+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

lizzie11

Jan 31, 2011
marylatt said:
Under work experience though, did you actually put no experience? Or have you worked before, just not in your profession? I believe all you technically need to have is six months in a job that requires a skill (A,B,C, or 0) of NOC categories.

I think, not 100% sure. Anybody else care to comment?
I'm still a student, I completed the evaluation because I would like to immigrate as soon as I finish my studies. :) Here is what I put:
1) have you practiced profession related to your qualifications-no.
2) how many years of experience do you have, incl. military service (or it was something similar)- I put less than 6 months. And here (um I'm not allowed to post a link?? But somehow I see links in other messages. Never mind, the webpage is existing) you have in French how the points are being awarded. For less than 6 months of exp, you get 0 points, BUT in never says that it is necessary to gain a point, whereas it clearly states that some other factors are necessary, such as at least 2 points for the education section.
That's why I was surprised when I read at canada visa website that at least 6 months of experience is required.
I think we should follow official instructions, don't you agree?
Regards. :)

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chanis said:
hi,,,,

is french compulsory for the process of CSQ????
NO

But It's good if you learn french. It will help you to score more points in Quebec immigration point system because they have put more points to french language.

If you can score minimum points without french points, you can go ahead and apply for Quebec certificate.

chanis

Jan 30, 2011
visaexpert said:
NO

But It's good if you learn french. It will help you to score more points in Quebec immigration point system because they have put more points to french language.

If you can score minimum points without french points, you can go ahead and apply for Quebec certificate.
dear sir,

thanx very much for the answer. as I was prety confused on this,, I have already submitted my file and got my receipt from there before a month,, as per my calculations i score enough points for this,, but usually what are the chances for interview as per you knowledge?? and how much time it may take for the CSQQ or interview,, Sir kindly guide on this. i have 0 french knowledge and 7 bands for speaking and 8 bands for listening in IELTS.

thanx a lot

Chanis

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chanis said:
dear sir,

thanx very much for the answer. as I was prety confused on this,, I have already submitted my file and got my receipt from there before a month,, as per my calculations i score enough points for this,, but usually what are the chances for interview as per you knowledge?? and how much time it may take for the CSQQ or interview,, Sir kindly guide on this. i have 0 french knowledge and 7 bands for speaking and 8 bands for listening in IELTS.

thanx a lot

Chanis
It's good that you score enough points without french.

I advice you to join french language class for 2 to 4 months, no need to take any DELF level exam. French will help you a lot when you go to Quebec. It's not difficult but require some time to understand.

Visa officer will take your interview and you may get the CSQ if you have little knowledge of french since you already score enough point to pass.

chanis

Jan 30, 2011
visaexpert said:
It's good that you score enough points without french.

I advice you to join french language class for 2 to 4 months, no need to take any DELF level exam. French will help you a lot when you go to Quebec. It's not difficult but require some time to understand.

Visa officer will take your interview and you may get the CSQ if you have little knowledge of french since you already score enough point to pass.
thanx vey much again....

kindly inform how much time it may take for my interview, if at all it is scheduled??

sorry for troubling u..

satya

Mar 3, 2008
kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
?
AOR Received.
?
IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
?
Med's Done....
?
hello visaexport!
I apriciate your effor.
I've one query about area of training.
In june 2007 I had applied for CSQ and unfortunately I was rejected. I thought I will get 6 points from area of training (type C ) but they didn't give me.
my academic status is
Master of science in computer scince(MSc.Cs) in distance mode 2years
BSc (Bachlore of Science) 3years
ISc(intermediate of science)2years
I've 4 + years work expirence.

now again I'm going to apply for csq. now this time shall i get points from area of training

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anybody have any idea about distribution of English language points according to IELTS band in Quebec Immigration.

Thank You !!!

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
hello

you can check your points as below

speaking bands Listening bands Points attribute
7 + 6.5 + 3
4-6 3.5-6 2
1-3 0.5-3 1

and you can check on the site link below on page 40

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

thanks

francaise said:
Does anybody have any idea about distribution of English language points according to IELTS band in Quebec Immigration.

Thank You !!!

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
STILLHOPE said:
hello

you can check your points as below

speaking bands Listening bands Points attribute
7 + 6.5 + 3
4-6 3.5-6 2
1-3 0.5-3 1

and you can check on the site link below on page 40

thanks
Thank you for your kind help

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satya said:
hello visaexport!
I apriciate your effor.
I've one query about area of training.
In june 2007 I had applied for CSQ and unfortunately I was rejected. I thought I will get 6 points from area of training (type C ) but they didn't give me.
my academic status is
Master of science in computer scince(MSc.Cs) in distance mode 2years
BSc (Bachlore of Science) 3years
ISc(intermediate of science)2years
I've 4 + years work expirence.

now again I'm going to apply for csq. now this time shall i get points from area of training
Dear Satya

I am not sure, according to Quebec, to get the area of training points for computer professional, they need at least 3 years of college or University Education or 2 years of vocational training.

You have 2 years of University education for area of computer science. Number of education is important to award the area of training points.

You have applied in 2007 and list is updated in 2009. I am not sure about your points.

