Med's Done....
august 23nd 2013 Ecase shows received on 12/13.2013
Interview........
RPRF request 02/13/2014
Passport Req..
January 5th 2015
quebechopefull said:
Hi Concorde!

Who knew that 1 year would pass and we would still be waiting for our CSQ. I can't believe that a year has gone. I wish I had some good news or updates to share. Aside from additional document request earlier in the year, I'm still waiting for some great news.
From reading the thread, it looks like they're processing July 2010 files. So, soon my dear we shall hear something.
Good luck guys and i hope the good news are for soon

locashelly

Oct 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney, Ottawa, NY Consulate
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ- 24/08/2010 - Federal - 06/02/2012
Doc's Request.
24/03/2013
AOR Received.
24/04/2012
File Transfer...
24/03/2013
Med's Request
24/04/2012
Med's Done....
07/05/2012
Interview........
CSQ -Nov 2011
Passport Req..
24/06/2013
VISA ISSUED...
08/07/2013
LANDED..........
Soon... Aug 2013
Hi, I applied for CSQ on Aug 6, 2010 and received my AOR on Oct 13, 2010. I received a letter dated July 13, 2011 that I am on the interview waitlist for New York. Do you think that means that I will be able to go to the interview during the September mission or will still need to wait longer? Does anyone know what the average advance notice is for letting you know you are scheduled for an interview?

Thanks and good luck to all.

Jul 27, 2011
Hello everyone! :)

Just wanted to say hello, and thank you all for the information. In a measure of solidarity, I thought it would be nice to join this forum! It doesn't seem like there are many of us out there, right? (Americans hoping to emigrate to Québec...) After a lot of hard work, expense, and orchestration, I've finally submitted my application for a CSQ on July 12, 2011. (I like the term "reverse engineering"...) In my case, I was required to show proof that I had been "negotiating" with my appropriate "professional order" in Québec prior to submitting my application, to show proof/acknowledgement of my educational and professional equivalence. (They only evaluate international candidates twice per year.) That turned out to be a *significant* hurdle/undertaking, seeing as I had to go through Hell and high water to satisfy that governing order. They required very detailed descriptions of coursework, diplomas, transcripts, professional accreditations/licenses, employer letters, etc... a TON of documentation!!!... not too different from documentation for the CSQ!! Once I turned all of that in, I had to wait several months for a response, and then proceed onward. Similar to the TEFAQ... I had to wait 8 months or more for the next test date! We should be proud of ourselves for getting this far! One truly has to be highly motivated to emigrate: one fiery hoop after another thrown our way! ;) I must say, it's more than a little disappointing to hear some of the wait times on this forum. I wish you all the best of luck, and thanks again for all of the helpful information. :) By the way, I sent my application via "Registered Mail", which was considered to be the safest "if time is not necessarily that important" (per the USPS). Allegedly, one's package moves through a careful chain of custody. The reason I wanted more security for this CSQ application is that when I had to send my documentation to my "professional order", that was delayed and misplaced by FedEx. Eventually, it arrived; however, you can imagine the fear of a missing CSQ application, after going through Hell to put it together?! Anyway, my point is that according to Canada Post, my package has been IN Canada for over a week; just not delivered yet! I know there was a postal strike, but... wow. That's a loooong time. It's just scary that it's been a full two weeks and still hasn't arrived. Yikes. ;) Oops... sorry I'm droning on and on and on... Thanks again, and I wish you all the best of luck! :)

Jul 27, 2011
Hello all! :)

Quick update... according to the Canada Post website, my CSQ application was delivered to MICC in Montréal yesterday morning! Alhamdulallah and thank you, Jesus! :) Now... I wonder when my credit card will be charged... Also, it seems to be all over the map regarding AOR... Some of you seem to have been acknowledged within a week or so (as far as the actual date on the AOR letter), and yet others, several months. Okay, take care, and best of luck to all!

QuebecMania

Jul 6, 2011
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
Hello everyone,

First, congrats to you Quebecoisehonorai for finally submitting your application. It seems like you'd been through a big maze before you got all your documents ready. Good luck to you for what is to come.

Second, I have some good news! My CC has just been charged today :p Now I just need to wait for that first AOR to arrive. YAY!!! I guess it would take a week or so to be in the mailbox, right?
Anyways, I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Jul 27, 2011
Hello everyone!

