+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 70th Draw!

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thank you.
I started with duolingo and finished it within 3 weeks, then I used the book Edito B2 (which is the one they use in the "Alliance Française"), along with watching tv shows in french and with french captions. I used google translate everytime I read or listened a new word and wrote it down in a notepad, and every new movie or tv show, the new words were less and less.
I still have much to improve in my conversation, but as soon as I get to Canada I'll look for an inmersion school to really be able to communicate when I plan a travel to visit Quebec. :)
@ivancabrer you did a great job, getting that result in 4 months is smth very special I would say :) Regarding speaking part, you could talk to smb like me (by the way I did score CLB9 in speaking TEF Canada). Hope you will learn and be able to talk like Quebec people when you get to Canada ;) All the best and good luck!

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I also wish you all the luck and good fortune my friend.
And remember that what's important is to be flexible and adapt to the changes. In this process and in life in general.
Thank you, I wish you and your wife speedy post ITA process and all the best in general! :)

i know what do you mean when you say that everything that is under our power we need to act on it, and this is exactly what my husband and I did, but sometimes you just need to sit and wait, unfortunately, everything I could I did it. I'm not a type of person who waits for opportunity to come knocking on my door, I create opportunity, but every now and then as you said, there are difficulties and pause period and this I also need to learn how to accept because for me waiting without anything to influence it is horrible, but I guess it's lesson to be learned and mastered! ;) Enough of my philosophy, I wish you to receive your nomination as soon as possible and also golden ITA in the next draw!

Take care and keep in touch,
Andrea :)

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
This is more serious than I thought. Had a similar experience recently. She'll be fine. I pray she bounces back really soon.
Hi, I spoke to @iamxty today, she is out of the hospital, but needs to rest for next 3 days. She is doing a lot better and she misses all of you guys and can't wait to be back on daily basis! :) So prepare yourselves for even stronger @iamxty! :D

reye27

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Guys! I don't want to "quote" anyone, but that was a classic bait for 'likes'. Sure we all are desperately looking for mystical draw. I do enjoy predictions (knowing they are nothing but educated guess work, backed up with statistics & mathematics) & when someone's prediction hits bull eye, it amazes me the work of randomness and I do appreciate their work. But statements like "Oh I've inside story" is total waste of ROH's space.

Cheers

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Guys! I don't want to "quote" anyone, but that was a classic bait for 'likes'. Sure we all are desperately looking for mystical draw. I do enjoy predictions (knowing they are nothing but educated guess work, backed up with statistics & mathematics) & when someone's prediction hits bull eye, it amazes me the work of randomness and I do appreciate their work. But statements like "Oh I've inside story" is total waste of ROH's space.

Cheers
Yeah, you're right! Well said!

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thank you.
I started with duolingo and finished it within 3 weeks, then I used the book Edito B2 (which is the one they use in the "Alliance Française"), along with watching tv shows in french and with french captions. I used google translate everytime I read or listened a new word and wrote it down in a notepad, and every new movie or tv show, the new words were less and less.
I still have much to improve in my conversation, but as soon as I get to Canada I'll look for an inmersion school to really be able to communicate when I plan a travel to visit Quebec. :)
Sounds like you were really dedicated. Thanks for the info.

Once you become a permanent resident, you can take free French classes that the Canadian government offers, and if you move to Quebec, you can have the government pay for you to learn French full time on a 30-35 hour basis. A friend of mine who is a naturalized Canadian citizen did just that. He went to school in Ontario, became a permanent resident while living in Ontario, and later moved to Montreal and took advantage of that offer. He started from scratch and achieved full professional proficiency in French in less than a year.

A propósito, usted es de la República Dominicana? Tengo inquilinos aquí en los Estados Unidos que son inmigrantes de la República Dominicana y sólo hablan español. Yo aprendí español con duolingo, FSI Spanish, y Pimsleur. Cuando tengo tiempo, leo artículos y veo videos de noticias en español.

Last edited: