+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rainbow Bridge PR Landing FAILED

dhaval004

Feb 4, 2017
Just to update, we did it on thousand islands instead (seem to have more fun things to do in the area) and at the us boarder, we said we have US visas but mainly we just want to complete the landing and they just gave us the white paper to bring to the canada side when they made us do the turn back
Could you please let me know what time you went to Thousand Island bridge. I am planning to go tonight wanted to confirm if they do landing process 24 hours?

Thanks in advance..

diddledo

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Question about photos :

Are we supposed to take along 2 more photos for the landing ? Is this required for both inland and exit-enter landing ?
Thanks.

Chogitane

Sep 27, 2017
I wanted to share my landing experience since these forums really helped with easing my anxiety. I called CBSA to confirm that 8 to midnight is when they process landing at Niagara.

My SO and I arrived at the Rainbow bridge at 8.45pm by car and we went straight to the borders and gave our passports to the officer. when we advised him that we were here for my landing, he made us park on the left at a building nearby. Another officer came out and filled out a white form where it was noted "flagpoling'. Note that both our passports were not stamped by the US. Going back to Can, we paid $4.75 to the officer and advised we were in the US for 5 min, only for landing. we were told to go the next-door building. There were about 3-4 Immigration border officers and about 20 people waiting. we waited for around an hour before my name was called. The only document she requested was the COPR and proof of address (I provided my drivers license). I additionally had brought with me my student permit, proof of implied status, bank statement but they were not requested. The interview was about 5-10 min and she asked me the questions on the COPR. She advised that the PR card would take around 70 days to the address on the drivers license and I needed to stay in Canada 2 years out of 5. She congratulated me and we were off. By the time we left, it was around 10 pm. I was the last one being processed. Someone came after me, around 9.30pm and they categorically said no, they were close and the guy had to come back the next day.

All in all, it was a relatively easy process. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
I wanted to share my landing experience since these forums really helped with easing my anxiety. I called CBSA to confirm that 8 to midnight is when they process landing at Niagara.

My SO and I arrived at the Rainbow bridge at 8.45pm by car and we went straight to the borders and gave our passports to the officer. when we advised him that we were here for my landing, he made us park on the left at a building nearby. Another officer came out and filled out a white form where it was noted "flagpoling'. Note that both our passports were not stamped by the US. Going back to Can, we paid $4.75 to the officer and advised we were in the US for 5 min, only for landing. we were told to go the next-door building. There were about 3-4 Immigration border officers and about 20 people waiting. we waited for around an hour before my name was called. The only document she requested was the COPR and proof of address (I provided my drivers license). I additionally had brought with me my student permit, proof of implied status, bank statement but they were not requested. The interview was about 5-10 min and she asked me the questions on the COPR. She advised that the PR card would take around 70 days to the address on the drivers license and I needed to stay in Canada 2 years out of 5. She congratulated me and we were off. By the time we left, it was around 10 pm. I was the last one being processed. Someone came after me, around 9.30pm and they categorically said no, they were close and the guy had to come back the next day.

you must be luckily to get it doen in an hour or two.
One of my friends went yesterday for stamping he had to wait 14 hrs and there were 20 more ppl who literally waited for the stamping.
couple of my other friends went to kingston they got everything done in less than half an hour.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Hi @ashu1710, @Mthornt. Did you guys book any appointment or is it on Walk-In basisfor landing at Pearson? could you help me with the process? Also, I am assuming you are CEC INLAND residing in toronto?
Thanks in advance for your help. much appreciated!!
You can't land at an airport if you're in Canada. To land at an airport, you have to fly out of Canada and then fly back in. If you're CEC inland, you have 2 options

1) Flagpoling: Go to the US border and cross it. When you get to the US side, tell the officer that you're there to flagpole. The officer will give you a piece of paper and send you back to the Canadian side. Tell the CBSA officer that you're flag-poling and are there to land.

2) Get an appointment at the nearest IRCC office.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Can we do flag pole in Mid night ?? Is it open 24 hours a day ???

It seems like it depends on which bridge you're planning on using for flagpole, I wouldn't try that at the Rainbow Bridge, but it seems like others have had success at the time with Sarnia.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Can we cross Rainbow Bridge over the weekend??
I would try contacting them to find out, the Tues-Wed-Thurs only flagpole schedule was supposed to be only during the summer. Since it's mid October now, maybe they've opened up the schedule a bit.

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Can we cross Rainbow Bridge over the weekend??
Yesterday, over the phone they said only fromTuesday to Thursday from 8am to midnight and they still have quotas. They recommend to go early

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Has anyone successfully landed at the Rainbow Bridge recently?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017

Hi. Did they cancel your study permit, did they take it away?

pranav.narang1711

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Hi All,

Can someone please tell me if there is a quota at Queenston-Lewiston bridge as well? I have heard that there is a quota at Rainbow bridge for sure.

Thanks in advance,
Pranav

jamason

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
IELTS Request
14-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
On a weekend, I took my friend and his family to do flagpoling at Niagara Falls - Rainbow bridge. I dropped them before the bridge and they crossed the bridge on foot to US side and on return at Canadian side they said they can't do flagpoling on peak hours (Friday to Monday)

After returning, I came to know about these new restrictions. Can someone please tell whether he can do landing at Niagara Falls - Rainbow bridge in the week day (Tuesday to Thursday). Does he needs to cross to US bridge again or walk to the Canada Immigration Center? Is it still only available in the evening? Is there any website that shows us this information when we are supposed to go and what to do and what not?

Thank you for your help