LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi people

I did applied for qsw to biq damascus but i'm not sure with points which are

15 years of education B.S.C = 10

BUSINESS ADMINISTRARION WHICH FALLS IN SECTIONC FROM AREA OF TRAINING = 6

AGE 24 = 16

FRENCH = DELF B2 = 12

ENGLISH = PROOF THOUGHT FROM MY EMPLOYER CERTIFIED THAT I AM WORKIN' IN AN INYERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION = 6

WORK EXPERIENCE = 20 MONTHS = 4

FINANCIAL SELF SUFFICIENCY = 1

ALL COMBINED IS 55

IS THAT RIGHT??

AND IF IT'S AM I ELIGIBLE FOR INTERVIEW WAIVER???

THANKS

AHMED

ladcameo

Feb 7, 2011
iam a bit confused abt the points for education,the official site is pretty confusing,can some one tell me a better site for evaluation or i will give my edu details pls tell me the points

Bachelors Of Technology in IT-4 yrs
Masters in Computer Science-2 yrs

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ladcameo said:
iam a bit confused abt the points for education,the official site is pretty confusing,can some one tell me a better site for evaluation or i will give my edu details pls tell me the points

Bachelors Of Technology in IT-4 yrs
Masters in Computer Science-2 yrs
12 Points for Schooling out of 12 Points
6 Points for Area of Training (Section C) out of 16 Points

Total 18 Points for Education Factor our of 28 Points

Computer Science area is listed under Section C.

ladcameo

Feb 7, 2011
so i have scored 14 points?

i just finished assesment on quebec offl site
i have selected computer science 4 yrs bach as training coz i couldnt find anything else
i selected yes for "is it a mutual recognised diploma"
i selected yes for "selected occupation controlled by regulatory body"

is that correct

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kcharito said:
Dear all,
I am one of the many people who try to immigrate to Canada.
I am Greek, living in Athens, Greece.
I've already applied for the PR Visa via the QSW program. My file is in the immigration office in Paris, since Thursday, 9th of February 2011.
I'm waiting for the AOR.
I found this forum today, and i realised that it is so helpful.
Before asking my query, i would like to say that i am getting help from the David Cohen Law firm, and I am very satisfied.
But i realize that if you search more, you get more clarifications.
So, here is my query:
By reading the posts of this topic, i realised that French is not obligatory for the QSW program, but if you have a degree, then it speeds up the procedure from one year to 4 months, and you dont get any interview.
I also read that if you have a good score, then u may not get called for an interview.

I would like to tell you my situation, and ask you, from your experience, about the time of my application process, and about the chance of getting an interview or not.
I am 32 years old.
I finished Computing and Information Systems, 4-year degree (3 years academic, 1 year industrial placement) at the University of Bradford, UK. (BSc Honours Degree)
I am working since 2001 (my graduation year) as a Software Engineer, Project Manager, and for the last 4 years as a Computer Support Consultant.
My level of English is excellent (except from my University degree, I have also the First Certificate in English as a foreign language from the University of Cambridge, since 1993)
My level of French is intermediate. I was having lessons at my high school years, (6 years) and I've attended to private lessons. I started again now. I don't have any degree.
My wife is 27, she has finished Sociology (4-year all academic) in Athens, and she is finishing her Master's Degree at Health Education and Promotion (she finished the exams, she has to give her final dissertation in June). And she has also music degrees (piano etc)
She is working as a Sociologist since November 2010, and before that she was a administrative assistant at her firm (Mental Health Organisation). In parallel, she is a music tutor.
She knows English Fluently (she has Proficiency in English certificate, from the Uni of Michigan, and the first certificate from Cambridge), she knows Italian, but no French. Only basic phrases.
Do you believe that we will be asked for interview, so the process will last for about 1 year?
Do you beieve that we have the qualifications to get a PR card?
Thank you in Advance
Dinos.
Hi

Your case is strong. If you submit French language certificate (DELF B1/B2, TEF) and/or IELTS, your chances are more to get interview waiver. You can get CSQ within 4 to 6 months without any interview.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ladcameo said:
so i have scored 14 points?

i just finished assesment on quebec offl site
i have selected computer science 4 yrs bach as training coz i couldnt find anything else
i selected yes for "is it a mutual recognised diploma"
i selected yes for "selected occupation controlled by regulatory body"

is that correct

Yes, Computer Science is under section C whether it is 3 years diploma, 3 years degree or 4 years degree in Computer Science. All are under Section C. 6 Points for Section C.