Please refer below link
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

Please refer Foreign Degree section for area of computer science, you will note below degrees

SECTION C – Principal applicant: 6 points
UNIVERSITY LEVEL Computer Engineering (Bach. - 4 years)
COLLEGE LEVEL TECHNICAL TRAINING Computer Science Techniques (DCS - 3 years)
SECONDARY LEVEL VOCATIONAL TRAINING Computer Support (DVS - 1,800 hours / 2 years)

Above computer science degree or diploma will be awarded 6 points for area of training section.

UNIVERSITY LEVEL Computer Engineering (Bach. - 4 years) mean 4 years university level education related to computer science area. In India, similar degrees are BE(Bachelor of Engineering) or BTech(Bachelor of Technology) in Computer Science & Engineering or Information Technology.

COLLEGE LEVEL TECHNICAL TRAINING Computer Science Techniques (DCS - 3 years) mean 3 years college education related to computer science area.
In India, required degrees may be BSc(Computer Science), BSc(Information Technology), BCA(Bachelor of Computer Application), and
In India, required diploma may be 3 years polytechnic diploma in Computer Science and Engineering or Information Technology.

SECONDARY LEVEL VOCATIONAL TRAINING Computer Support (DVS - 1,800 hours / 2 years) mean at least 2 years of vocational training education related to computer field. In India, ITI(Industrial Training Institute) and some government colleges offer 1, 2 or 3 years certificate or diploma program for the students who have very less education, just 10th or 12th pass. In India, vocation institute under AICTE, NCVT and state government offer these types of courses.

You have written you have BSc (Bachelor of Science) 3years, but you have not mention your area of training for your bachelor degree. Please write your major in BSc Degree.

SECTION B –Principal applicant: 12 points
Biochemistry (Bach. - 3 years)
Chemistry (Bach. - 3 years)
Nursing (Bach. - 3 years)

SECTION C –Principal applicant: 6 points
Computer Science (Bach. - 3 years)
Mathematics (Bach. - 3 years)
Microbiology (Bach. - 3 years)

SECTION E –Principal applicant: 0 point
Biophysics (Bach. - 3 years)
Physical Science (Bach. - 3 years)

If your BSc Degree major is Biochemistry or Chemistry or Nursing then It is in Section B, you will get 12 points.

If your BSc Degree major is Computer Science or Mathematics or Microbiology then It is in Section C, you will get 6 points.

If your BSc Degree major is Biophysics or Physical Science then It is in Section E, you will not get any points.

In short, If your BSc Major is Chemistry or Mathematics or Biology or computer then you will get some points but there is no points for Physics major.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chanis said:
thanx vey much again....

kindly inform how much time it may take for my interview, if at all it is scheduled??

sorry for troubling u..

It may take 1 year from your date of application if you are on border lines of minimum points requirements.

If you have score enough points without French points or Adaptability points, they will award you CSQ directly without any any interview within 4 to 6 months.

Please write your detail points structures.

atteeq

Star Member
May 1, 2010
hi....is french is must for qubec immigration or ielts is enough? how many points required total for immigration.thanks.

chanis

Jan 30, 2011
visaexpert said:

It may take 1 year from your date of application if you are on border lines of minimum points requirements.

If you have score enough points without French points or Adaptability points, they will award you CSQ directly without any any interview within 4 to 6 months.

Please write your detail points structures.

my details are as under

Study: Masters

Areas of training: Insurance and Financial Advisory(job in lower management- Insurance)

Experience : 2 years

Language: Ielts Speaking : 7 bands Listening: 8 bands

Financial Sufficiency: Sufficient

Sir,, Kindly help.

regards

Chanis

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chanis said:
my details are as under

Study: Masters

Areas of training: Insurance and Financial Advisory(job in lower management- Insurance)

Experience : 2 years

Language: Ielts Speaking : 7 bands Listening: 8 bands

Financial Sufficiency: Sufficient

Sir,, Kindly help.

regards

Chanis

What is your major in Bachelor and Master degree. Area of training points are awarded based on your education, not your work experience or occupation title.

Points Factor

12 Points Study: Masters
12 Points Areas of training: Insurance and Financial Advisory(job in lower management- Insurance)
06 Points Experience : 2 years
16 Points Age : 28 years
06 Points Language: Ielts Speaking : 7 bands Listening: 8 bands
00 Points French Language
01 Points Financial Sufficiency: Sufficient
0 to 6 Points for Adaptability
---------------------------------
53 without Adaptability
59 with Adaptability Points

Passing score is 55 and you are scoring 53, so you will not get direct CSQ. They will take your interview and decide later how much points to award you for adaptability points. It may be 0 or may be 6.

You may get interview date at the end of this year, about November-December 2011. You have enough time to learn french language. French Level A1 takes 2 months and A2 takes another 2 month to complete. I advice you to pass Level A1 and submit to Quebec Visa office, this way You may get direct CSQ without any interview.

If you have some french language and have not taken any french exam, they will award you some points for french at the time of interview. During interview, they will decide how much point to award for Adaptability factor our of 6 points and how much points to award for french language factor our of 16.

Hope you understand.......