Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
Hello everyone

I'm a bit confused about the Areas of Training Part. According to the Intake of applications page

There are 2 pdf links. One for you to get 6 pts and one for you to get 12 or 16 pts.

I have BSc in Engineering ( Electronics and Telecommunications) and MBA from Bangladesh.

According to the 1st link (i.e. to get 6 pts) it falls under the degree obtained in quebec or equivalent part.

In the quebec degree equivalency sheet and going to the Bangladesh page from there

I find BSc in Engineering is listed there. So is it equivalent to the quebec degree and am I eligible for those 6 pts?

Please help.

I wanted to post all the links but I was not allowed to.

Jenalby

Apr 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118 Nursing /Group B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Doc's Request.
8/08/2014 asked to submit ITR,docs reached Montreal on 17/10/2014
AOR Received.
File opened in April 2013 ,got it in hand on May 2013
IELTS Request
IELTS 7 band
Interview........
No idea...
LANDED..........
????2015?
Mistaken_Identity said:
Hello everyone

I'm a bit confused about the Areas of Training Part. According to the Intake of applications page

There are 2 pdf links. One for you to get 6 pts and one for you to get 12 or 16 pts.

I have BSc in Engineering ( Electronics and Telecommunications) and MBA from Bangladesh.

According to the 1st link (i.e. to get 6 pts) it falls under the degree obtained in quebec or equivalent part.

In the quebec degree equivalency sheet and going to the Bangladesh page from there

I find BSc in Engineering is listed there. So is it equivalent to the quebec degree and am I eligible for those 6 pts?

Please help.

I wanted to post all the links but I was not allowed to.

please check this link for your clarification..

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/summary-table-areas.pdf

Mistaken_Identity

Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
Jenalby said:
please check this link for your clarification..
Thanks. My confusion is regarding the Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering (Bach. - 4 years) part. It says I get 6 pts if my degree is equivalent to quebec degree. According to the Bangladesh page of the equivalency to quebec education pdf file BSc in engineering is equivalent. But is that enough?

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Mistaken_Identity said:
Thanks. My confusion is regarding the Electrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering (Bach. - 4 years) part. It says I get 6 pts if my degree is equivalent to quebec degree. According to the Bangladesh page of the equivalency to quebec education pdf file BSc in engineering is equivalent. But is that enough?
I don't think it's enough. Since you did not obtain your degree from Quebec, You have 0 AOT points. You may not be able to submit an application untill after 31jul.
Sorry to give you bad news though. :(

Mistaken_Identity

Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
rifiel said:
I don't think it's enough. Since you did not obtain your degree from Quebec, You have 0 AOT points. You may not be able to submit an application untill after 31jul.
Sorry to give you bad news though. :(
Thanks for the reply mate. I was just hoping for the equivalent part to come to my rescue.

I guess I should wait for new directives then. Can't believe MBA is not listed anywhere.

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
MBA is OK (under AOT Business Administration Bacc 3yrs)
only if you received the degree less than 5yrs ago: failing that, you must have work experience in administration or mgt. in the past 5years. So which one of these two situations appllies?

Mistaken_Identity

Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
rifiel said:
MBA is OK (under AOT Business Administration Bacc 3yrs)
only if you received the degree less than 5yrs ago: failing that, you must have work experience in administration or mgt. in the past 5years. So which one of these two situations appllies?
Yes I've completed my MBA very recently. Just a couple of months ago. But it was a 2 year program. Does it work?

Mistaken_Identity

Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
Just to give you my full profile

BSc in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering from North South University, Dhaka, Bangladesh (4 year program) in 2010
MBA in Finance from North South University, Dhaka, Bangladesh (2 year program) in April, 2013

DELF A1 got 86.5/100 in 2011
DELF A2 got 88/100 in 2012
Got over 16 in both speaking and listening in both A1 and A2

Giving DELF B1 next week but the result will take 2-3 months to come. But I believe I get 6 pts from A1 and A2.

Will get IELTS result on the 21st June. I gave IELTS in 2010 and got 9 in listening, 9 in reading, 7 in speaking and 6.5 in writing so am expecting a good result this time as well to get the maximum 6 pts from English.

Work Experience of 2 years at the end of this month.

Mistaken_Identity

Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
rifiel said:
Work experience in what area? care to elucidate?
of course.

My current job has a variety of duties as it's a telecom company and I'm working in the management department. My duties include both management level tasks and also computer/telecom engineer level tasks. If I go by the FSW NOC duties my duties overlap with both Computer Engineers and Engineering Managers category. I've been working here for 1 year.

I worked as an IT executive for 3 months in my 1st job and as an admin officer for 9 months.

Mistaken_Identity

Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
rifiel said:
If you can get work certificates to attest to your experience, Go ahead and apply!
Thanks a lot for your feedback mate. Really appreciate it. I can definitely get the work experience documents.

I have calculated my points and get 53 without counting the 6 possible adaptability points.

Education ( Masters) = 12
AOT (MBA) =6
Work Experience (24 months) = 6
Age (27) = 16
Language French=6
English = 6

Financial = 1
Total=53

Will need 2 out of 6 from Adaptability criteria. I'll get my DELF B1 score in 3-4 months so hopefully can add a couple of more points later.

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
You took your IELTS exam in 2010. You may need to redo it though as it's only valid for two years.
Also, you may qualify to apply under FSW3 as well (Electrical Electronics Engineer) If you have 1year exp. in this area.

Your DELF B1 result will not be released early enough for you to submit with your application. You can still use the DELF A2 but Why not try Tefaq/TCFQ? you may be pleasantly surprised. :p

Mistaken_Identity

Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
rifiel said:
You took your IELTS exam in 2010. You may need to redo it though as it's only valid for two years.
Also, you may qualify to apply under FSW3 as well (Electrical Electronics Engineer) If you have 1year exp. in this area.

Your DELF B1 result will not be released early enough for you to submit with your application. You can still use the DELF A2 but Why not try Tefaq/TCFQ? you may be pleasantly surprised. :p
Yes I've taken IELTS already on the 8th of this month and will get result on the 21st. I'm confident that I'll get a good enough score to claim all 6 pts in English.

I read about TCFQ in another thread and then checked at AFD about the next test date. Unfortunately it's in August. So I guess I'll get the B1 result at around the same time as the TCFQ one. Still considering giving it though as many forummers have said it's easier than DELF. The format is also quite appealing as it's really short.

I'll send my application with A2 results and later on update my file after getting AOR with my B1 and TCFQ result.

I'm trying for FSW also but by the time I get my IELTS result it will probably be too late and the cap will be filled for NOC 2147. But will send my application regardless. Actually I decided to try for Canada PR only recently so am behind in many fronts. Hopefully I can catch the Québec train.

What about you bro? What phase are you in with your QSW application?