Master degree in computer science is not listed there. You will get 12 Points for Schooling.

Master degree will help to get 12 points for Schooling but doesn't get area of training. Bachelor degree of computer science will get 6 points(Section C) for area of training points.

Hope you understand.

atteeq

Star Member
May 1, 2010
hi visa expert... i need to ask as i withdraw my as FSW case 9 months before but did not get my checque back till now... really worried and waiting for the chequ i have send letter to cic aswell but no reply my points were 65 not 67 thats why i withdraw my case really upset... every thing went wrong... kindly guide me? yhanks.

chanis

Jan 30, 2011
visaexpert said:
I have some confusion about your area of training points.

Please write your bachelor degree full name with major and course duration and
write your Master degree full name with major and course duration

We will see how much points you will get for area of training.

sir,

great to read u after long..

by the way kindly answer my querry also.

thanks

chanis

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chanis said:
sir,

great to read u after long..

by the way kindly answer my querry also.

thanks

chanis
Can you write your query again, please?

blocker

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
as per earlier..discussion thanx for reply sir . i also want to discuss after higher secondry i have diploma in mechanical of 2 yrs which equivalent to 3 years. then after that my bachelors of chemical duration three yrs equivalent to 4 yrs. and sir i send proof given by my college that language of medium is english. whether they will ask for ielts and mechanical diploma means no. of yrs will they count.or will i score only 8 in schooling. because my total yrs of study become 15 yrs or if they count equivalancy then it becomes 17 yrs.can i get 12 points because my number of study years as one who studied masters..

ssaansari

Jul 15, 2008
Karachi - PK
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi visaexpert,

My education is 10 Secondary School + 2 Year Higher Secondary + 2 Year Degree in Computer Science
can u please calculate my points.

Thanks
S.Ansari

james_tvm

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Trivandrum, India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-10-2023
Hii Visa expert

I am little confused while going through the Quebec official website....in the List of training areas....first of all I will tell my story...
In April 2001 I completed my first Engineering Diploma in Civil from India 3 years full time, In 2004 completed my Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from India 3 years full time (lateral entry scheme), In 2009 completed my Post graduate diploma in Construction Management from UK 1 year full time, presently doing my Masters degree from UK through distance education from India.....

So can I know how much point can I get in the area of training by including schooling too...

waiting for a reply

James

Ahmed 13646

Oct 30, 2010
Khartoum Sudan
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2010
Nomination.....
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
04-03-2011 (issued) - received 11-4-2011
IELTS Request
proof though + DELF B2 ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Ahmed 13646 said:
Hi people

I did applied for qsw to biq damascus but i'm not sure with points which are

15 years of education B.S.C = 10

BUSINESS ADMINISTRARION WHICH FALLS IN SECTIONC FROM AREA OF TRAINING = 6

AGE 24 = 16

FRENCH = DELF B2 = 12

ENGLISH = PROOF THOUGHT FROM MY EMPLOYER CERTIFIED THAT I AM WORKIN' IN AN INYERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION = 6

WORK EXPERIENCE = 20 MONTHS = 4

FINANCIAL SELF SUFFICIENCY = 1

ALL COMBINED IS 55

IS THAT RIGHT??

AND IF IT'S AM I ELIGIBLE FOR INTERVIEW WAIVER???

THANKS

AHMED
visa expert

can you please help with this

smj.zahid

Feb 18, 2011
I have done Masters in computer science from Univeristy of Greenwich (London). Prior to completion of my masters I have been working for a charity as "Software Programmer" from October 2008 till date. My concern is the work I have done in U.K since I arrived gets counted as a full time or part time, because I use to work part time during class and full time during vacations.

Please also let me know the criteria(s) for which we can claim points under the (PNP) programme of Quebec.

Regards

ssaansari

Jul 15, 2008
Karachi - PK
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please anyone!

Hi visaexpert,

My education is 10 Secondary School + 2 Year Higher Secondary + 2 Year Degree in Computer Science
can u please calculate my points.

Thanks
S.Ansari