+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Rainbow Bridge PR Landing FAILED

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Hi Riz,

I have a US visa but had visited US recently. They US Visa authorities will therefore not stamp my visa until after 6 months. What proof can I show to Canadian authorities that I actually entered USA?
Take printed I94 for record. It is available online.
You can explain to CBSA officer the reason they didn't stamped your passport.

When I did the landing, they didn't even ask for I-94, but it is good to keep it handy as proof.

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Just curious,
Why dont people flagpole in Windsor or Sarnia or 1000 islands? Why does everyone go to Niagara Falls? Considering its possible 24/7 at the other locations and all are just a few hours drive from Niagara Falls

TOAleph

Sep 21, 2017
I just wanted to share my experience, as reading this Forum was very helpful.

After reading so many of the posts here, we decided that the best time to take my sister in law (in order to process her PR papers) was on a week day evening. So this Tuesday, September 19th, we left Toronto at 8 pm, and by 12:00ish am we were back home. We chose to cross at Queenston Bridge. Crossing the bridge was easy, there were no issues with flagpoling (there was an American, a Canadian and a Brazilian in the car. The most "problematic", was the American, as the border cannot refuse entry to an American citizen. But that really was not an issue). Basically, the US border took about 10 minutes to file the administrative refusal, so we could turn around and get back into Canada. This was around 9:30 pm. We didn't have to leave the car. Upon arriving at the Canadian border, things were fast too. There was only one other couple in the office, processing their papers. Most of the agents were free, so the interview happened almost immediately, and then there were a few more minutes of processing the paper work. All in all the whole process (of crossing bridges both ways) took no more than 1 hour.

Prior to going to Queenston, I had called the border agents central number and confirmed that they are processing immigration papers from 8 am to 11:59 pm (online it says 24 hours. So there is a discrepancy of information here).

Best of luck and thanks to everyone for having shared their experience, as it was quite helpful.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Here is our landing experience as well, thanks again for all the help from everyone here in the forum, it made the application process so much easier to navigate:

My wife and I landed at Pearson Airport (Toronto) on 9/14, at about 9:30 am. We waited in line for about 20 minutes to get through the initial customs check, and let the border officer know we needed to perform our landing for PR. He directed us to the IRCC office onsite, and when we entered the office there was only one family in front of us. The interview with the agent took us about 20 minutes to complete, after which she directed us to the Service Canada office, which was the next room over, and once again there was only 1 family in front of us. However, the room was PACKED when we walked in with what the Service Canada rep said was people with more complicated situations. It only took us about 30 minutes to get our SIN, and then we headed downstairs to the baggage area where the next CBSA officers were located, it was a ghost town so no wait at all. There we presented our B4 forms with the accompanying goods information, and the goods to follow information. The officer then welcomed us to Canada, and congratulated us on becoming PRs. We finished up at about 11:15 am and we were on our way out of the airport. Every person we encountered (all ladies) was super friendly throughout the process, and I'm glad we did our landing at Pearson instead of Rainbow Bridge. It was super convenient to have the Service Canada right there onsite, in order to get our SINs processed at the same time. I've also heard a lot of mixed reviews about landing there at Rainbow Bridge in the forum, and the attitudes and behavior of the border officers there. No thanks.

All in all it was a great experience, and I wish the same to all of you here in the forum. Best of luck to everyone.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
Here is our landing experience as well, thanks again for all the help from everyone here in the forum, it made the application process so much easier to navigate:

My wife and I landed at Pearson Airport (Toronto) on 9/14, at about 9:30 am. We waited in line for about 20 minutes to get through the initial customs check, and let the border officer know we needed to perform our landing for PR. He directed us to the IRCC office onsite, and when we entered the office there was only one family in front of us. The interview with the agent took us about 20 minutes to complete, after which she directed us to the Service Canada office, which was the next room over, and once again there was only 1 family in front of us. However, the room was PACKED when we walked in with what the Service Canada rep said was people with more complicated situations. It only took us about 30 minutes to get our SIN, and then we headed downstairs to the baggage area where the next CBSA officers were located, it was a ghost town so no wait at all. There we presented our B4 forms with the accompanying goods information, and the goods to follow information. The officer then welcomed us to Canada, and congratulated us on becoming PRs. We finished up at about 11:15 am and we were on our way out of the airport. Every person we encountered (all ladies) was super friendly throughout the process, and I'm glad we did our landing at Pearson instead of Rainbow Bridge. It was super convenient to have the Service Canada right there onsite, in order to get our SINs processed at the same time. I've also heard a lot of mixed reviews about landing there at Rainbow Bridge in the forum, and the attitudes and behavior of the border officers there. No thanks.

All in all it was a great experience, and I wish the same to all of you here in the forum. Best of luck to everyone.
Congrats. I landed at Pearson too and my experience was very similar to yours. :D

"The interview with the agent took us about 20 minutes to complete."

That's interesting. Why is that? Mine took about 5 minutes (and that includes some small-talk about the weather etc). Would you mind sharing some specifics?

Reactions: Mthornt

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Congrats. I landed at Pearson too and my experience was very similar to yours. :D

That's interesting. Why is that? Mine took about 5 minutes (and that includes some small-talk about the weather etc). Would you mind sharing some specifics?

Nothing special, the normal interview questions, and some questions we had for her. Lots of small talk, that 20 minutes includes our wait behind the family in front of us.

Reactions: ashu1710

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Anyone tried landing in Sarnia? Just got our oassports back and was thinkinh of doing it over the weekendm reading here and on links that peace, rainbow and queenston have specific days, is Sarnia a good option? Are there other boarders?

I was thinkinh, if we just staued in the us for 2-3 days, is that still counted as flag poling?

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Just to update, we did it on thousand islands instead (seem to have more fun things to do in the area) and at the us boarder, we said we have US visas but mainly we just want to complete the landing and they just gave us the white paper to bring to the canada side when they made us do the turn back

MayAORWaiting

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017

Hi @ashu1710, @Mthornt. Did you guys book any appointment or is it on Walk-In basisfor landing at Pearson? could you help me with the process? Also, I am assuming you are CEC INLAND residing in toronto?
Thanks in advance for your help. much appreciated!!

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
No appointment, but I'm Outland, I don't think you can go to the airport to do it if you're inland.

Hi @ashu1710, @Mthornt. Did you guys book any appointment or is it on Walk-In basisfor landing at Pearson? could you help me with the process? Also, I am assuming you are CEC INLAND residing in toronto?
Thanks in advance for your help. much appreciated!!

Dodozin

May 4, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wish I had seen this thread before...

The document I received didn't say anything about:
WE DON'T DO IN PEAK HOURS...

And more, the Immigration Officer said:
"I would suggest you to schedule an appointment with an Office, because if you come here during the week, you will have to wait for at least 12 hours... I've seen people waiting for 15 hours"

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
I wish I had seen this thread before...

The document I received didn't say anything about:
WE DON'T DO IN PEAK HOURS...

And more, the Immigration Officer said:
"I would suggest you to schedule an appointment with an Office, because if you come here during the week, you will have to wait for at least 12 hours... I've seen people waiting for 15 hours"

Wow, that's ridiculous. Was this at the Rainbow Bridge?

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Yes... Now I don't know if I should try other place/time, or wait 4-5 weeks to my appointment

Unless you're in a hurry, I'd just make the appointment. If you need it asap, I've heard people have better luck at the Peace Bridge. Maybe give them a call and verify the hours/days before you go.