+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled workers

sunil789

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
gary75 said:
I am planning to apply for Quebec, I would like to know if i need to send my results for IELTS with my application package or i can take it later and send them the results after a few months, from what i gather it would take 5 to 6 months to receive an acknoledgment.

Please let me know what is the best way to go about. Also i am planning to take the IELTS in english as with that i think i should have around 60 points, would I need to take IELTS in french too?

Would my spouse need to take IETLS too?

Please advise.

Yes IELTS would be required along with the applicaition, the original result, No ielts is required for spouse.
In french if you want to claim the points you need to take DELF/TCF/TCFQ/TEF. There no Ielts available in French.
It is advisable that you submit your application with french as well as english proficiency results, unless you don't fall in 12 or 16 areas of traning points grid.
Thanks,
Gary

sunil789

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
:)
goodmrng1947 said:
I am almost ready to file my application just a small clarity that I need here, I hope you don't mind to put the QSMP steps in sequence along with the time lines approximation here, as I understand its as below, please correct if I am wrong

1)prepare the package send it to respective BIQ
Wait for 2-3 months
2)AOR received (application accepted at BIQ)
Wait for 4-6 months
3)CIQ received (application passed initial screening and now in process for further review)
Wait 6-8 months
4)call for interview
Wait for ????
:)
5)??????
Thanks a lot

sunil789

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
cvrats13 said:
Is it 6 months waiting time to receive my papers in hongkong?
If 6 months have already passed you can call to the Montreal office at + 1 514 864-9191 , at that time they will ask your basic details like passport no, dob and all, after that they will provide you the information about your application.

You can also mail them

reena123

Mar 4, 2013
[quote author=sunil789 link=topic=136438.msg2218171#msg2218171 date=13663417

I think you should submit your application with french proficiency no matter what your areas of training is, as you only mentioned sunil that nowadays the selection is tougher and tougher day by day, so it is must to present the strong case to the immigration officer at the time of final evaluation, and now as per the new law AOR is taking 4 to 6 months as the initial verification of the documents is done, so it is must to present an application with french test results.

reena123

Mar 4, 2013
I will like to open a new discussion here that what difference does the ICCRC member or the authorised lawyer/consultant can make to the application. As we all know they are charging quite heavily.

Why do people go to these members? can't we gather enough confidence and knowledge through authorised links and websites of processing the application on out own,

Please comment guys

sunil789

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
reena123 said:
I will like to open a new discussion here that what difference does the ICCRC member or the authorised lawyer/consultant can make to the application. As we all know they are charging quite heavily.

Why do people go to these members? can't we gather enough confidence and knowledge through authorised links and websites of processing the application on out own,

Please comment guys
People generally prefer the authorised consultants as they are recognised and experts in the field. And this file processing means the career and life for the people so they generally compromise the fees factor.

But yes as per the guideline cic and quebec Immigration, it makes no difference either you process your file on your own or you use the immigration consultant. I think if the person is confident and possess the basic knowledge or can acquire the basic knowledge through cic website, should surely process the file on the own, it might take some time in form filling and documentation but it will save money for sure.

max09

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Hi Guys

I am planning to file my application for Quebec.
I have some questions, would really appreciate if you could provide your inputs:

1) I have done my IELTS and have the result however I have not attended any training for the French language as yet. As far as I understand we need to have DELF A2 level proficiency to apply, how much time do you think would it take to acquire the language proficiency and appear for the exam and pass it :) Would really appreciate if anyone of you could point me to a French tutor available in the Noida area?

2) How much time does it take for the Quebec immigration process end to end, right from the point when application is submitted to when the visa is stamped? I am asking this for the immigration office in Delhi.

3) I have heard that they have extended the present rules till 31st of July so am planning to target that, do you think am too late to achieve that timeline?

4) What do you think will change beyond July 2013, will they stop accepting applications for skilled workers at all or will the profession list be changed or language criteria be changed further? I understand this is pure contemplation but just looking for some cues if someone has any knowledge of this?

