Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
rebirth78 said:
Hello everybody,
My CSQ application was submitted from Liberia, Africa through my lawyers in Montreal to BIQ Paris on November 11, 2011. I received my aor on June 14, 2012. I am now awaiting an interview date (actually, I'm hoping to have the interview waived).
@rebirth welcome to the waiting game:)

House:) anyboby been callef for interview? Please share the experience!!

Fiirm

Jun 25, 2012
ilona cristiana said:
Thank you very much, Razaqng, I thing that I was lucky enough, didn't have to wait too much for the interview, only 9 months.
The interview wasn't difficult at all, me and my husband we were anxious at the beggining, but that is very normal, is ok, the officer understands the human nature. ;D
He was kind and polite, he was speeking slowly an pronouncing well (for make sure that you understand), we have spoken a lot about our papers, not only one personal question ( for ex. "what is your motivation for immigrate?"), nothing like this, he asked me few times if I have only one child, but never the age of our child :eek:, we are phisiotherapists both of us, he wanted to check up our diplomas and the anexes of diploma from university, he asked to see a copy of my cotisations and the last three months of sallary paid papers, I had a french test TCFQ for my french level (intermediar level) it was ok, for my enghish level I didn't have an official test, so he put me one question in english gest to see the level, it was ok too, he didn't even let me finish, we had also to clarifiy some details about our names ( in romanian with "C", in greek with "K"), ANYWHAY was all ok, about an hour the interview, we didn't spoke a lot, gest question-answer and after he wrote a lot at computer, with my husband was not interesed to speek in english ( my husband don't speeks french), gest a few simple questions in french to see if he undertands a little bit (no, but was also ok0, and in the end he told me "madame, vous seule avez deja le pointage pour passer, vouz n'avez pas besoin des points de votre mari, felicitations, vous etes passes!!!"), thing who bothered a little my husband :D, but only a little.
At the end my personal opinion about the interview : once they call you there they want to help, not to trouble you. Assure yourselfs that you didn't write any lie in the papers, and speek clear and gest answer the questions they make, without too much bla-bla.
Good luck to everyone and be cool!

Razaqng

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
22/08/2011(Credit Card Refused)
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
fiirm said:
@ rebirth welcome to the waiting game:)

Fiirm
@Fiirm

I calld biq paris ystdy,the guy dat answrd my call said there is a moment of delay for African countries.I actually didnt ask for reason since he told me my applicant is ok and in course of processing.
Am still suspectn they ve transfrd our files to montreal,but they may speed up processing very soon.I am seeing similar situation in accra.All the best pple.

Razaqng

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
22/08/2011(Credit Card Refused)
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
fiirm said:

Fiirm
[/quot

fiirm said:

Fiirm
@Fiirm

I calld biq paris ystdy,the guy dat answrd my call said there is a moment of delay for African countries.I actually didnt ask for reason since he told me my applicant is ok and in course of processing.
Am still suspectn they ve transfrd our files to montreal,but they may speed up processing very soon.I am seeing similar situation in accra.All the best pple.

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
Razaqng said:
@ Fiirm

Thats a good sign. I also received acknowledgement for my baby update.
Hopefully we will see rain of interview or just CSQ.

Fiirm

Ashille

Jul 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
[CSQ-Paris], [PR-Nairobi]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[CSQ-23 Oct 2010], [PR-15 Dec 2012]
AOR Received.
23 March 2011
Interview........
28 Nov 2012
@ Razaqng

I guess this is the standard answer they give. I called them back in March, then again in June and I got exactly the same answer as you got. 5 months have since elapsed and I'm not seeing anything being speed up at all! All my friends who had filled for PR have been receiving their request for medical lately, whilst us, we're still waiting for CSQ! How much longer do I wait? Waited 18 months already!

stevenllc

May 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
Still waiting... 1yr

Ryan-chris

Aug 11, 2011
Ashille said:
@ Razaqng

I guess this is the standard answer they give. I called them back in March, then again in June and I got exactly the same answer as you got. 5 months have since elapsed and I'm not seeing anything being speed up at all! All my friends who had filled for PR have been receiving their request for medical lately, whilst us, we're still waiting for CSQ! How much longer do I wait? Waited 18 months already!
Hey ashille,

So sorry to hear that you are still in the queue. Am already in Canada since January 2012.life is going well here. If you need any help for the remaining process let me know. I got the PR in January 2012, only 5 months after receiving my CSQ.

Ryan

Ashille

Jul 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
23 March 2011
Interview........
28 Nov 2012
Hey Ryan,

Lucky you! Your process was quick, for I've got a friend who've just received medical request after 9 months. Can I know after how many months you received your CSQ [from the date you got AOR]?

