KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am one of those minorities who will benefit from having siblings settled in Canada. On friday i forgot to check for update as from what i read in stakeholders report from last year, allocation of points for having siblings will be decided, whether to award or not, by the end of March. Thanks to the forum, since i joined this forum, i have benefited immensely in terms of correct information. No immigration website can inform as much as this forum, period! However i am not in the EE pool atm, because i my 1st year of skilled of work experience will be completed in May 9. June 6 update will compensate for at least years of point loss for age. Already lost 11 for being 31 lol.

As far as update with points for French language is concerned, it is not going to impact unless majority of francophone decides to immigrate to Canada. Learning french takes a lot of effort and its not for everyone. I myself learned French. It took me more than 8 months to finish 4 sessions 6 weeks each and even after studying continuously each session. Plus in my country we do not have arrangement for TEF, only for DELF/DALF. Hence i saw no point in continuing with French and decided not to continue with A2 intermediate. If my IELTS score goes to CBL 9 in my recent test, i.e, March 4, i will have 439 and add 15 points for sibling it will shoot to 454. I highly believe it will be good enough for ITA given the recent trend.

For candidates who are 35 years plus, it is a great opportunity to get to 450+ given they have time and hunger to learn French. All in all, fair play by the liberals to introduce new updates.

preet14

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Maverick28 said:
You need to stop posting this question everywhere. Please be patient and someone will answer your query. Posting it in all the threads will not help.
I guess work experience can be of anytime within 10 years. so dont your first experience come in that category. If you have two jobs in last 10 years then its your choice which one to choose as primary occupation.

Rest m not an expert just sharing my thought.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prakash419 said:
Friends I really need your urgent help and advice -

I did my BTECH in 2005 and worked for 7 years as a software engineer (NOC 2173, Category 0) and then in 2012 I quit my job and joined a full time MBA, graduating in 2014 and then from last 2 years 9 months working as a procurement manager (NOC 0113, category B), also during MBA I worked for 3 months as an intern (paid, full time in a fortune 50 company). Now I am confused about which NOC to use as primary , bottom line is I really need the full points for CRS (which requires 3 years continuous work experience in same NOC) so was intending to use NOC 2173 as primary, but in the CRS application it says use your most recent experience (within last 5 years) as primary, but if I do that I will not get full point since my most recent NOC (0113) is only 2 years 9 months continuous work experience. Please advise urgently what should I do, I am confused. Thanks.
wait for 3 months more... :) easiest solution.

i'm not 100% sure intern work experience counts, i know it doesnt - but if you were paid for this, then its a different story.

if you dont get a satisfactory answer from any of the seniors - just wait 3 months man... in the meanwhile start collecting all the documents, get your education assessed, write ielts etc.... im sure with masters degree, decent ielts score and age around 31 you should get ITA soon based on current scenario

good luck

Steveleb123

Mar 23, 2017
AOR Received.
09-01-2018
Hello people, can we get our papers (medical, police, employment ...) ready before getting an ITA. for employment letters anything specific that should be mentioned in it? police clearance shouldn't it be dated after receiving ITA? if you can please share where we could find such details if any in CIC website.

no hopes at CRS at 394 :( working on repeating IELTS to improve the writing score to at least CLB 9 from 8 (half a point difference, the rest CLB 10s) and will be trying the TEF in June. (french educated back in high school however haven't been using french for 8 years now, the hard part will be the writing i suppose since the rest is multiple choice).

Been following Ray of hope since the 57th draw which was frustrating to me as well, although i had no hope at below 400, reading all the msgs sent by people waiting.

Thanks good luck to all.

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Steveleb123 said:
Hello people, can we get our papers (medical, police, employment ...) ready before getting an ITA. for employment letters anything specific that should be mentioned in it? police clearance shouldn't it be dated after receiving ITA? if you can please share where we could find such details if any in CIC website.

no hopes at CRS at 394 :( working on repeating IELTS to improve the writing score to at least CLB 9 from 8 (half a point difference, the rest CLB 10s) and will be trying the TEF in June. (french educated back in high school however haven't been using french for 8 years now, the hard part will be the writing i suppose since the rest is multiple choice).

Been following Ray of hope since the 57th draw which was frustrating to me as well, although i had no hope at below 400, reading all the msgs sent by people waiting.

Thanks good luck to all.
How much would your Crs be once you got the desired ielts results?

Steveleb123

Mar 23, 2017
AOR Received.
09-01-2018
Boviesam said:
How much would your Crs be once you got the desired ielts results?
IELTS category scores would increase as well as Skill transferability factors and the Foreign work experience =>

+7 to +10 , +12 and +25 therefore bracket of 438 to 441 (without the second language).