Appreciate your response.
Thanks.

suwal

Feb 4, 2010
Hello friends !
I hope you'll give me answer.
I've done Bsc(physics) and MSc computer science. In area of training list only 3 years bac degree was mention. 2 years master degree eligible for application or not and Do I get 6 points from area of training ?
Is there any email Id for inquiry ?

sunil789

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
max09 said:
Hi Guys

I am planning to file my application for Quebec.
I have some questions, would really appreciate if you could provide your inputs:

1) I have done my IELTS and have the result however I have not attended any training for the French language as yet. As far as I understand we need to have DELF A2 level proficiency to apply, how much time do you think would it take to acquire the language proficiency and appear for the exam and pass it :) Would really appreciate if anyone of you could point me to a French tutor available in the Noida area?

2) How much time does it take for the Quebec immigration process end to end, right from the point when application is submitted to when the visa is stamped? I am asking this for the immigration office in Delhi.

3) I have heard that they have extended the present rules till 31st of July so am planning to target that, do you think am too late to achieve that timeline?

4) What do you think will change beyond July 2013, will they stop accepting applications for skilled workers at all or will the profession list be changed or language criteria be changed further? I understand this is pure contemplation but just looking for some cues if someone has any knowledge of this?

Appreciate your response.
Thanks.
You can submit your application till 31st July, there is no late in that, after that things might change in areas of training or french proficiency as new fsw occupation list has been annonced that might reflect here after July. Or they can extend the same program as they just did after 31st March.

Well A2 is okay, but it is advisable to go till the intermediate level in French Language

sunil789

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
suwal said:
Hello friends !
I hope you'll give me answer.
I've done Bsc(physics) and MSc computer science. In area of training list only 3 years bac degree was mention. 2 years master degree eligible for application or not and Do I get 6 points from area of training ?
Is there any email Id for inquiry ?
Yes you can mail Quebec immigration, you go to reach us page, there e mail box option is available. Your question is dicy so it is advisable to get the evaluation report for your graduation and post graduation before filing an application

reena123

Mar 4, 2013
sunil789 said:
Yes you can mail Quebec immigration, you go to reach us page, there e mail box option is available. Your question is dicy so it is advisable to get the evaluation report for your graduation and post graduation before filing an application
you can mail here
https://services.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/reach/mail.php

suwal

Feb 4, 2010
thank sunil
Actually
I've done 3 years Bsc (physics)
2 years MSc(computer Science)
5 years of work exp
French A2 It was 3 years before
age 34
Ielts 5.5
child 2 under 7
spouse Higher secondary 10+2
french A1

I'm confuse about area of training , they have coated 3 years BAC degree of computer science. But I've 2 years Master degree. 2yrs master degree get 6 points on area of training or not .?

lili libra

Jan 25, 2013
urgent case

hi
i want to know how many points i can score for QSW
education :pharmacy bachelor degree 5 years outside of canada
training :pharmacy technical assistant ,4 years in syria
language :ielts 7in general ,speaking 7and listening 6.5
french i just started learning it
net worth :10000 dollars

how many point i can score and can i apply before july and what about french test ,i heard that it is mandatory now .what do you suggest please ?
thanks to you all

sunil789

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Re: urgent case

lili libra said:
hi
i want to know how many points i can score for QSW
education :pharmacy bachelor degree 5 years outside of canada
training :pharmacy technical assistant ,4 years in syria
language :ielts 7in general ,speaking 7and listening 6.5
french i just started learning it
net worth :10000 dollars

how many point i can score and can i apply before july and what about french test ,i heard that it is mandatory now .what do you suggest please ?

thanks to you all
Dear Lili,

Generally the areas of training points are awarded on your education not for the work experience, and bachelors in pharmacy falls in 0 points areas of training, whereas you have the work experience in technical pharmacy. So there are many chances that your application might be treated as application with 0 points of areas of training.
Yes as per the new criteria if you are not meeting the minimum points it is must to submit the french language certification along with the application

thenalso you make your assessment with David Cohen he can advise you better in this regard.