Hmmm... Is it just me, or does it seem that these hard-core French speakers are getting their AOR reeeeaally quickly? ??? ::) After Québec's history of fighting assimilation for 400 years into the anglophone cultures surrounding them, I don't blame them for being rather strict with their language policies. On a tangentially related quick note: If you don't already have it, I would highly recommend the DVD "Céline Sur Les Plaines", which was a wonderful concert in 2008, to celebrate the 400th anniversary of Québec City. It's a great introduction to the heavy-hitters in the Québécois music industry, and will give you a glimpse into the unique and lovely culture of Québec. The production quality is super, the music is phenomenal, and the repertoire runs the gamut from classic torch songs (à la Édith Piaf and Charles Aznavour), to pop, rock, and all the way to some super-cool Québécois folk music. Allegedly, there were over 200,000 people in attendance! Seriously... this DVD was a turning point for me in my "Québec nationalism"! (little joke...) It paints Québec as this veritably magical place, with a rich history, intriguing folklore, and the astounding survival of its unique francophone culture against all odds. It made my heart even more deeply invested in this immigration journey, not only for Canada, but for Québec especially! (I've been in love with Canada since 1999, but wasn't eligible for immigration until 2008.) This is a fun, lovely, and highly entertaining way to "study" French without feeling guilty that you're not studying like you should be! (and by "you", I mean "me"...) It actually changed my outlook on studying French from merely utilitarian, to a point of cultural pride. (Also, incidentally, the film "Bon Cop, Bad Cop" is a super-fun guilty pleasure, produced domestically in Canada.) Okay, take care!

QuebecMania

Jul 6, 2011
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
Hello friends :),

I hope all is well for all of you.

I Have just found out that BIQ Montreal sent me an email on August 1st telling me that my file was being processed. The AOR was attached to the email.

Now I would like to know how I can track my application status using the file number on the AOR. Can anybody please help me with that?

Thank you very much for your help.

sadupops

Jan 13, 2011
U.S
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-11-2010
I got my notice that i am on the waiting list for interview today (possibly in new york) and i am scared (nervous will be the better word)!!!!
why? I french is really not up to par and bad. my English is very very good as i am an engineer and i work in the united states.

What are my chances or surviving or getting my CSQ?

can someone please advise?

can_am

Jun 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I recently started looking into CSQ option for migrating to Canada. I would appreciate if someone can help me calculate my points and tell me if my application would qualify under the new rules or not.

1. My Education = MS in Information Studies (US) + B. Tech in IT (India)
2. My Experience for last 5 yrs = 4+ yr exp as Business Analyst in Sales Operations in US (full time) + 1yr as Teaching Assistant in University (US - part time while I was a student)
3. My Age = 29
4. My Lang Proficiency = French - 0; English - Advance (TOEFL - 273 taken in 2004 and working in US all this while)
5. Spouse Age = 29
6. Spouse Education = MBA from US, Msc - Community Resource Mgmt from India
7. Spouse Proficiency = French - 0, English (IELTS - OVERALL - 7; Listening - 7; reading - 6; writing 7.5; speaking - 7)
8. Funds = Sufficient funds
9. Family = Bro stays in Canada bt not Quebec

I would really appreciate all the help and looking forward to your reply soon. Thanks!

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Quebecfull,

Hi there my old friend. Just wanted to give you an update. I got a letter from Quebec informing me that I have been put on the list for an interview. I got excited that I called my immigration people but they informed me that since they didn't give a date I am almost 100% certain NOT to be on the interview list for September. Looks like another 6 months just to get an interview! Not really happy right not because after these added months I still have to wait over a YEAR to get my visa. Fortune does not smile.

grataul

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2011
AOR Received.
Pending
IELTS Request
NR
File Transfer...
NR
Hello Guys,

Thanks for sharing this valuable information on this forum. I have tracking these forums for a while now. I am also interested in applying the QSC. I am living in NJ and have done my masters from US. I evaluated my self in the Quebec immi website and I passed it without French. But I have couple of questions before I apply for QSC.
1. I got married in April 2011 and my wife is in India. I am waiting for my H1B approval and 'll get in another 2 months . But Can I add her to my application even if she is not here in US ? Do i need to wait for her to come here ?
2. Also Anyone knows any french Institutes in NJ or NY .. I can join to increase my proficiency in French ?
3. Do I need to higher any lawyer or company for applying for PR ? They are asking 2000$ in installments. Is applying as simple as it's written on Quebec the immigration Website ?

Can someone please help me on these few questions ?

