Ray of hope 61st draw

Confused_oldman

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Steveleb123 said:
Sorry people but i still have questions i need your help. Getting a job offer:

do people need to work in the same NOC they mentioned as their main one in the express entry profile?

My wife (main applicant) needs to be registered in Canada to be able to work as a dietitian. Since the registration process has to be done once she is there (as i understood), how is a possible to get a job offer or start applying to such job openings if being registered is a requirement???

unless it is possible to get a job offer in any other field and in any other NOC other than her main. if it is possible, will it add up to the score your score anyways if you get a job offer with other NOC???

how effective is the job bank for you?? she keeps getting job matches that do not match her profile..

thanks for your time.
The job bank is just a formality, a farce, if you will. There is hardly anyone here who has benefitted. Cic too recognizes this and has made Job bank registration optional from Jume 2017 onwards.
You can apply for any job of your choice. There is no restriction. I would imagine a significant percentile of young people immigrating to Canada work in other fields than their past. Try other sites like Monster or indeed. But likelyhood of landing a job without a PR is not good.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BillHyatt said:
Other Developments - (Extracts from different press releases)

Other than that CIC have indicated that they have substantially improved their systems, and have implemented some advanced case management software to deal with a large number of ITA's. This means automated rejections will increase for the incomplete files, and also half of a verification process will also be automated. This technique for Visa Processing is already implemented in UAE, that is one of the largest Visa Processing hubs in the world. This claim is still unverified and needs to proven by time.
Do we know when are they planning to implement this? I don't think they have implemented it yet. Average time for Medical Pass & getting PPR is increasing day by day (based on IMMITracker). Also, they have already issued approx. ~36k ITA in 4 months, as against annual target of ~73K PRs (~43K ITAs assuming 1.7 persons per ITA).

I somehow feel that CIC may slowdown for some time to catch-up with increasing applications. They may then speed-up again after a gap. Although, not sure when will they do so.

All the best to those who are in pool.

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
softwaretesting said:
Do we know when are they planning to implement this? I don't think they have implemented it yet. Average time for Medical Pass & getting PPR is increasing day by day (based on IMMITracker). Also, they have already issued approx. ~36k ITA in 4 months, as against annual target of ~73K PRs (~43K ITAs assuming 1.7 persons per ITA).

I somehow feel that CIC may slowdown for some time to catch-up with increasing applications. They may then speed-up again after a gap. Although, not sure when will they do so.

Know two people (separate) who submitted all documents the first week of February and got PR last week.

vickyr019

Sep 27, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chente said:
Know two people (separate) who submitted all documents the first week of February and got PR last week.
WOW!!! IS it that fast ? That's a positive news then...
On an average, What's the timeline required to get PR after post ITA (Uploading of all the documents)??

Umidjon90

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
chente said:
That is really good :D. Then we are getting ITA tomorrow, PR in June , landing in Canada in July , life is beautiful

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chente said:
Which category - CEC? For FSW-O, only 1 out to 51 cases for Feb in tracker received PPR. Medicals are passed till AOR Date of 3-March, so even medical is taking approx. 45-50 days for FSW-O.

monavy

Aug 20, 2013
softwaretesting said:

Rejection rate is 30%.
Also some of PNPs will be through EE as well.

Umidjon90

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
How many days will we have after getting ITA to submit all documents? And their fees ? Who knows?

Steveleb123

Mar 23, 2017
AOR Received.
09-01-2018
Confused_oldman said:
The job bank is just a formality, a farce, if you will. There is hardly anyone here who has benefitted. Cic too recognizes this and has made Job bank registration optional from Jume 2017 onwards.
You can apply for any job of your choice. There is no restriction. I would imagine a significant percentile of young people immigrating to Canada work in other fields than their past. Try other sites like Monster or indeed. But likelyhood of landing a job without a PR is not good.
Correct I have read the news about the job bank being optional in June, also read about the french language extra scores. someone here posted a link for video saying whoever is 390 and above watch it (get ready...).. they were talking about the draws of the first quarter and they mentioned the new rule of June about the french language by saying that you will even benefit if you have french as a second language. however reading the rule on CIC i understood that it was only for those who have French as a FIRST language and English as a secondary. (15 extra points or something).. any knowledge about this?

thanks again for answering. you have been really helpful. appreciate it!

