisputably, a smoke is one of the most relaxing and enjoyable activity a man has at such cheap cost...i really miss it,but I enjoy the good sides as well...could complete a half marathon...brought my fitness back..no major/minor illness not even a severe cold in last 2-3 years despite pushing my body in extreme 64 heat index hostility of Qatar etc.
so,start by reserving your next smoke until after the next draw,ie.72nd the draw... :)

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
She'll probably get nominated by Ontario as soon as they open that stream again, so my suggestion would be to at least wait until OINP opens up and then create a profile, which will be probably be around that time. Even if it is earlier she'll have 3 months to furnish documents which will make her eligible.

Although on second thought, I'm not sure if work experience is to be counted until the day you get the ITA or at the time of furnishing documents. Maybe someone else wants to chime in.
An applicant must meet the minimum eligibility criteria at the time of ITA. So your second thought is right, the work experience will be counted till the date of ITA.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
yep sure
IELTS - L/R/S/W -- 9/9/8/7.5
Work Ex - 1.5 year
Education Bachelor

FSW Points -
Language - 24
Bachelors in Engineering -- 21
Experience -- 9
Age -- 12
Employement -- 0
Adaptability -- 0

Total 66
Looks like your friend needs to wait till they complete the 2 years of work experience before creating a profile. Please note that the work ex of 2 years should be counted to the exact date of the employment and not the month only. The system will allot the points for 2 years in Dec but your friend needs to make sure that they receive the ITA after completing the 2 years only.

If they have a relative in Canada, they can get additional 5 points for the same and cross the 67/100 barrier.

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
The best way to stop smoking is to stop trying to **QUIT**
instead,just try postponing the next smoke by an hour ...to afternoon or evening ...then a day ....then day after tomorrow...
like a child keeps his treat for the last,keep ur smoke for end of the day or for your week end...and if you push past 5-6 days,you are off addiction....never quit...reserve ur right to smoke any moment you wish to smoke...that gives you the strength to push it away for anotjer hour another day ,another week ...for me from 25+ cig a day to now I've pushed it off now by 3 years 3 months and 17 days now...several times prior to that I had Quit,but one puff,& I was back in the game...but now,I haven't quit...I'm just waiting for the best time to enjoy my next smoke...
And,undisputably, a smoke is one of the most relaxing and enjoyable activity a man has at such cheap cost...i really miss it,but I enjoy the good sides as well...could complete a half marathon...brought my fitness back..no major/minor illness not even a severe cold in last 2-3 years despite pushing my body in extreme 64 heat index hostility of Qatar etc.
so,start by reserving your next smoke until after the next draw,ie.72nd the draw... :)
I find myself in similar situation. However, I don't smoke 25+ a day. I usually keep it between 5-10 a day. I have tried to quit it multiple times. I remember, there was a time when I didn't smoke for a month but like you said, one puff and I was back in the game.

One of my friend who was heavy smoker adapted the same technique as mentioned by you and he was able to quit. Now he smokes only when we drink together. :p

Seriously, I need to consider this and indulge myself in other physical activities. Thanks much buddy. :):)