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Steveleb123 said:
IELTS category scores would increase as well as Skill transferability factors and the Foreign work experience =>

+7 to +10 , +12 and +25 therefore bracket of 438 to 441 (without the second language).
Cool..... work on it and hopefully the time will be yours

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Steveleb123 said:

Thanks good luck to all.
You can get employment references before hand. It should ideally mention title, dates worked, position, salary, number of hours worked/week and job responsibilities and should be on a company letterhead.

Medical you should do once you get an ITA as sometimes the hospital asks for the letter. The result is valid for 12 months and you have to Land in Canada before it expires.

For PCC, if you have to get it from a country where you no longer reside, go for it. For your current country of residence, try getting it after your ITA if the process is not long. Ideally, it should be issued within last 6 months of you submitting your eAPR.

I hope this helps.

Steveleb123

Mar 23, 2017
AOR Received.
09-01-2018
Maverick28 said:
You can get employment references before hand. It should ideally mention title, dates worked, position, salary, number of hours worked/week and job responsibilities and should be on a company letterhead.

Medical you should do once you get an ITA as sometimes the hospital asks for the letter. The result is valid for 12 months and you have to Land in Canada before it expires.

For PCC, if you have to get it from a country where you no longer reside, go for it. For your current country of residence, try getting it after your ITA if the process is not long. Ideally, it should be issued within last 6 months of you submitting your eAPR.

I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot!!

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
Who's rooting for the draw this Wednesday!? I know I'ma be harassing my F5 button Lol what about you guys?? If not Wednesday, then most likely a Friday. But after the last, curiously awaited draw, I'm hopeful this Wednesday will bring new hopes to those with lower CRS!

kutt4n

Jan 12, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prakash419 said:
Friends I really need your urgent help and advice -

I did my BTECH in 2005 and worked for 7 years as a software engineer (NOC 2173, Category 0) and then in 2012 I quit my job and joined a full time MBA, graduating in 2014 and then from last 2 years 9 months working as a procurement manager (NOC 0113, category B), also during MBA I worked for 3 months as an intern (paid, full time in a fortune 50 company). Now I am confused about which NOC to use as primary , bottom line is I really need the full points for CRS (which requires 3 years continuous work experience in same NOC) so was intending to use NOC 2173 as primary, but in the CRS application it says use your most recent experience (within last 5 years) as primary, but if I do that I will not get full point since my most recent NOC (0113) is only 2 years 9 months continuous work experience. Please advise urgently what should I do, I am confused. Thanks.
Where does it say in the CRS application to use your most recent experience? This is what i see

"Note: Your primary occupation may not be your most recent work experience. It is the job you have the required experience in, and want to base your application on. If you do not have the minimum work experience in the primary occupation National Occupational Classification (NOC) that you choose, you may be ineligible."

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grapehair said:
Who's rooting for the draw this Wednesday!? I know I'ma be harassing my F5 button Lol what about you guys?? If not Wednesday, then most likely a Friday. But after the last, curiously awaited draw, I'm hopeful this Wednesday will bring new hopes to those with lower CRS!
I'd say anyone around 432 and above is rooting for a draw this Wednesday. I'm praying it happens. It's actually affecting my sleep waiting for this!! I'm sure I'm not alone.

I doubt IRCC has as its mission to "raise the score." I just think a ton of new applicants flooded in during the last 23 day window (and others got more points with better IELTS etc). As long as a draw happens on Wednesday, I feel somewhat confident for us mid-ish to upper 430s! (Oh and the 440 people too!)

Best of luck!!! Less than 3 days to go hopefully!! :)

prakash419

Apr 2, 2017
kutt4n said:
Where does it say in the CRS application to use your most recent experience? This is what i see

"Note: Your primary occupation may not be your most recent work experience. It is the job you have the required experience in, and want to base your application on. If you do not have the minimum work experience in the primary occupation National Occupational Classification (NOC) that you choose, you may be ineligible."
Well I surely do see it clearly states that it has to be most recent and within 5 years. Give me a second, i will copy paste here.

ns0090

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hey, helpful people of canadavisa forum Smiley

What would be the NOC code of below job duties?

Job Description:
• Review documentation to understand testing requirement, test environment and objectives
• Create various testing documentation (e.g. test strategy/plan, test cases etc.)
• Develop and maintain relationships with project team members, Business and technology partners
• Develop an understanding of the business applications supported as well as the business directions
• Collaborating with other team members by ensuring project deliverables are implemented within time budget and quality parameters and recommending options to ensure deliverables are met
• Adhere to the system development life cycle (SDLC) and project management life cycle (PMLC) methodologies

I'm confused between 2173 and 2283.

Thanks!