+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 63rd Draw

Mahnbab1

Apr 23, 2017
Ya, and reading has been the spoiler for me too. i wrote thrice LRWS(6/7.5/7/7.5) screwed up one entire section of listening in first attempt. second time 8.5/6.5/6.5/7 and then finally i wanted to make it to clb10 and prepared hard in reading and again missed it (8.5/7.5/7.5/7.5). Irony is i felt i did reading the best in all attempts
Hi could u plz guide me how improved ur score. I have already taken ilets 3 times
Last one was LRWS(6.5/6/6.5/8.5)
I practice alot but always stuck with the same result.could u plz help me.iam planning to retake it in june

montylee

Star Member
May 7, 2013
NOC Code......
There is a difference between last week's draw where the points fell from 423 to 415 and the next one where you expect it to fall from 415 to 407..
The difference is that on April 19th everybody in the range 415-422 were flushed out from the system, only new entrants who created profiles in the last 1 month existed on May 17th between 415 and 422.. Unfortunately that's not the case for folks below 415 (407-414), they have been accumulating there from Jan 2015..
Yes, but you got to take into account the score distribution given on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp which indicates that there were 2,248 candidates in the 411-420 range so scores dropping below 410 is really possible in the next draw.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi could u plz tell me how did u improve ur score
I have already taken ilets 3 times
Last one LRWS(6.6/6/5 8.5)
I followed online tips and videos on youtube ( ieltsfr freee and ieltsliz). Listening i feel is the easiest among the four if we are all ears and some concentration. Writing someone told me that if we ought to score more than 7 should write at east 400 words. Reading i have no clue yet man, may b i always use to lose points in the T/F/NG section, let some experts pitch in. We have people in the forum who scored 8/8.5/9

Anpar

Jan 10, 2017
Hi could u plz guide me how improved ur score. I have already taken ilets 3 times
Last one was LRWS(6.5/6/6.5/8.5)
I practice alot but always stuck with the same result.could u plz help me.iam planning to retake it in june
Are you preparing all by yourself?
You can definitely score better in Listening and Reading by using the right technique and practising a lot.
As far as writing is concerned I am myself stuck at 6.5, have attempted it 5 times.
So can't really advice you on that.
But will share with you practise tests for other modules in inbox.

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
what is the current status in terms of number of people who are in the range of crs 410 and above?

nilanjana

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Australia
IELTS Request
03-12-2016
I followed online tips and videos on youtube ( ieltsfr freee and ieltsliz). Listening i feel is the easiest among the four if we are all ears and some concentration. Writing someone told me that if we ought to score more than 7 should write at east 400 words. Reading i have no clue yet man, may b i always use to lose points in the T/F/NG section, let some experts pitch in. We have people in the forum who scored 8/8.5/9
I feel listening and reading are easier bands and high scores are possible if you just pay attention. On the other hand, writing and speaking is entirely up to the examiner. there are no right or wrong answers for writing and speaking, whereas in listening and reading they are bound to give you marks if you are correct. i too heard for writing, if you write more than 400 words you can score high but then again, in my first attempt i scored 9 in academic ielts writing but on my second attempt i scored 7 in general ielts writing, which is supposed to be much easier. nowadays ielts is just a business, they will give you less marks in one band or the other so that you take the test again and again. and reviewing the score is absolutely no use. it is just another way of making money for them.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hey guys! I'm new here. I've been following this forum for a little while now ( in fact it has become a part of my morning routine). I am impressed at how you take the time out to answer questions and clear up misconceptions and of course offer advice. Feels like a family here!:)
It's easier to get by with anxiety of waiting when you are a part of crazy bin! We all here have are issues and worries but united in hope for better future in Canada! :D

Last edited:

Umidjon90

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
congrats once again! just had one question for you... why did you accept the oinp? without that even you had pretty reasonable score of getting direct ita. was there any specific reason?
You know after getting NOI I waited for ITA for 3 weeks, however, I didn't get one. And then I ran out of patience and decided to go with OINP :)

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi Friends,

I am just writing to express my grief on account of the hard luck I have had in regards to IELTS.

First, I appeared on 8th April and scored 7.5 in all sections. I appeared again on 13th May just to improve my Listening by 0.5, got my results today at Listening 8, Reading 6.5, Speaking 8, Writing 7.5.

I know there are many cases similar to mine, but I am feeling terribly depressed.

CRS currently at 384, will get spouse ECA done and can rise upto 392. I hope it comes down to 380 soon.
You will get trough this summer! Don't worry!

Reactions: gurpreet.ts

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
I feel listening and reading are easier bands and high scores are possible if you just pay attention. On the other hand, writing and speaking is entirely up to the examiner. there are no right or wrong answers for writing and speaking, whereas in listening and reading they are bound to give you marks if you are correct. i too heard for writing, if you write more than 400 words you can score high but then again, in my first attempt i scored 9 in academic ielts writing but on my second attempt i scored 7 in general ielts writing, which is supposed to be much easier. nowadays ielts is just a business, they will give you less marks in one band or the other so that you take the test again and again. and reviewing the score is absolutely no use. it is just another way of making money for them.
i also believe it to be true!

Dom2012

Feb 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I finally had a good score after trying my hands on ielts and celpip. Here is how my journey went starting August 2016:
1st attempt IELTS: L6.5R7.5S7W7
1st attempt CELPIP: L11R12S8W8
2nd attempt CELPIP: L8R11S8W7

I went back to IELTS to have a second and the final attempt by God's grace. I had L8R9S7W7. Now I can rest from all my sleepless nights. Nothing is impossible.

fahadsheikh

Oct 30, 2016
DXB-AE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
BC invited 365 and saskatchewan 142... Yesterday.i want to know that whether these people were in the pool?If yes then with what score
They have to be in the pool, but again, even though they will be part of the draw, the quota for FSW will remain unharmed, hence the draw size will be bigger, probably 3.7 or 3.8K or something like that.