Ryan-chris

Aug 11, 2011
Hi ashille

I got my csq after 4 months of receiving my AOR. My application was returned twice before they sent me a final AOR. Then my CSQ was issued without any interview after 4 month. It took one Month just to get to me.

Cheers
Ryan

Ryan-chris

Aug 11, 2011
Hey ambi1755,

Sorry I am unable to pm you the answers. So I am posting it on the forum.

I landed at st Trudeau airport to activate my PR. The whole process took like 30 minutes after waiting for an hour. I suggest you take a flight to get there while still during the day. You are supposed to give them an address in Quebec when you activate the PR. I gave my friend's add.

I stayed at a hotel for 5 days and then moved to a friend's place. Montreal is a good place, easier to get jobs than any other provinces ( I actually live in Toronto). Of course, you will have to give yourself two months approx. to land on a job. My French level is advanced since I ve tertiary studies in French. However, the easiest job you will get in Montreal is call centre operator.

I left Montreal because my wife could nt adapt to the French the quebecois speaks. It's not the same french that Mauritian speaks. I moved to Toronto after staying in Montreal for two months.... And oh boys....life is so much tougher in GTA than in Quebec...at least 1.5 more difficult in all aspects. I managed to survive the transit and now am more or less settled.

Ashille

Jul 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
23 March 2011
Interview........
28 Nov 2012
Wow! You know what? I've wait 4 times more than you did and still no CSQ??? I really can't take the stress of not hearing from them anymore!

What do you mean by life is tougher in Greater Toronto? How do you compare that?

ambi1775

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2011
AOR Received.
22/02/2012
Interview........
02/04/2012,csq received same day
Ryan-chris said:
Hey ambi1755,

Sorry I am unable to pm you the answers. So I am posting it on the forum.

I landed at st Trudeau airport to activate my PR. The whole process took like 30 minutes after waiting for an hour. I suggest you take a flight to get there while still during the day. You are supposed to give them an address in Quebec when you activate the PR. I gave my friend's add.

I stayed at a hotel for 5 days and then moved to a friend's place. Montreal is a good place, easier to get jobs than any other provinces ( I actually live in Toronto). Of course, you will have to give yourself two months approx. to land on a job. My French level is advanced since I ve tertiary studies in French. However, the easiest job you will get in Montreal is call centre operator.

I left Montreal because my wife could nt adapt to the French the quebecois speaks. It's not the same french that Mauritian speaks. I moved to Toronto after staying in Montreal for two months.... And oh boys....life is so much tougher in GTA than in Quebec...at least 1.5 more difficult in all aspects. I managed to survive the transit and now am more or less settled. Thanks Brother for your promt reply.

ambi

Ryan-chris

Aug 11, 2011
Ashille said:
Wow! You know what? I've wait 4 times more than you did and still no CSQ??? I really can't take the stress of not hearing from them anymore!

What do you mean by life is tougher in Greater Toronto? How do you compare that?
Hi mate,

I have lived both in Montreal and in Toronto. The cost of living is the first big disparity. In Montreal, you will spent $1100 for a couple a month all inclusive. In toronto you will need $1500 minimum. Housing, car insurance, Internet, tv cable, food and transport are more xpensive in GTA. But then, everybody speaks english and you have plenty of Indian food.

In Montreal, there are plenty of job openings when you speak French. In Toronto, job competitions are high because most jobs are English. But then again, in toronto people tend to feel more athomee because it's standard English rather than quebecois vs France French in Montreal.

At the end, it's just a matter of choice. If you are good in French and dont like Indian food much, then Montreal is great. But if you are not a ease with French, and like Indian food, you will like GTA. GTA is more like Mauritius and Montreal is more like reunion island when it comes to taste and culture!

Cheers
R

Ashille

Jul 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
23 March 2011
Interview........
28 Nov 2012
Guess I'm more torn in between than ever! I really like Montréal as a city, for I guess it's got more character and is architecturally richer and all; [correct me if I'm mistaken for my experience comes exclusively from google maps! lol] but then I'm afraid my French isn't that very good. Spoken, I somehow manage, but when it comes to writing, oh la la! In Mauritius French is spoken everywhere even more so than English, but when it comes to writing, we scarcely write in French!

Moreover, having spent several years in England, I'm obviously more at ease with English. Besides, the nature of my work requires me to speak in English exclusively. So, I'm having a real hard time deciding which city is best for me! By the way, I HATE Indian foody! lol