Thanks in advace

sadupops

Jan 13, 2011
U.S
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-11-2010
i will suggest you apply yourself you do not need a lawyer. make sure you mark your french proficiency level at least at 4 and the register to take french classes at alliance francais in NY or NJ they are in major cities across the U.S and a level 1 course is about $340, level 2, 3 and 4 should cost the same. Alliance Francaise USA afusa.org. when you put you have level 4 proficiency in your application is ok because you will likely get your CSQ or interview a year after you submit your application and by that time you should be at level 4 in your french learning which is sufficient for your interview. in regards to your wife, i will suggest you apply yourself and after you get your CSQ or PR then you can file for her and she can move with you in Quebec

grataul

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, US
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2011
AOR Received.
Pending
IELTS Request
NR
File Transfer...
NR
Thanks for replying sadupops.

I am encouraged with your reply and started the process to fill the CSQ application. I was going through the form and have some doubts. And as you have filled it before , I hope you can help me in it. Below are some of the fields where I have doubts.

6 Have you ever applied:
For a Temporary Stay in Canada ?

***********I have visitor visa of canada but never visited. So does this field applies to me?

8.1 Are any of the diplomas entered nder Question 8 Quebec diplomas or their Equvilant and found among these choices:

****I have MS in Computer science from US. Does field 8 applies to me. What should I write in it ...?

12 Family in Quebec

*******Can I write about my PR friend in this field ?

13 In which City or region of Quebec do you plan to live ?

*******what should be my city in Quebec ? Is Montreal fine ?

********Also do I need to fill the Declaration of Spouse as I am married, but my spouse is not accompanying me.

Can you please help me to fill the form ?

Thanks

Jul 27, 2011
Hello everyone! :)

Good news!... My credit card was charged today, which was 4 weeks (to the day) after my application was physically received at MICC in Montréal. Now it feels a little more 'real'... very exciting! :)

Here's my unsolicited advice: ;)

IT jobs are not officially considered "in demand", according to Immigration Québec. However, it seems (anecdotally) that Québec is a bit more subjective in its selection of applicants, taking a more "composite" outlook of the person, compared to the rest of Canada. You and your wife are young and well educated; both factors are helpful.

Stating that you're at a level 4 in French proficiency is not a good idea, unless you ARE at level 4, AND have the documentation to back it up. You must include official certification of your level of proficiency along with the documentation that you submit with the application. There are several acceptable French assessment tests, such as TEFAQ, TCFQ, TCF, etc., but you MUST include certification along with your original application. When you submit your "application", it is required to be accompanied by about 75 pounds of additional documentation! The "application" is the easy part; procuring the required supplementary documentation is the hard part.

One thing to consider is that if you don't have your application complete (i.e. no official French assessment), your application will either be placed on hold, or returned to you, until you have the complete and correct documentation. Immigration is a very detail-oriented, time-consuming process, and it's important to read ALL of the "fine print", so that you can submit a complete, current, and organized application on the FIRST try. My final application was almost 2 cm thick! It took over a year and a half to orchestrate everything, especially professional licensure issues and French assessment. (Think of it as "reverse engineering".)

Regarding "Family in Québec"... it would seem that if you can neatly and clearly state that you have a 'friend' in QC, that would be better than nobody. Make sure you clarify that it is a friend, not family. Also, the equivalence issue for diplomas... check to make sure you don't fall under the regulation of a "professional order", because you will need to get a formal equivalence acknowledgement from that professional order to send with your application.

Okay, take care!

sadupops

Jan 13, 2011
U.S
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-11-2010
Hey QuébécoiseHonoraire

you can put level 4 french and you do not need to have a certificate result sent along with your application. I am someone that did this and i have successfully filed my application and now i am on the waiting list for an interview so please i know what i am talking about. when i filed for my application though i registered for an introductory french class at alliance francais, and included the letter that i had registered for the course in my application. what is good about this is if you able to complete level four before a year after you filed your application and you do a TEFAQ, TCFQ, TCF intemidiate level exam and send your results in. you will get the CSQ without an interview. but if you don't send any certificates to prove your french level and all other documentation is correct. you will be told to interview. which is mainly to validate your french. as my case is right now :)

6 Have you ever applied:
For a Temporary Stay in Canada ?

if you have a visitors visa say yes as long as your were not rejected for a visa you are fine

8.1 Are any of the diplomas entered under Question 8 Quebec diplomas or their Equvilant and found among these choices:

My form did not have that section 8.1 i have 9.1 though. i think it may mean if you obtained your diploma in Quebec or France.
then they will consider them equivalent.

12 Family in Quebec

yes say the person is your friend. (I have a friend in Quebec but I did not list) its up to you.

13 In which City or region of Quebec do you plan to live ?

I wrote Montreal

********Also do I need to fill the Declaration of Spouse as I am married, but my spouse is not accompanying me.

I am not sure about this part because I am not married and did not filled it out. i will say since your spouse is not accompanying you. you may leave it out