+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 61st draw

unicorns

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
First post here. I got my Ielts score today LRWS (7.5) (7) (7.5) (7.5), 28 years old, NOC B, with Msc. My anticipated score is 417 but ECA is not ready. I don't want to miss out on the low scores but my prediction for the next draw is 409.

masumah

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
About to decline ita from 12th April and entering the pool once again at 435..hoping/praying/wishing/begging for a draw not later than 3rd may with crs around 415 pleeaasee!

Raorulz

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
masumah said:
About to decline ita from 12th April and entering the pool once again at 435..hoping/praying/wishing/begging for a draw not later than 3rd may with crs around 415 pleeaasee!
dont worry

It'll be

Inshallah

zinder33

Mar 19, 2017
tj4canada said:
I would like nothing more than to be wrong, but only in my wildest dreams could the score go down that much in a month and a half.
Actually sir u might be right but CIC itself stated in a youtube video months ago that score will fall below 400 & everyone would be welcomed to Canada.
So as the name of this topic says Ray of hope, so i stick to that.

Wishing everyone happy weekend ! Coz cic loves to give surprises!

josejaram

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zinder33 said:
Actually sir u might be right but CIC itself stated in a youtube video months ago that score will fall below 400 & everyone would be welcomed to Canada.
So as the name of this topic says Ray of hope, so i stick to that.

Wishing everyone happy weekend ! Coz cic loves to give surprises!
Really??? Wow, that's good news, do you have the video? Can you share it?

hemuriva

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Ldh
Category........
Visa Office......
Chd
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
36 hours for good news.
Draw tomorro. Yayayayyayayaya

Confused_oldman

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hemuriva said:
36 hours for good news.
Draw tomorro. Yayayayyayayaya
Yayy. Wouldn't that be a big surprise? But I think cic would want to clear up the huge backlogs due to the recent 3 consecutive draws first and wouldn't want to overburden themselves.
But ya let's hope i am wrong.

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Confused_oldman said:
Yayy. Wouldn't that be a big surprise? But I think cic would want to clear up the huge backlogs due to the recent 3 consecutive draws first and wouldn't want to overburden themselves.
I read somewhere that CIC is capable of clearing 250,000+ applications in the period of time.

Plus since the paper-back application backlog is over now ~ there are high hopes that CIC will bring up a fresh new draw tomorrow.

Fingers Crossed. Standing at CRS 407.

zinder33

Mar 19, 2017
josejaram said:
Really??? Wow, that's good news, do you have the video? Can you share it?
Sorry to say i dont have the link , but i have seen the video myself in which a senior official himself was stating that next year {2017} as the video was uploaded during September 2016 , christmas would come early amd the crs score would dip down 400 for sure
So keep fingers crossed and hope for the best

an94318

Apr 23, 2017
Confused_oldman said:
I also think that there are quite a few of withdrawals as well in the last 3 draws. Hope the next draw comes in next 36hrs!

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
There is a planned system maintenance today by CIC, and I have also heard that Scores Distribution for 20th April is already prepared by them. I am not sure but this may be an indication that there is a draw tomorrow. If the draw is conducted tomorrow then scores will be between 407-409.

CIC plans for 2017-18 (Available online in pdf format - Full Analysis Report for 2016-17 is still to be published) indicates some interesting things and the changes in score structure is a clear representation of this. These includes:

a) FSW = Bringing more qualified youngsters to Canada for their growing economy. To achieve this target, scores are being reduced so that applicants with good qualification yet less experience can be considered.

b) Students = CIC wants to encourage growth in Education system, and attract students to choose Canada instead of UK, Australia, NZ, or the US. To achieve this target they have introduced extra points for Education in Canada and plans to further increase these in upcoming years.

c) Family = CIC also plans to attract more and more families through Family Schemes. This is to reduce the burden of settlement on government as they expect families to bring more money than individuals. Details for the plan is still unknown.

Other Developments - (Extracts from different press releases)

Other than that CIC have indicated that they have substantially improved their systems, and have implemented some advanced case management software to deal with a large number of ITA's. This means automated rejections will increase for the incomplete files, and also half of a verification process will also be automated. This technique for Visa Processing is already implemented in UAE, that is one of the largest Visa Processing hubs in the world. This claim is still unverified and needs to proven by time.

More scores for Siblings, and French. Although this is a confirmed news and has already been debated a lot, I still doubt that it will bring changes to scores. The questions are how many applicants know French and English at the same time, or how many applicants has siblings with PR in Canada. We have seen extra points for Canadian Education been added yet cut-off scores are significantly declining.

Finally, it is the attitude of CIC that will define the scores in future and not the changes in score structures. So keep hopes for the best and GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL! :)