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
softwaretesting said:
Which category - CEC? For FSW-O, only 1 out to 51 cases for Feb in tracker received PPR. Medicals are passed till AOR Date of 3-March, so even medical is taking approx. 45-50 days for FSW-O.
Both FSW, one inland one outland. Buddy there is a lot of people that is not in the tracker..

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
BillHyatt said:
There is a planned system maintenance today by CIC, and I have also heard that Scores Distribution for 20th April is already prepared by them. I am not sure but this may be an indication that there is a draw tomorrow. If the draw is conducted tomorrow then scores will be between 407-409.

CIC plans for 2017-18 (Available online in pdf format - Full Analysis Report for 2016-17 is still to be published) indicates some interesting things and the changes in score structure is a clear representation of this. These includes:

a) FSW = Bringing more qualified youngsters to Canada for their growing economy. To achieve this target, scores are being reduced so that applicants with good qualification yet less experience can be considered.

b) Students = CIC wants to encourage growth in Education system, and attract students to choose Canada instead of UK, Australia, NZ, or the US. To achieve this target they have introduced extra points for Education in Canada and plans to further increase these in upcoming years.

c) Family = CIC also plans to attract more and more families through Family Schemes. This is to reduce the burden of settlement on government as they expect families to bring more money than individuals. Details for the plan is still unknown.

Other Developments - (Extracts from different press releases)

Other than that CIC have indicated that they have substantially improved their systems, and have implemented some advanced case management software to deal with a large number of ITA's. This means automated rejections will increase for the incomplete files, and also half of a verification process will also be automated. This technique for Visa Processing is already implemented in UAE, that is one of the largest Visa Processing hubs in the world. This claim is still unverified and needs to proven by time.

More scores for Siblings, and French. Although this is a confirmed news and has already been debated a lot, I still doubt that it will bring changes to scores. The questions are how many applicants know French and English at the same time, or how many applicants has siblings with PR in Canada. We have seen extra points for Canadian Education been added yet cut-off scores are significantly declining.

Finally, it is the attitude of CIC that will define the scores in future and not the changes in score structures. So keep hopes for the best and GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL! :)
+1 to you for this optimistic post! Thank you!

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chente said:
Both FSW, one inland one outland. Buddy there is a lot of people that is not in the tracker..
I agree, but general trend can only be calculated based on larger volume & not individual cases. & That is why I had given reference to tracker.

I know there will be other factors like rejections & PNP, still I feel CIC will slowdown at some point during 2017. Can't say, when.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
zhaff2004 said:
Depending on the reason for rejection. My file got declined yesterday (After going through every security check and verification that they perform) only for them to send me a letter saying that I should reapply.

So, in short, no, you won't automatically get banned if it's declined.

Reason I got declined is because I used "invalid" work experience to apply under CEC (The invalid portion was only 2 months, but it contributed an additional 11 points). I had stated all work experience and did not attempt to defraud them, so I guess that is why I wasn't banned.

Nevertheless, I'm back in the EE pool, sitting on 460 points, which, hopefully will be enough for the next draw.
Sorry to hear about this. I am sure you'll get an invite in the next draw. Good luck.

Confused_oldman

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Steveleb123 said:
Correct I have read the news about the job bank being optional in June, also read about the french language extra scores. someone here posted a link for video saying whoever is 390 and above watch it (get ready...).. they were talking about the draws of the first quarter and they mentioned the new rule of June about the french language by saying that you will even benefit if you have french as a second language. however reading the rule on CIC i understood that it was only for those who have French as a FIRST language and English as a secondary. (15 extra points or something).. any knowledge about this?

thanks again for answering. you have been really helpful. appreciate it!
"On June 6, 2017, Express Entry candidates with strong French language skills, with or without English language skills, will be awarded additional points by the CRS."
"A total of 15 additional points will be awarded for test results of the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NLC) at level 7 in all four language skills in French (listening, speaking, reading and writing) and an English test result of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 or lower."
"A total of 30 additional points will be awarded for test results of the NLC at level 7 in all four skills in French and English test results of CLB 5 or higher."

So yeah, it is targetted towards French speakers, but you dont have to be one, if you manage CLB7 in the French test.
A CLB7 in french without English skills will fetch you 15 extra points, while in addition to french CLB7, if you have a CLB5 in English, you get 30 additional points.
Note these marks are over the points you would already get now.